Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Deacon: of all people ....

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Ever since the addition of book 13+14 its been possible to loot for equipment that are replicas of each of the members of Kane's court's equipment. We got rooke, phule, bishop ..... but what about Deacon!? We get to kill him and yet there's no specific drops that represent him. Can't we get his coat or his mask or maybe even something?!?!? This annoys me like crazy .......

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
winter goddess on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Ever since the addition of book 13+14 its been possible to loot for equipment that are replicas of each of the members of Kane's court's equipment. We got rooke, phule, bishop ..... but what about Deacon!? We get to kill him and yet there's no specific drops that represent him. Can't we get his coat or his mask or maybe even something?!?!? This annoys me like crazy .......
I'm with you on this, I want his coat. It looks awesome!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Oh how we pirates would love to rob that nice coat of his. I know I would.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, his elegant attire would be a great addition to any wardrobe, and what about his pistol? I would like his cane, as a swashbuckler, I suspect it may be concealing a sword.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Well, we didn't exactly defeat Phule, did we? I mean, he was there, but he was never in the fight. And then, suddenly, he's in prison in Port Royale. How did he get there? I assume he was captured during some battle with the Armada.

So, we don't have one for Deacon, that we destroyed, and we DO have one for Phule that we did not.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Maybe his gun? An infinite-ranged gun that deals damage equal to twice the player's level.
A level 64 Musketeer could shoot an enemy. They would deal 128 damage.
THAT would be cool.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Kai Alcott on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Maybe his gun? An infinite-ranged gun that deals damage equal to twice the player's level.
A level 64 Musketeer could shoot an enemy. They would deal 128 damage.
THAT would be cool.
So, so OP. Infinite Range!? Think about the options here. Can you imagine being Inferno Shotted or something first turn?

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
Part of me wants to dress up like Deacon, (including his mask), and surprise the other Elites with my survival.

The no-fun rational part of me realizes that's not going to happen.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
And think about when mannequins come out- hahahahahahaha... I'll have a wooden armada at my hands! Hahaha... uh... hmm, doesn't sound as good as it did in my head.

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
So, so OP. Infinite Range!? Think about the options here. Can you imagine being Inferno Shotted or something first turn?
Hm... I don't think the infinite range would work with powers. Deacon has infinite range, but deals not much damage.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Well, we didn't exactly defeat Phule, did we? I mean, he was there, but he was never in the fight. And then, suddenly, he's in prison in Port Royale. How did he get there? I assume he was captured during some battle with the Armada.

So, we don't have one for Deacon, that we destroyed, and we DO have one for Phule that we did not.
Perhaps, in Marco Pollo's tomb, Phule just gets careless and drops a few things. I know my musketeer Maria Mitchell found his medallion that had somehow rolled to the floor as he merrily danced off, leaving her to her expected doom, and she wonders if the nature of the medallion gives some idea of the powers of this mysterious Elite

But, as far as Phule's capture: Catbeard, as he inveigles our pirate heroes into his scheme to get Mustang Sally and Napoleguin out of Fort Elena, gives the capture of an Armada Elite by the Marleyboneans (whom we later find out is Phule) as the final trigger for the Armada attack on the high security prison of Fort Elena. It certainly is an open question of how Phule got in that prison in the first place. Some possibilities:

a) Kane sent an Elite to Port Regal to investigate the sudden destruction of a number of ships and the explosions that destroyed a military station. In the course of this investigation, the "riled-up" Marleyboneans either arrested Phule or captured him in a skirmish. Or Phule might have come there to oversee Armada military extensions (though that sounds like more a job for Rooke), and found himself discovered by hostile Marleyboneans,

b) Kane may not have been aware of the sudden (mysterious) Armada losses in Port Regal; after all, his spy master was primarily focused on plots in Cool Ranch, though like any good spy master, Deacon had a number of plots going... including one with a traitor in Mycroft's staff/allies in Port Regal that bears fruit later. Not realizing recent attacks, Kane may have sent Phule on a 'diplomatic' mission to the governor of Port Regal from a position of strength, his military build-up in Port Regal near the Valencian stormgate, in order to parley/threaten the governor into concessions that would allow more Armada incursions (or perhaps grant access to someplace the Armada wants to go). With his double face (and personality), Phule is ideally suited to making both solid threats and engaging offers... though would Governor Stanley trust him as an emissary? I wouldn't.

A variation of this point might be that Kane sent Phule as an emissary after learning of the attacks, to terrorize the governor with a combination of bullying and sweet-talking into ceasing harassment of Armada interests.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
well,last halloween i went as deacon,so eh,i guess that's 20% cooler.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
thatonevalenciansw... on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
well,last halloween i went as deacon,so eh,i guess that's 20% cooler.
Heh, I would've loved to have seen that.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Perhaps, in Marco Pollo's tomb, Phule just gets careless and drops a few things. I know my musketeer Maria Mitchell found his medallion that had somehow rolled to the floor as he merrily danced off, leaving her to her expected doom, and she wonders if the nature of the medallion gives some idea of the powers of this mysterious Elite

But, as far as Phule's capture: Catbeard, as he inveigles our pirate heroes into his scheme to get Mustang Sally and Napoleguin out of Fort Elena, gives the capture of an Armada Elite by the Marleyboneans (whom we later find out is Phule) as the final trigger for the Armada attack on the high security prison of Fort Elena. It certainly is an open question of how Phule got in that prison in the first place. Some possibilities:

a) Kane sent an Elite to Port Regal to investigate the sudden destruction of a number of ships and the explosions that destroyed a military station. In the course of this investigation, the "riled-up" Marleyboneans either arrested Phule or captured him in a skirmish. Or Phule might have come there to oversee Armada military extensions (though that sounds like more a job for Rooke), and found himself discovered by hostile Marleyboneans,

b) Kane may not have been aware of the sudden (mysterious) Armada losses in Port Regal; after all, his spy master was primarily focused on plots in Cool Ranch, though like any good spy master, Deacon had a number of plots going... including one with a traitor in Mycroft's staff/allies in Port Regal that bears fruit later. Not realizing recent attacks, Kane may have sent Phule on a 'diplomatic' mission to the governor of Port Regal from a position of strength, his military build-up in Port Regal near the Valencian stormgate, in order to parley/threaten the governor into concessions that would allow more Armada incursions (or perhaps grant access to someplace the Armada wants to go). With his double face (and personality), Phule is ideally suited to making both solid threats and engaging offers... though would Governor Stanley trust him as an emissary? I wouldn't.

A variation of this point might be that Kane sent Phule as an emissary after learning of the attacks, to terrorize the governor with a combination of bullying and sweet-talking into ceasing harassment of Armada interests.
or he could have sent phule to get captured on purpose which would have then given him a good reason to wage war against marlybone, by doing that he could get a step closer to figuring out the clockwork birds (they were also in marlybone)

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Still, that's no excuse to leave out Deacon drops. I want to have something epic from him to add to my collection of Armada related stuff ....... all I have is some silly house item sword!

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Heh, I would've loved to have seen that.
if i make a gaming blog,which i likely wont for a while. i might post them.