Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious Tower - Party anyone?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I can take Ratbeard,as long as he isn't a dialogue skipper.

I can't be the skipper?

I'm to be naught but a lowly pilot, then? Pshaw!

Let's hope Moo Manchu doesn't have any invincible clay warriors with him this time.

Dare I hope that Ratbeard has 'beefed up' this Boss?

I love how you say that like there's only one Boss.

I for one am not afraid, fear is make believe and does not exist in reality! We are the Bosses that these poor enemies will be facing. Where's the Beef.....bring on the Beef (and throw in some Bacon)!

I would really like to be a fly on the wall and see just how these "new" enemies in the so called Nefarious Tower are reacting to knowing that they will have to be facing us formidable pirates. I can picture them on their own Message Boards with a Developer named Sato, Shadowsteppin' around with hints of what perils may await them.

Moo Manchu:

Moos: 2 1/2

Oh fearless Sato, you must guide us safely through this upcoming pirate onslaught. My Clay Warriors' Spirit Shields have yet to reach even 225 degrees, they'll never be ready in time. The pirates are assembling a massive army and seem to be led by a Bearded Rodent that likes to........SKIP!!! Tis' but horrible, the fate that await us!

Doctor Noh:

Moos: He's a goat

I have not yet had time to sharpen my horns and yet they appear ready to strike. I still need some Clear Eyes for my Evil Eyeball. Oh great Sato, why must you wear shades in the dead of night, you have the most amazing eyes? < ooh, Two-Eyed Yak, could you please omit that upon posting >

General Tso:

Moos: 812 rounded down

Sato, I will honorably follow you into battle. But I gotta say- this Tower seems Nefarious enough and all, but I ain'ta feeling to good about this. They got Doctors of Witches, Buckaroos, Tears from Muskets and Private ones too! And I don't even know what a Buckler is, but they got pirates that Swash em'. We be doomed!!!

Sato:
Developer

Posts: Can't track them down- he leaves them spread out all over
Moos: Not Enough

Fear not my Evil ones, hold steadfast and prepare yourselves. Remember my great speech I delivered from my Audience Chamber and may it guide you and give you strength and courage.

"We have a pwan, we will wewease da secwet weapon and wepel da ones who wish to wuing are pwetty towah. We are pwepared to wepel dese howible piwates fwom ouwah impenetwable fortwess. Couwage my evil deed do-wers. We shall pwevail even dough dey have a Whiskered Wat to guide dem and wead da piwating forces! If all else fails....... wun for your wives!!!"

By the way, looooove the new Emoticons, Two-Eyed Yak- they are SOOO fun! Keep up the great, I mean evil work! That last smile is my FAV!

Stormzilla:

Moos: One Moollion

But, Sato, I'm not married.....not for a lack of prospects though!

So, I clearly believe that the enemy are the ones that are afraid. Bring on this Towah!!!

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012

I can't be the skipper?

Let's hope Moo Manchu doesn't have any invincible clay warriors with him this time.

after reading this post, i have a new idea on how to deal with the nefarious tower.
when it opens, lets all get the heck out of dodge and just hide in cool ranch for, oh, say, 30 years? then when its all blown over we can come out. at least, that is what Ratbeard suggested. err, not Ratbeard, that is, i mean Ratbeard suggested that, but Ratbeard would never . . . gimme a second to sort this out, Ratbeard is trying to figure out how to work my laptop. i dont mean Ratbeard, i mean . . . . forget it. lets just cannon the darn thing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Clever Sam Jones on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
So prepare for the coup of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning
Decades of denial, is simply why I'll
Be king undisputed, respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!
Yes our teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!
Yeah, I grew up with The Lion King. You should all just be glad I didn't start Hakuna Matata.
Clever Sam Jones
Oh just GREAT, now my head started singing that one and I have NO control over the volume.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

I can't be the skipper?

I'll comment on each one of your answers:

1.Lowly pilot!?!?!Did you just say lowly pilot!?!?!?Pshaw!

You're leading a crew of well trained pirates into battle against a foul cow mage,in hopes of destroying him in battle.And on top of that,you're the primary attacker(if you so wish).At least you're not the guy in the back who keeps buffing everyone,or the medicine man.Unless you want to be that is.Plus,you'll be protected by Valor's Fortress.

I think that being a pirate king would suit you far better than being the annoying jester who skips the dialogue

2.He'll have something much worse.Won't he?

