Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious Tower - Party anyone?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Romantic Angel on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
When will we find out when it opens up? I been searching all over the place and everyone wants to know.
I think it will be announced in the update notes on the launcher or in the monthly newsletter.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Savannah on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Do you even need to ask that question? Yes, yes yes! Sounds like a fantastic time for all of us to blow off some of our Morphing steam. Can't wait.

This tower has been staring at us for a while now, taunting, while the guards keep their stoic expression.

When I see the moving truck out behind the tower, my swashy will hide and unlock the door for you all shhhhhhh Let's just keep that between you and I.

One Eyed Jack, Rat Beard, nothing here to read......keep moving.
Brilliant. *Gives boxed lunch to help you with the stake out wait.*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Romantic Angel on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
When will we find out when it opens up? I been searching all over the place and everyone wants to know.
Welcome to the message boards Romantic Angel. The guys at KingsIsle are notoriously nefarious when it comes to their skills at keeping secrets. The just don't talk schedule for many reasons. They will tease us for a bit and then they will let us know in grand style, then...........Let the party begin

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HMmmm, Now I see a slight problem. Who wants Ratbeard in their group?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Hmmm....I can take Ratbeard,as long as he isn't a dialogue skipper,and he doesn't mind me being menu chat and maybe slightly underleveled...it's okay, as long as he isn't a dialogue skipper!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
*Waves hand wildly* I WOULD Who better than the tower's creator to help with strategies in defeating it. Remember that he has had the privilege of LOTS of practice. *Pins on a "I would LOVE to play with Ratbeard" badge*

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
it would be an honor and a joy to fight with ratbeard! that is, until we get the treatment of his crew of old. (knock on wood)

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Chrissy,Blixet.Are you sure?

I can just picture Ratbeard saying through the entire dungeon:''You'll never make it out alive!'',''You'll never make it out alive!'',''You'll never make it out alive!''...''That kind of thing can really mess you up.,I'm menu chat,and odds are I won't have issues with it.Who knows?I may even join in the ''you'll never make it out alive'' parade.

Anyways,we've got ourselves a team.
Chrissy the Blesser,The Hoodoo Master,Blixet and Ratbeard.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Ratbeard will just come in front of the tower with a Kingsisle Support badge and tell us that we're not gonna be able to do this,and then leave?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We get to fight MOO MANCHU again Woot

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I've got my snarky come-back ready for Moo Manchu!

Moo Manchu: No one who insults Moo Manchu goes unpunished, I have brought you here, Pirate, to suffer! Let the suffering begin!

Me: What? Listening to you rant isn't punishment enough?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I don't care who's on my team as long as I get to fight

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Despite having few posts to my name, I will join this farm party if at all possible. See you all in the Spiral!

Clever Sam Jones

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Clever Sam Jones on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Despite having few posts to my name, I will join this farm party if at all possible. See you all in the Spiral!

Clever Sam Jones
You'll be very welcome, Sam! Looking forward to meeting you!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
I've got my snarky come-back ready for Moo Manchu!

Moo Manchu: No one who insults Moo Manchu goes unpunished, I have brought you here, Pirate, to suffer! Let the suffering begin!

Me: What? Listening to you rant isn't punishment enough?
ROFLMTO That fair Lady is priceless.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Chrissy,Blixet.Are you sure?

I can just picture Ratbeard saying through the entire dungeon:''You'll never make it out alive!'',''You'll never make it out alive!'',''You'll never make it out alive!''...''That kind of thing can really mess you up.,I'm menu chat,and odds are I won't have issues with it.Who knows?I may even join in the ''you'll never make it out alive'' parade.

Anyways,we've got ourselves a team.
Chrissy the Blesser,The Hoodoo Master,Blixet and Ratbeard.

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Ratbeard will just come in front of the tower with a Kingsisle Support badge and tell us that we're not gonna be able to do this,and then leave?
Let's hope Ratbeard doesn't leave us!

Honestly, I just defeated Moo Manchu a couple of days ago. Now it looks like I'm gonna have to do it again. *sigh* Let's hope he doesn't have any invincible clay warriors with him this time.

Is everyone else as excited for this as I am?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Let's hope Ratbeard doesn't leave us!

Honestly, I just defeated Moo Manchu a couple of days ago. Now it looks like I'm gonna have to do it again. *sigh* Let's hope he doesn't have any invincible clay warriors with him this time.

Is everyone else as excited for this as I am?
He surrounds himself with difficult minions, fighting him alone was fairly easy. Dare I hope that Ratbeard has 'beefed up' this Boss? ( actually one of my favorite in MooShu and yes, the pun was intended...)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
He surrounds himself with difficult minions, fighting him alone was fairly easy. Dare I hope that Ratbeard has 'beefed up' this Boss? ( actually one of my favorite in MooShu and yes, the pun was intended...)
Oh dear, that was nearly as bad as Valkoor's whale puns...Well, we better 'Be(ef) Prepared' as Ol' Uncle Scar would say.

