Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Losing Companions

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
It seems whenever I am in a battle by myself and I disconnect, when I log back in, I find one of my companions has received a wound. Sometimes it's one, sometimes it counts as me losing the entire battle in which case all my companions get wounded and I get sent to a life fountain. The bigger problem is that I am a level 65, in that each wound to remove costs a ton of gold. So basically, I have to pay 30-100k gold due to me disconnecting and thus causing the game to count it as a loss of a companion or a loss of an entire battle.

Please fix this, as it's not my fault for my internet always failing every now and then...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Adding on to this, while I was in the dungeon, Dusty Arroyo Mineshaft, my friend and I were just fighting as normal. All of a sudden, both our Pirate101 games suddenly crashed for no reason whatsoever. Upon returning, we found that one of our companions was suddenly wounded even though we did not do anything in battle... Now I must pay an additional 30k gold because Pirate101 crashed during a battle...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Adding on to this, while I was in the dungeon, Dusty Arroyo Mineshaft, my friend and I were just fighting as normal. All of a sudden, both our Pirate101 games suddenly crashed for no reason whatsoever. Upon returning, we found that one of our companions was suddenly wounded even though we did not do anything in battle... Now I must pay an additional 30k gold because Pirate101 crashed during a battle...
I haven't had anything like that happen to me recently or in fact since the update I believe, but I can imagine that would really stink to have to pay gold to "revive" a companion, when a technical issue caused the bed rest and not you. Before the updates, I had a couple of instances were I kept getting kicked out of a dungeon (I think during 'Vulture Club') and every time I would have only 1 health left- I think it happened 3 times during the same battle with someone else.

But your situation is much worse since you have to recover health and part with lots of gold to get someone back who was knocked out by a technical "hiccup". I wonder if it was caused by the P101 server having issues or maybe your own internet or high speed provider. Mine has acted weird every once in a while since I installed a wireless router. Occasionally, for reasons unknown to me, I lose connection for just a few seconds and it causes issues with the game, although it hasn't happened for some time (knock on Ratbeard's peg leg).

I wonder if there is a way that the P101 server, programming or gaming log could differentiate whether a lost connection is due to it's own issue, an outside source or player induced. I am sure it can somewhat because often OEJ says he checks out the server logs and doesn't see reports of issues at certain times. I guess a problem could occur if KI couldn't tell why you lost the connection or if it wasn't perceived as being a problem on their end. It my be tough for them to tell if it was a technical issue disconnection on our ends, which might lead to players purposely "disconnecting" from the game in the middle of battles with hopes of avoiding a lost companion and/or bed rest and forking over a lot of gold. If there was a way they could tell between the two, it would be great to help players out in situations like yours- where clearly it wasn't due to anything you did or didn't do.

That does absolutely stink though and hopefully you won't run into any other issues like that or maybe KI has a way to help out with issues like this. Good luck!