My non-chalant tone is mainly because I am raising my expectations way too high,so that no matter how hard you make this,you're not surprising me.Ye know, odds are you'll end up surprising me,I just know you.But then again,I also know how much of a pineapple you are.

3.Is anyone else thinking that Moo Manchu is perhaps a pawn of a much bigger scheme?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Clever Sam Jones on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
So prepare for the coup of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning
Decades of denial, is simply why I'll
Be king undisputed, respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!
Yes our teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!
Yeah, I grew up with The Lion King. You should all just be glad I didn't start Hakuna Matata.
Clever Sam Jones
Hakuna Matata
what a wonderful phrase!
Hakuna Matata
ain't no passin' craze!
It means no worries
for the rest of your days!
It's our problem-free
philosophy,
Hakuna Matata!

Ehehehe...I can't believe I did that... I love The Lion King!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:

You're leading a crew of well trained pirates into battle against a foul cow mage,in hopes of destroying him in battle.And on top of that,you're the primary attacker(if you so wish).At least you're not the guy in the back who keeps buffing everyone,or the medicine man.Unless you want to be that is.Plus,you'll be protected by Valor's Fortress.

I think that being a pirate king would suit you far better than being the annoying jester who skips the dialogue

My non-chalant tone is mainly because I am raising my expectations way too high,so that no matter how hard you make this,you're not surprising me.Ye know, odds are you'll end up surprising me,I just know you.But then again,I also know how much of a pineapple you are.

3.Is anyone else thinking that Moo Manchu is perhaps a pawn of a much bigger scheme?
"At least you are not the guy in the back that keeps buffing everyone"
Fair Chrissy the Privateer is now giving you "The Look"

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:

A bigger scheme indeed, Felix...and an even more nefarious one.

Wait a minute- did you just call Ratbeard a pineapple?

I do think we are in store for something pretty grand, whatever it may be- I simply can't wait!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

I can't be the skipper?

1 yes you are

2 is that seriously all you got, a few invincible clay warriors, HA! i was expecting more from you ratbeard. like idk, the ice cream man who charges way overprice and gives you the wrong flavor and drives off.

3 lets hope theres a boss on every floor, and i want to have BBQ after, so work on that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
I for one am not afraid, fear is make believe and does not exist in reality! We are the Bosses that these poor enemies will be facing. Where's the Beef.....bring on the Beef (and throw in some Bacon)!

I would really like to be a fly on the wall and see just how these "new" enemies in the so called Nefarious Tower are reacting to knowing that they will have to be facing us formidable pirates. I can picture them on their own Message Boards with a Developer named Sato, Shadowsteppin' around with hints of what perils may await them.

Moo Manchu:

Oh fearless Sato, you must guide us safely through this upcoming pirate onslaught. My Clay Warriors' Spirit Shields have yet to reach even 225 degrees, they'll never be ready in time. The pirates are assembling a massive army and seem to be led by a Bearded Rodent that likes to........SKIP!!! Tis' but horrible, the fate that await us!

Doctor Noh:

I have not yet had time to sharpen my horns and yet they appear ready to strike. I still need some Clear Eyes for my Evil Eyeball. Oh great Sato, why must you wear shades in the dead of night, you have the most amazing eyes? < ooh, Two-Eyed Yak, could you please omit that upon posting >

General Tso:

Sato, I will honorably follow you into battle. But I gotta say- this Tower seems Nefarious enough and all, but I ain'ta feeling to good about this. They got Doctors of Witches, Buckaroos, Tears from Muskets and Private ones too! And I don't even know what a Buckler is, but they got pirates that Swash em'. We be doomed!!!

Sato:
Developer

Fear not my Evil ones, hold steadfast and prepare yourselves. Remember my great speech I delivered from my Audience Chamber and may it guide you and give you strength and courage.

"We have a pwan, we will wewease da secwet weapon and wepel da ones who wish to wuing are pwetty towah. We are pwepared to wepel dese howible piwates fwom ouwah impenetwable fortwess. Couwage my evil deed do-wers. We shall pwevail even dough dey have a Whiskered Wat to guide dem and wead da piwating forces! If all else fails....... wun for your wives!!!"

By the way, looooove the new Emoticons, Two-Eyed Yak- they are SOOO fun! Keep up the great, I mean evil work! That last smile is my FAV!