It's clear from your vacant expressions
that the lights are not all on upstairs
but we're talking kings and successions
even you can't be caught unaware!

So prepare for the chance of a lifetime
prepare for sensational news
a shining new era
is tiptoeing nearer
'And where do we feature?'
'Just listen to teacher!'

I know it sounds sordid
but you'll be rewarded
when at last I am given my dues
and in justice deliciously spared
BE PREPARED!

Oh, I actually did do that, didn't I? Oh well, the Lion King is one of my favorite Disney movies! Hey, some of that can actually fit: "...Prepare for the chance of a lifetime..." Could there be rare, never-before-seen loot inside? "...You'll be rewarded..." Lots of gold, possibly? We need something to fund our hybrid morphing attempts!

Well, I've rambled on for long enough. See you all in the Spiral!

-Misty Jackson

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Oh dear, that was nearly as bad as Valkoor's whale puns...Well, we better 'Be(ef) Prepared' as Ol' Uncle Scar would say.

a shining new era
is tiptoeing nearer

I know it sounds sordid
but you'll be rewarded
BE PREPARED!

Oh, I actually did do that, didn't I? Oh well, the Lion King is one of my favorite Disney movies! Hey, some of that can actually fit: "...Prepare for the chance of a lifetime..." Could there be rare, never-before-seen loot inside? "...You'll be rewarded..." Lots of gold, possibly? We need something to fund our hybrid morphing attempts!

-Misty Jackson
LOL Dang, there I go singing instead of reading again. Shoot I even heard his Voice in my head. My imagination is really getting out of hand here. But then again, I DO keep it well oiled with these wonderful KingsIsle games.

Developer
The Hoodoo Master on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Hmmm....I can take Ratbeard,as long as he isn't a dialogue skipper,and he doesn't mind me being menu chat and maybe slightly underleveled...it's okay, as long as he isn't a dialogue skipper!
I can take Ratbeard,as long as he isn't a dialogue skipper.

I can't be the skipper?

I'm to be naught but a lowly pilot, then? Pshaw!

Let's hope Moo Manchu doesn't have any invincible clay warriors with him this time.

Dare I hope that Ratbeard has 'beefed up' this Boss?

I love how you say that like there's only one Boss.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

a shining new era
is tiptoeing nearer

I know it sounds sordid
but you'll be rewarded
BE PREPARED!

-Misty Jackson
I hope I get a pet, and maybe I can solo it to...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MORE than one boss Kirigi and General Tso as well ? Hunan? HAMAKALLA Well, Ratbeard I hope I'm prepared for this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:

I can't be the skipper?

Let's hope Moo Manchu doesn't have any invincible clay warriors with him this time.

LOL (Seriously Laughing) Ratbeard you are having WAY too much fun with this. I suspect that I am gonna need a permanently wet hat to keep my hair from being set ablaze.

Commodore
May 31, 2009

I can't be the skipper?

I think we should be worried right about now...Ratbeard gave us not one but two evil grins! And judging by his answer, I assume that there will be both clay warriors and multiple bosses in the Nefarious Tower. Yay! Not...

Anyway, while this will be exciting and all, I think we will end up running out screaming like Chrissy said earlier in this thread. And Ratbeard will just stand there laughing at us.

I can't wait for the Nefarious Tower! Bring it on, Moo Manchu! But, uh, not to me. Lemme hide behind some maxed Pirates, 'cause I'm only a level 53! (But I should be leveling up soon. I plan to be at least a level 58 by the end of July.)

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013

I can't be the skipper?

Ratbeard, your scaring me This dungeon sounds harder then Aquila all in itself Gulp... For a guy with 3 maxed pirates, this sure chills me to the bone, down and up... But I shall still conquer this tower . Oh, and Ratbeard, I think you should add Towers like these or at least structures/buildings to the other worlds! Like have a nefarious Mansion or something in Marleybone, or a nefarious... Palace? In Aquila! I would LOVE a challenge! Everything's funner when your in a challenging fight!

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013

a shining new era
is tiptoeing nearer

I know it sounds sordid
but you'll be rewarded
BE PREPARED!

-Misty Jackson
So prepare for the coup of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning, tenacity spanning
Decades of denial, is simply why I'll
Be king undisputed, respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared, be prepared!
Yes our teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!
Yeah, I grew up with The Lion King. You should all just be glad I didn't start Hakuna Matata.
Clever Sam Jones