Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ARGH!! The script writers have too much fun!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
So, I got Kan Po up to his Master Promotion.

And I am sent to Master Wa.

Who in turn sends me to seek out Hao Nao...

...who is a brown cow...

Hao Nao brown cow....

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Max DeGroot on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:

...who is a brown cow...

Hao Nao brown cow....

Indeed, the KingsIsle writers are famous for such things. Our Blind Mew and his team are a source of giggles to me again and again. *Raises a tankard of yum in honor of the snicker starting writers. *

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Ahh, the Mooshu puns were my favorite. Egg Foo Yung, Chao Mein, the quest Hao Soon is Nao, Governor Nakamuras minions No Wei and No Hao, and Hunan the Barbarian That's all i can remember off the top of my head.
Clever Sam Jones

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Max DeGroot on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:

...who is a brown cow...

Hao Nao brown cow....

Wait I don't get it? What is the reference o.o?

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
Ikr I wanna be on their creative team I got some tricks up my sleeve as well

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Wait I don't get it? What is the reference o.o?
How Now Brown Cow is a popular expression used in "elocution" training or as we called it when I was training my radio DJ skills: "Enunciation" or clarity in speech. Unfortunately it is a bit of an old fashioned concept except for job related training. Elocution used to be taught in schools along with the Pledge of Allegiance and Miss Manners and good old fashioned cursive writing.
Yea to know what that means dates me a bit but that is one of the things I love about KingsIsle games, they cater to the humor in players of ALL ages.

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
Clever Sam Jones on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Ahh, the Mooshu puns were my favorite. Egg Foo Yung, Chao Mein, the quest Hao Soon is Nao, Governor Nakamuras minions No Wei and No Hao, and Hunan the Barbarian That's all i can remember off the top of my head.
Clever Sam Jones
They were wrong for the no Wei no hao thing I thought it was the actual words until I got into the fight I mean imagine this:
Pirate: what's your names
No Wei: I'm no Wei and this is no hao
Pirate: you've got to be. Kidding me
No hao: nope
Pirate: your parents were wrong for that what were their names?
No Wei: mom was wen and dad was nao
Pirate: a match made in heaven
See???? Lol

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
How Now Brown Cow is a popular expression used in "elocution" training or as we called it when I was training my radio DJ skills: "Enunciation" or clarity in speech. Unfortunately it is a bit of an old fashioned concept except for job related training. Elocution used to be taught in schools along with the Pledge of Allegiance and Miss Manners and good old fashioned cursive writing.
Yea to know what that means dates me a bit but that is one of the things I love about KingsIsle games, they cater to the humor in players of ALL ages.
................. how much boards would the amber horde hoard if the amber horde was on board?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The rain in Monquista falls mainly ... never.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
I don't know what the Amber horde has for boards-ratbeard
Bonnie Annie-they better not be in the armada

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
The rain in Monquista falls mainly ... never.
Great movie...simply LOVERLY!

"With a Little Bit of Luck" I'll find my copy and be eating popcorn and watching it tonight.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Tax Collector: "NO WEI!! NO HAO!!! DESTROY THEM!!!"

That one cracked me up! I almost died laughing! Unlike other gaming companies, KI puts their hearts and souls into this game, and what you get is a high-quality game with high-quality scripts! They take their time for new content, unlike other companies. One game is offering a really rare unit with a unique color scheme for $500 OF REAL LIFE MONEY. That shows that they're running low on cash. Unlike them, KI is making a good amount of money by doing their jobs really well! Finally, here's one more phrase! Please don't chew me out if I get this phrase wrong. I will try to type it the best I can!

El Toro: "Now, would you like some fish?"

Samoorai: "No! I am a vegetarian! DEFEND YOURSELF!!!" This Samoorai is VERY pro-vegetarian! El Toro shouldn't have offered him fish lol!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
When you're eating beef lo mein and you come across a cow named Lo Mein.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Constable Tatami and his comment that the bandits "walk all over him."
Catbeard's trial, among the crimes sited was "one count of impersonating the Queen." Still my favorite part to Marleybone!
Catbeard: " Can I ask a teensy, weensy, un petit favor? GET. ME . OUT. OF. HERE!!!"

Commodore
May 31, 2009
435Snow Owl on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
When you're eating beef lo mein and you come across a cow named Lo Mein.
Ha, yeah with all of the cows, pigs, etc. named after food it gets kinda funny when you've got a dish of it beside your laptop.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Barnabus's second Promo in MooShu, "NOBODY expects the Holy Monqusition!"
Second time they show up, Barnabus says, "I've been expecting you."