Stormzilla:

So, I clearly believe that the enemy are the ones that are afraid. Bring on this Towah!!!
Hahahahhahah * Thud * Dang it, Valkoor, that was too funny, and shouldn't be awwowed! We did litter Mooshu with a lot of enemies, didn't we? Thank goodness Stormzilla is the same size as that tower, so I don't expect him in there.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2012
I almost ALMOST wanted to do every quest in the game to find the quest for that tower. I feel dumb now that I know it isn't open yet. Well ... I might go there if I can walk my lazy self to the nearest Walmart and grab me another membership.

Justin Chamberlain
Lvll 65 Kni(Now I am a Gladiator Optimus!!!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Moo Manchu:

Doctor Noh:

General Tso:

Sato:
Developer

Stormzilla:

*Still laughing & wiping eyes.* Valkoor you have once again given me a glimpse of your world that has forever tainted how I see Mooshu and the world of gaming from the other side of the looking glass. That was beyond brilliant and your accents were hysterical.
Please NEVER stifle these goofy urges and by all means keep writing them down here for all of us to enjoy forever.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012

Moo Manchu:

Doctor Noh:

General Tso:

Sato:
Developer

Stormzilla:

Wow,could you please send me the link to their message boards via central?

Anyways,I always thought Stormzilla was female?(so so so so sorry,the laying eggs thing totally threw me off).

Anyways,I honestly wonder what the developer,in charge of writing the storyline (Allseeing Moooooooo,I believe) has to say to this!

And I keep forgetting the guy who talks about General Tso's chicken.The developer,what's his name?

Anyways,we'll go through this tower,there will be no problem.But repeating it....

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
1 yes you are

2 is that seriously all you got, a few invincible clay warriors, HA! i was expecting more from you ratbeard. like idk, the ice cream man who charges way overprice and gives you the wrong flavor and drives off.

3 lets hope theres a boss on every floor, and i want to have BBQ after, so work on that.
Are you mad?!??!?!?(sorry,don't have an interrobang)

Do you realize that the tower isn't in the Live Realm yet.

Meaning Ratbeard can tweak it into being waaay harder if you offend him too much.!!!!

Now,has anyone else thought about this:If it is hard to go through the dungeon once how hard would it be to repeat it,in farming?

And clearly we need a system.Okay,two teams,one opens chests,the other does the head patting,tummy rubbing technique.

First,I would ask everyone to read up on the blog post made on Swordroll's blog, called _It's only weird if it doesn't work_

It explains exactly the best way to maximize head patting frequency,with tummy rubbing speed.Now,I suggest Ratbeard and Chrissy open the chests,while Blixet and I do the head patting-tummy rubbing.

No splitting!We both do both the head patting and the tummy rubbing.If one does the head patting,and the other tummy rubbing,it won't maximize our luck,it will crush it.

Second thing to keep in mind is that contrariwise tummy rubbing always works.I've also found that in head patting frequency,despite what Swordroll may say,an interval of 3 seconds 42 milliseconds and 42 nanoseconds is the absolute best(you know,the power of 42!).But really,rounding that to just three seconds,is fine.It was fine enough to get me Friar Sand's medallion,from him.And fine enough,to get me the Night Caller's Tunic from Chok ak Ab.

Then there's the tummy rubbing.I did say it was contrariwise,but the best speed for contrariwise is slow.But again,it has to be in sync with the head patting.A great inbalance in speed is just going to keep the odds in a quantum superposition.

Despite the fact that you want either a one or a zero,in combinations for Moo Manchu's wand,instead you would get Erwin Schrodinger's cat.It makes sense because the ones and zeros are just the transistor either letting the electrons flow or restraining it.But then there's the wave/particle duality to keep in mind...and I'm running out of characters.

So basically,we have to make sure to plan this accordingly.Two people open chests,two people do the head patting tummy rubbing technique,okay?

I realize that for newer marauders this may all seem incredibly confusing,so can I ask someone to dig up that post Ratbeard make?Two Eyed Yak...er...One Eyed Jack?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
A bigger scheme indeed, Felix...and an even more nefarious one.

Wait a minute- did you just call Ratbeard a pineapple?

I do think we are in store for something pretty grand, whatever it may be- I simply can't wait!
Indeed I did.He's very very hard on us,but if you get him to open up,he can be really sweet...

that and he brought back a violet bubblefish today,while pet wranglin'.And I am incredibly excited.Ratbeard,whatever you do,just don't forget to be awesome.

This is true for everyone,please,don't forget to be awesome,guys!We can do this.

Knowing the marauders are coming,Moo Manchu will surrender his wand to me or die in an inferno of my magic and willpower!!!

He will not sleep,he will not rest!!!Knowing that the marauders are coming,to pass his test!!!!
And while I weave,Moo Manchu, chaos into your mind,Ratbeard sneaks up and defeats you from the behind!!!
And while I may show you my full hate,it is only to bring you to your fate!!!!!!!
And while my forgivness,to my hexes,is the only remedy,it probably won't be!!!!

Muahahahahahahaha!!!!

*cough* Man,I've been having a really bad cough lately.

As you can see,I'm really having trouble farming Moo Manchu in the Tomb of Kow Cheng,and I may go overboard ...

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Blixet on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
after reading this post, i have a new idea on how to deal with the nefarious tower.
when it opens, lets all get the heck out of dodge and just hide in cool ranch for, oh, say, 30 years? then when its all blown over we can come out. at least, that is what Ratbeard suggested. err, not Ratbeard, that is, i mean Ratbeard suggested that, but Ratbeard would never . . . gimme a second to sort this out, Ratbeard is trying to figure out how to work my laptop. i dont mean Ratbeard, i mean . . . . forget it. lets just cannon the darn thing.
Not gonna happen.Until I get that wand,no one is leaving the tower... alive.

Muahahahahaha!!!! *cough*

Ugh,I hate this cough,I want to have a normal,dramatic,evil laughter moment.

But seriously,once I do get it,we can totally leave.I'll even buy you guys ice cream!!!(ye know,as long as I'm not the one paying,I've been low on gold lately,because of the new Marleybone furniture items.It's Mr. Trelawny's fault!)

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Hahahahhahah * Thud * Dang it, Valkoor, that was too funny, and shouldn't be awwowed! We did litter Mooshu with a lot of enemies, didn't we? Thank goodness Stormzilla is the same size as that tower, so I don't expect him in there.
Hehehehe,I think you spoke too soon...

We may be seeing Stormzilla's hatchlings,they could fit in a room.

Also,I know I've been making a lot of posts tonight.First and foremost,I NEED to thank Two Eyed Ya..One Eyed Jack,on being so speedy in moderation,and for uploading this.Thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you!

And I wanna tell you guys,that Moo Manchu is...going to give me his wand.But more importantly,that we are all more than a team we are a family,and when we storm this tower we are going to...get Felix Moo Manchu's wand.

Sorry,all comes down to that wand.

Thanks again,and Blessings and Giggles on you all!!!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Hakuna Matata
what a wonderful phrase!
Hakuna Matata
ain't no passin' craze!
It means no worries
It's our problem-free
philosophy,
Hakuna Matata!

You two aren't the only ones...

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Moo Manchu:

Doctor Noh:

General Tso:

Sato:
Developer

Stormzilla:

LOL!!!!! That was HILARIOUS I nearly fell out of my chair!!! Still laughing...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
OK, I always considered Stormzilla as a female too since there are eggs involved. Yes I did see the Jurassic Park movies and ok so maybe both dino parents can be protective of their eggs but since we only see one dino, I am going with a lady Zilla.

Now for the explanation of the origins to the head patting and tummy rubbing. That all comes from the delightful humor of Ratbeard in this VERY memorable post.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Be our guest,
Do this quest,
Put your skills to the test!
Don't be nice,
Take a slice,
Show the Devs, you're the best!

Ensign
May 23, 2012
I need the real date to show up but I always read the letter so I guess I'll come at 6:00 pst what ever the date is.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Are you mad?!??!?!?(sorry,don't have an interrobang)

Do you realize that the tower isn't in the Live Realm yet.

Meaning Ratbeard can tweak it into being waaay harder if you offend him too much.!!!!

Now,has anyone else thought about this:If it is hard to go through the dungeon once how hard would it be to repeat it,in farming?

And clearly we need a system.Okay,two teams,one opens chests,the other does the head patting,tummy rubbing technique.

First,I would ask everyone to read up on the blog post made on Swordroll's blog, called _It's only weird if it doesn't work_

It explains exactly the best way to maximize head patting frequency,with tummy rubbing speed.Now,I suggest Ratbeard and Chrissy open the chests,while Blixet and I do the head patting-tummy rubbing.

No splitting!We both do both the head patting and the tummy rubbing.If one does the head patting,and the other tummy rubbing,it won't maximize our luck,it will crush it.

