Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Accidentally reported somebody else/reporting idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2013
I accidentally reported another, and without putting anything, which I know will be accused of false report. I can be punished for this accident if you wish, but here's why I put this in The Shipyards.

1) Nowhere else to put it, if you ask me.

2) I think in the next update, to report somebody, you have to fill in something in the bar, or have a select choices to report said character on.

Sorry about wasting your time, but if an KI staff is willing to spare some seconds to look at this, I'd be happy.

Sincerely, Honest Morgan Morgan Level 62, as of writing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Some Swashbuckler on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I accidentally reported another, and without putting anything, which I know will be accused of false report. I can be punished for this accident if you wish, but here's why I put this in The Shipyards.

1) Nowhere else to put it, if you ask me.

2) I think in the next update, to report somebody, you have to fill in something in the bar, or have a select choices to report said character on.

Sorry about wasting your time, but if an KI staff is willing to spare some seconds to look at this, I'd be happy.

Sincerely, Honest Morgan Morgan Level 62, as of writing.
You suit your name, Honest Morgan, not many people would post about making a mistake like this. But I believe that when you report someone there is a bar where you type in the offence. I haven't needed to report anyone in a while, has this changed?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I wouldn't worry Morgan. I am sure that accidental reports have happened before and the special investigators of such things at game headquarters know the difference.
In fact I was on Wizard last night and was busy trying to collect fish pictures for a fansite guide and I hadn't spoken to anyone in the game for over an hour and was just galloping through Grizzleheim and I got reported. As I know I couldn't have made anyone mad nor done anything wrong with possible the exception of speeding () so it had to have been a mistake. It happens and you have done the best possible thing by letting them know. Such honesty is highly regarded and makes you a valued Message Board Marauder.

Community Leader
False reports are only an issue if you make a pattern of it.

To err is human!

It probably should require something be typed in as an explanation for the report though.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV