Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Trading Update?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
Is there a person that doesn't want a trading update? I really need that update. I have 2 pages of items with powers I can't use. When the update comes I'll be selling things like I'm a free trader. I have loot 0+ to 60+.
I would sell a 35+ gear for 1000. Reasonable by me. I got Mojo Blade, Sky Spirit, Revive, etc. And it's just sitting in my bank! Tell me if you would want this update to come. Fingers crossed that we get it soon.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
icyian on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Is there a person that doesn't want a trading update? I really need that update. I have 2 pages of items with powers I can't use. When the update comes I'll be selling things like I'm a free trader. I have loot 0+ to 60+.
I would sell a 35+ gear for 1000. Reasonable by me. I got Mojo Blade, Sky Spirit, Revive, etc. And it's just sitting in my bank! Tell me if you would want this update to come. Fingers crossed that we get it soon.
Hey icyian!

When you say trading update, do you mean like trading no auction gear with other players? If that's the case, I would not like such a system implemented. The reason is because of the fact that farming would pretty much die out. If you have thousands of players who already had all this no auction gear before this update were to be implemented, then they would simply give it all away to other players, which basically kills the point of farming bosses. We can also reverse the consequences by saying that the trade system would be almost never used because of the fact people can just farm bosses for that particular gear.

Just like many RPG's, not all your gear is meant to last forever, and KI has definitely shown this in both Wizard101 and Pirate101. Keeping rare loot rare is one reason why I believe they don't plan on allowing free trading no auction gear nor making no auction gear auction-able.

Those are just my thoughts.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
If you don't want to hang on to that rare but non tradable gear, you CAN always sell it to a normal vendor. Just because it is not auctionable doesn't mean it is not sellable.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trading between players could be like opening 'a can of worms'. How do you prevent cheating and scamming? Trading non-trade items between your personal pirates would be nice, though.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Gruesome Richard on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Hey icyian!

When you say trading update, do you mean like trading no auction gear with other players? If that's the case, I would not like such a system implemented. The reason is because of the fact that farming would pretty much die out. If you have thousands of players who already had all this no auction gear before this update were to be implemented, then they would simply give it all away to other players, which basically kills the point of farming bosses. We can also reverse the consequences by saying that the trade system would be almost never used because of the fact people can just farm bosses for that particular gear.

Just like many RPG's, not all your gear is meant to last forever, and KI has definitely shown this in both Wizard101 and Pirate101. Keeping rare loot rare is one reason why I believe they don't plan on allowing free trading no auction gear nor making no auction gear auction-able.

Those are just my thoughts.
I don't think farming would die out because of trading. You say a bunch of people would already have all this great gear and would just give it away for free! Firstly these people would have to farm to get All this great gear in the first place. Secondly, (And this is just my opinion) nobody would give away great gear without getting something good in return
However, I don't think they should add trading gear into the game simply because I like having to sell my stuff in the bazaar or a vendor.

But trading doubloons on the other hand...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
You do know that you can sell those items to any other merchant, just not in the bazaar, right? So free up some space and go visit Remington's Steel or which ever merchant you're nearest to.

Personally, I'd rather just sell my unwanted stuff to a merchant than to a player.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Unless you have already done so, I would start new Pirates that could use the gear you are talking about. If you try to wait for trading, I think you will have a very, very long wait.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Well in response to icyian about a trading update I'd say be on the lookout because if you read the producers letter somewhere in there it hints that in a future update possibly the next or an update coming soon so I'd say your wish will eventually come true hopefully soon because I want to see that added as well. Now I response to trading the rare boss drops I agree but also disagree because I believe if you have a bunch of extra amazing gear lying around that you can't sell then I think you should be able to give it to another player but for a cost of coins and the amount it costs should depend of how good that gear is like the level the gear is and the abilities it gives you. So to sum it up if we can trade good gear it should automatically set a cost of gold for the other player to receive the gear so no one can just give gear that is worked hard for and earned for free because it took a lot to get that good gear.

Find me in the game:
Merciless Ethan Jenkins Lvl 65
Leo Richardson Lvl 65
Slick Cody JonesLvl 58

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I could see a trading update of sort happening. But ONLY for doubloons, not gear.

Kingsisle has already stated that the only trading they will add to their game is Non enchanted treasure card trading (Wizard101's own version of doubloons in a way)