Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Prepaid Cards

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
I have a question about prepaid cards. I just recently bought a prepaid card for the first time. I bought this for a new character I wanted to level with the goodies. I was not aware that the cards only allow you to pick an item for a certain level and that these items didn't level with you.

My question is what is the point in paying $30 for in game content that I cannot use for the life of my characters? Why are the ships/gear that come with the cards not progressive so that their level and bonuses increase with the character they are on. This way to stop a level 20 character from using level 60 bonuses and make the money spent worth it?

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Evileen83 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
I have a question about prepaid cards. I just recently bought a prepaid card for the first time. I bought this for a new character I wanted to level with the goodies. I was not aware that the cards only allow you to pick an item for a certain level and that these items didn't level with you.

My question is what is the point in paying $30 for in game content that I cannot use for the life of my characters? Why are the ships/gear that come with the cards not progressive so that their level and bonuses increase with the character they are on. This way to stop a level 20 character from using level 60 bonuses and make the money spent worth it?
Well, the only item that can't really level with your pirate is the ship. You can train your companions up and stitch gear items. I purchase prepaid cards and bundles all the time. Some items I claim right away and some I don't. I bought the Hoodoo Bundle and even though I knew that if I claimed the ship right away I would soon level past it being practical for me to use...I claimed it anyway because it was so cool. I will buy another of these bundles when I reach max nautical with my Witchdoctor just for the ship. That's the way it works for any of the ships in the game. These are the only items that you can't effectively level along with your pirate so don't get too attached to a ship because you're not going to have it for long. I think it would be a great feature, though, to be able to keep any ship you ever had and be able to purchase the needed armor and weapons so that we are able to keep it for the life of our pirates. I particularly like the 'Pirate Origin' ships but cannot use them anymore.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Evileen83 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:

Even if a specific character outgrows the bundle gear, another later could use it. Also the reason it is like that is because it is the nature of bundles all the way back to wizard101

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
I never had bought any bundles in wizard101 so didn't know that was how it is. I see that you can use the items across your characters too. That's all good but once my characters are past that it becomes a dead purchase. A suggestion would be to offer "Character Bundles" Non-tradeable, and advance with the life of your character. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one willing to purchase bundles like this.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Evileen83 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I never had bought any bundles in wizard101 so didn't know that was how it is. I see that you can use the items across your characters too. That's all good but once my characters are past that it becomes a dead purchase. A suggestion would be to offer "Character Bundles" Non-tradeable, and advance with the life of your character. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one willing to purchase bundles like this.
Actually in theory it doesn't become a dead purchase. You could use it for stitching later :D

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
As others have noted, with the exception of the ships everything can be either handed over to other pirates on your account or upgraded (or, in the case of pets, both). Ships are a notable exception, and my hope is that at some point in the future we will be able to "stitch" ships.

-Indigo