Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Epics

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 18, 2011
With the next update every class should get new epics. Witchdoctors could get Jobu's Ruse which is basically second chance. Musketeers could get Burst Fire which is basically relentless. Buccaneers could get Cheap Shot which allows them to hit is someone moves away. Swashbucklers could get relentless to keep on hitting. Privateers could get Second Chance to allow them to try and hit again if they miss.

Two-Faced Griffin Yellowfish: Level 65
Ambitious Jacob Eastwick: Level 56
Merciless Marcus Mizzen: Level 25
Two-Faced Luke: Level 22
Davy Jones: Level 12

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
I think Buccaneers should get Relentless, and Swashbucklers should get Cheap Shot, actually. This'll balance it more.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheTsunami on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
With the next update every class should get new epics. Witchdoctors could get Jobu's Ruse which is basically second chance. Musketeers could get Burst Fire which is basically relentless. Buccaneers could get Cheap Shot which allows them to hit is someone moves away. Swashbucklers could get relentless to keep on hitting. Privateers could get Second Chance to allow them to try and hit again if they miss.

Two-Faced Griffin Yellowfish: Level 65
Ambitious Jacob Eastwick: Level 56
Merciless Marcus Mizzen: Level 25
Two-Faced Luke: Level 22
Davy Jones: Level 12
Good analysis, however I believe you may have switched two epics: Relentless and Cheap Shot. Cheap Shot is more a SB epic and Relentless is definitely a Buck's epic. Or you can give Bucks Flanking.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
Maybe let the swashbucklers have cheap shot, and the buccaneers have relentless.

Ensign
May 04, 2013
I agree especially the swashbuckler portion

Captain Underwood level 65

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Why not some actual "new" epics

here's one for Swashy's i've been sitting on.

the name is up for debate but i'm thinking something like critical movement or survivor.
give them a 5 percent chance to dodge an epic , mega or super hit. this is simply do to their agile nature.

Buccaneer's could get one called final stance
when at 10% or lower health they get a 50% power boost and a 25% evasion boost.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I feel like it would make tons of sense if privateers got hold the line. We already have repel borders (or should I say repel boarders in a ship battle, fake laugh fake laugh fake laugh...), so why not stop the enemies in their tracks then attack them?

Ensign
Dec 14, 2008
I agree with all your ideas!
And to those saying Swash Bucklers should get cheap shot, I'd have to disagree. Once upon a time I was granted the epic 'flanking' through an outfit and ended up accidentally coming out of my shadows to attack prematurely due to the so said flanking ability, I wasted the double attack and was quite disgruntled. Cheap shot would merely create a problem for us swashbuckling assassins and I will gladly accept relentless instead.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I think Buccaneers should get Relentless, and Swashbucklers should get Cheap Shot, actually. This'll balance it more.
Ratbeard has confirmed that neither buccaneers or swashbucklers are getting relentless.
Aside from that, here are the epics i think we're getting.

Witchdoctors: Mojo Echo Rank 2, Jobu's Rising Rank 2

Musketeers: Burst Fire rank 1, Overwatch rank 1

Swashbucklers: Riposte Rank 3, Flanking Rank 1

Privateers: Relentless Rank 1, Repel Borders Rank 2

Buccaneers: Blade storm Rank 3 (Useless much, but it's pretty obvious they'll get it), Second Chance rank 2 (they get the most epics, so they'll get two ranks).

Ensign
May 18, 2011
DeathWiz101378 on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Ratbeard has confirmed that neither buccaneers or swashbucklers are getting relentless.
Aside from that, here are the epics i think we're getting.

Witchdoctors: Mojo Echo Rank 2, Jobu's Rising Rank 2

Musketeers: Burst Fire rank 1, Overwatch rank 1

Swashbucklers: Riposte Rank 3, Flanking Rank 1

Privateers: Relentless Rank 1, Repel Borders Rank 2

Buccaneers: Blade storm Rank 3 (Useless much, but it's pretty obvious they'll get it), Second Chance rank 2 (they get the most epics, so they'll get two ranks).
Swashbucklers shouldn't get Flanking because anyone can get it from the Empire Bundle. Therefore, if they gave Swashbucklers Flanking, there would be no point in getting the Empire Bundle gear. The same is with the Hoodoo Bundle which contains Readied Spell.