Second thing to keep in mind is that contrariwise tummy rubbing always works.I've also found that in head patting frequency,despite what Swordroll may say,an interval of 3 seconds 42 milliseconds and 42 nanoseconds is the absolute best(you know,the power of 42!).But really,rounding that to just three seconds,is fine.It was fine enough to get me Friar Sand's medallion,from him.And fine enough,to get me the Night Caller's Tunic from Chok ak Ab.

Then there's the tummy rubbing.I did say it was contrariwise,but the best speed for contrariwise is slow.But again,it has to be in sync with the head patting.A great inbalance in speed is just going to keep the odds in a quantum superposition.

Despite the fact that you want either a one or a zero,in combinations for Moo Manchu's wand,instead you would get Erwin Schrodinger's cat.It makes sense because the ones and zeros are just the transistor either letting the electrons flow or restraining it.But then there's the wave/particle duality to keep in mind...and I'm running out of characters.

So basically,we have to make sure to plan this accordingly.Two people open chests,two people do the head patting tummy rubbing technique,okay?

I realize that for newer marauders this may all seem incredibly confusing,so can I ask someone to dig up that post Ratbeard make?Two Eyed Yak...er...One Eyed Jack?
1 yes i am (mad)
2 like i am going to farm that thing.
3 i know the strategy i use it all the time
4 who doesn't like bacon?
5 i'm going to spend my time killing armada and not those people, im only coming to see what's up with that tower i'm not really anticipating it, im not watching the update notes to see if it has come out, im to busy killing rooke. and who doesn't like a challenge?

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Hakuna Matata
what a wonderful phrase!
Hakuna Matata
ain't no passin' craze!
It means no worries
It's our problem-free
philosophy,
Hakuna Matata!

When he was a young warthog
WHEN I WAS A YOUNG WARTHOOOOOG!
Very nice.
He found his aroma lacked a certain appeal
He could clear the savanna after every meal
I'm a sensitive soul
Though I seem thick-skinned
And it hurt
That my friends never stood
Downwiiind!
And oh the shame
He was ashamed
Thought of changin' my name
Whats in a name?
And I got downhearted
How did ya feel?
Every time that I f- Pumba!
Not in front of the kids!
Oh. Sorry.
Hakuna Matata!

Did I really just write that straight out of my head? I watched that movie more than I thought. No worries when we face that tower...
Clever Sam Jones

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Wow,could you please send me the link to their message boards via central?

Anyways,I always thought Stormzilla was female?(so so so so sorry,the laying eggs thing totally threw me off).

Anyways,I honestly wonder what the developer,in charge of writing the storyline (Allseeing Moooooooo,I believe) has to say to this!

And I keep forgetting the guy who talks about General Tso's chicken.The developer,what's his name?

Anyways,we'll go through this tower,there will be no problem.But repeating it....
Aye Felix, it takes a very special journey to reach those message boards. One that I don't recommend taking for risk of your own sanity! Actually that came from an idea that I had thought about submitting to FanFiction called, "Minion Message Board". I was going to set it up like our boards here and all of the villains of the Spiral would share there thoughts, feedback, bug reports, gaming ideas and such. I hope to submit it sometime in the near future.

Oh, and yes Stormzilla may in fact lay eggs, but you have to remember that this game does not follow the laws of logic since our dear Mr. Mew and Crew seems to enjoy not playing by the so called rules. Just as a horses don't walk upright, Chinese Food isn't made of gold, pirate ships don't sail on air, a Sloth can't wield a huge Battle axe, a rat doesn't curl it's beard every morning and so on....and so on.

So in Mew's world, I believe that Stormzilla could be anything that his or our imaginations can craft. Plus, you know that Zilla species, it's pretty peculiar to begin with. And it's also the Two-thousand, teens- so clearly anything is possible. Oh, and here's an interesting tidbit. I myself, being a male and all, have laid plenty of eggs.........when trying to come up with something clever or funny that is!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
*Still laughing & wiping eyes.* Valkoor you have once again given me a glimpse of your world that has forever tainted how I see Mooshu and the world of gaming from the other side of the looking glass. That was beyond brilliant and your accents were hysterical.
Please NEVER stifle these goofy urges and by all means keep writing them down here for all of us to enjoy forever.
Thank you very much Chrissy, like I said before, "I just can't quit.....good ol' Schap Schtick". I think that is the reason I love this game so much (well one of the 14,728 reasons why- and still growing). So much of the funny dialogue and hilarious puns are right up my alley and fit in perfectly with my oddball sense of humor.

Don't worry, good or bad, I will never STIFLE- lots of Sniffle, but no Stifle.