Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious Tower - Party anyone?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i'd love to join this raiding party except i'd like to try to solo it my first time after I get brutally beaten by the unspeakable horrors in the tower i'll try with some E.P.I.C. members

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
now that I think about it, if I fort spam with all 7 forts privateers have access to I think I could solo it with minimal doubloon use

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
now that I think about it, if I fort spam with all 7 forts privateers have access to I think I could solo it with minimal doubloon use
It's your funeral, oops, I mean, party!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
i'd love to join this raiding party except i'd like to try to solo it my first time after I get brutally beaten by the unspeakable horrors in the tower i'll try with some E.P.I.C. members
I think Ratbeard is just gonna stand back and giggle maniacally and watch you try.

If even HE can't solo it how do you possibly think you can

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
hmmmm . . . an interesting theory, but we will just have to wait and see. i would like to try that with my own privvy at some point.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Hmm.. Ratbeard hasn't made a post in a while, which means he is busy, right? Busy is always good for us players..

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
I think Ratbeard is just gonna stand back and giggle maniacally and watch you try.

If even HE can't solo it how do you possibly think you can
Chrissy don't discourage him.I'm gonna try to solo it....once tge level cap gets raised to Level 90-ish.And I have good enough gear,and such.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oooh, I too am hitting that tower solo at some point.....that is, so low I am eating dirt!

Ratbeard, never tell a stubbornly, proud pirate they can not accomplish something. I shall prevail or go down in the most splendid blaze of glory ever witnessed!

Developer
I would not want to discourage anybody from trying to solo it-- more power to you!

But I will say again: It is designed for group play. Not only is it more difficult than any other challenge presented so far, that also means there are rewards (Group Plunder Chests) that you'll have to pass up along the way.

But definitely try it!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
I would not want to discourage anybody from trying to solo it-- more power to you!

But I will say again: It is designed for group play. Not only is it more difficult than any other challenge presented so far, that also means there are rewards (Group Plunder Chests) that you'll have to pass up along the way.

But definitely try it!
Well Ratbeard, I surely want to do the designers at KI proper justice and first try the dungeon the way it was meant to be played. I may be a stubbornly, proud pirate-- but I also wasn't dropped on my head more than three times either. If there be better pirate booty to be had through group play, then you best believe that I won't be passing up the chance to grab it! Momma didn't raise no fool...nope, for that it took years of self-training! Group plunder here I come!

But absolutely, I will be trying it solo as well-- hopefully until I succeed!

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Ratbeard on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:

But definitely try it!
jeez, every time i see you post on this thread i get super excited. i know the answer to this is probably a very familiar sounding " I dont talk dates " from another infamous KI marauder, but i feel it is worth asking: any possible time frame to be given for the release of the tower? i know we just had that massive update, so it probably wont be coming for a while, but still . . .

Matthew Walker-65-,,.

Developer
Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Ratbeard on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Well, I'm here.

Where is everybody?

watching and waiting with bated breath and hysteric happiness.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Well, I'm here.

Where is everybody?

Sorry, my Rat-ey friend, but I had school- and I had to study. How about we plan the party for this weekend- Saturday the 16th, a week from the new season of Doctor- Sorry, Professor Who? First Test Realm realm, whatever that may be, 4-5 p.m. eastern time?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aww, I can't get the test realm to download! I guess I'll have to use the 'dinosaur' ( now all I have to do is remember how to hook it up! )

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Well, I'm here.

Where is everybody?

Arrrr, Ratbeard, I had to work! But I am so excited to come home and find out about this!

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Well, it seems that the tower is finally ready to be tested in the Test Realm; I've just tried it out myself. I'm not going to reveal anything about what you'll face in there, I'm just going to give all of you some advice:
DO NOT GO IN THERE ALONE
If you think the Armada is terrible, after this you'll find yourself wanting to surrender to them for a little Rest and Relaxation. Listen to Ratbeard, the tower is meant to be entered in groups, and full groups with all max level pirates at that. Again, I'm not trying to reveal exactly what is in there, but never let it be said that I didn't give a fair "Watch Out".

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Yes! Finally we can play the is tower in the next update! Speaking of the update... will there be a new book?

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Hey I asked this before, but I don't think anyone saw it. Is this party going to be in the Test Realm or the Live Realm?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Dang it! It's not downloading! *yells* Stop it, gnomes!

Well, it seems like the gnomes won't stop. Does anyone want to go when live realm opens?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Ratbeard!!!Didn't i specifically tell you not to release this while I was away!?

Oh ,I told you mot to release it,it's in the test realm.Nice loophole.

Anyways,do you guys mind moving this to when it goes live?

Also,can you guys please change the time to maybe 4:00PM,that's probably the latest I can get on...

Man,I hate being so needy,''don't skip tge dialogue'',''wait for me before entering the tower'',''rub contrariwise,not clockwise'',''pat the back of the head''

Anyways,can we PLEASE move it?!?

I'll be back home sometime next week,around thursday.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Dang it! It's not downloading! *yells* Stop it, gnomes!

Well, it seems like the gnomes won't stop. Does anyone want to go when live realm opens?
You and I, lets make a date to tackle it! I have all classes maxed out, let me know what class you want me to use. We'll bring a couple of friends and then - VICTORY OR DEATH ( or as Dead Mike might say; "Victory AND death!" ).

Developer
darkdoombro345 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, my Rat-ey friend, but I had school- and I had to study. How about we plan the party for this weekend- Saturday the 16th, a week from the new season of Doctor- Sorry, Professor Who? First Test Realm realm, whatever that may be, 4-5 p.m. eastern time?
Weekends are reserved for my little Ratling-- sorry!

And don't forget, I get to sit at my desk and play all day! At work!

Yarr!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well, I'm here.

Where is everybody?

SO how were we supposed to find you? What realm? I was there and had a BLAST. OK we need a bit more info from you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think the party should wait for live realm release although I am dying to meet up with Ratbeard and Test Realm is just fine with me.

Some of the players can't do test realm so we should wait for live realm release.