Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nefarious Tower - Party anyone?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ratbeard on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
Hmm... On second thought, Bacon Ignited Lotion works better... Much better.

(That will probably make more sense when you get to the fourth floor.)

You can forget about Bad Nicotine Looting; this is a family game.

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

No. Let's not go there, either.

Boat Cloning Edition?

Nope, sorry-- we're saving that for an upcoming patch.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Sorry, I'm laughing too hard right now to type normally. *falls out of chair*

So, Bacon Ignited Lotion? So, on the fourth floor, there will Inoshishi Bandits on fire?? Or...HAMAKALA!!!??? Because the statues of him have the glowing green stuff.

No comment on the second one...

Not going to say anything about Acid Bonnie Tootling...*Bonnie Anne glares at Ratbeard* To borrow a quote from 'Bob the Musketeer Saves the Cake, Part 4: WHACK! “Ow, ow, ow, ow, stop that…”

And, ah, Boat Cloning Edition? *thinks for a moment* Well, the only cloning I've ever seen is in Fort Basset, where in the first fight I had two identical Mr. Crisps. And the other two Redcoats had the same name as well! So I had two Mr. Crisps and two Mr. Somethings! I can't remember what the other guys' names were. But they were the same!

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

Boat Cloning Edition?

Umm... What does that mean..?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

Boat Cloning Edition?

I don't care what anybody else says about you Ratbeard.....you're alright in my book!

One question though, did you actually get paid to sit and come up with those? If not you should have, man oh man- oh so funny. Oh and one more question.

Was the Bad Nicotine Looting originally part of the Group Plunder Chests update? Good idea nixing that one! Just one more question for you.

Is the fourth floor the Day Spa- The Hoof-n-Hide? Sounds like a nice place for a Ninja Pig to get a mud mask and for a Samoorai to tan it's hide- yeeoochhhh! And I might as well ask you one more while I've got you here.

Toby Heath???

Commodore
May 31, 2009
MistyDragon13 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Nice Scratch quote...

You forgot Lo Pan. I liked fighting him. Did Lo Pan 'die'? I think not. He just kind of...deflated. Like the Witch King from Return of the King. Except, he's not dead. Because people only get defeated in P101, except for Wan Mo, and a few other guys who are mostly from MooShu. Or you know, people who are already dead, like all of the ghosts, and the undead.

Anyway, the big bosses from MooShu that may or may not be in the tower:

General Tso
Moo Manchu
Sato
Dr. Noh
Lo Pan
Hamakala (!!)
Humiliated Ninja Pig 1,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 2,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 3,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 4,
Humiliated Ninja Pig 5,
etc.
Stormzilla (I still don't think it would fit. Maybe a hatchling Stormzilla.)

and others I may have forgotten. Oh, wait! I did forget one:

GRUMPY CAT!!
Being serious (for the first time on this topic LOL) I realized just now that I did in fact forget a boss. The Ebon Guardian! Oh, wonderful. If it's in there then you can bet that Ratbeard made it summon clones of itself, which summon more clones, which summon Bishop, who summons fourteen 'Armada Devices' that all do super hits every time they attack. But then it turns out that Bishop isn't really there, and your pirate wakes up and realizes that the entire tower was a dream. Then the Ebon Guardian Clones start chasing you, proving that maybe it wasn't a dream, and One-Eyed Jack shows up in Stupendor-X to rescue you. He turns out to be on the dark side, and shoves you back into the tower on the sixth floor. (The Ebon Guardian was on the fifth floor in this scenario.)

Okay.......... Wow. How did I make that up??

Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Is this party happening in the Live Realm or the Test Realm?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I think you're looking into this too much.We know the Moo Manchu side quest is a prerequisite for this dungeon,so I will assume that it's the only sidequest needed...for now.I could always be wrong.I guess we won't know for a time,until we get the news from El Bandito Incognito.Seriously,though,I was looking for Incognito when making Noble Felix Yellowfish.Uh...I'm so bad at picking names.Though Felix's has some very nice symbolism behind it...I don't have time to talk about that.Anyways,Ratbeard,still in my team?
Considering that Lord Chagatai is the one who started us on the Moo Manchu quest string with " The Moo Manchurian Candidate ", what if Manchu in revenge kidnaps Hannah and the children? Lord Chagatai calls on us to rescue them. We do need some reason to go to that Tower beyond " Because it's there". Of course I could be completely wrong!

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Well, with the exception of Armada clockworks, no is 'killed' in this game, only defeated. How about Moo helps Dr. Noh escape from the Yakooza? And join forces with General Tso? And don't forget all the ninja pigs we've humiliated. And what about their God/Demon, Hamakala? Something very, very bad is happening at the top of that Tower. "By de prickin' of me thumbs, something wicked dis way comes, Captain my Captain, believe it!" - Old Scratch.
What about Captain Blood? We killed him. Oh, and Mormo's second promotion, we had to saw off that evil goat's horns, and Moo Manchu said he drove us to destroy him. I'm saying that there are definitively times it's implied we killed someone.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Oh, Ratbeard, I have a question not relating to your pirate's name!!

Do you have to be finished with Aquila to go in the Nefarious Tower?? Because I haven't really started Aquila yet! I'm waiting for the level cap to increase so I don't waste any experience that I earn from Aquila.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
wraithcaster on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
What about Captain Blood? We killed him. Oh, and Mormo's second promotion, we had to saw off that evil goat's horns, and Moo Manchu said he drove us to destroy him. I'm saying that there are definitively times it's implied we killed someone.
Captain Blood seemed Undead, Death just couldn't claim his soul. But One Eyed Jack has posted time and again, that no one is 'killed' in this game, just defeated.

Developer
MistyDragon13 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Oh, Ratbeard, I have a question not relating to your pirate's name!!

Do you have to be finished with Aquila to go in the Nefarious Tower?? Because I haven't really started Aquila yet! I'm waiting for the level cap to increase so I don't waste any experience that I earn from Aquila.
Do you have to be finished with Aquila to go in the Nefarious Tower??

If I recall correctly, the only entry requirements are Mooshu-related (for obvious reasons); nevertheless I think you'll want to be at least 60th level before you attempt it (for equally obvious reasons).

I'm waiting for the level cap to increase so I don't waste any experience that I earn from Aquila.

There's always more than enough XP to get you through the game. Just play!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
wraithcaster on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
We de-horned him,draining him of his magical abilities.Thus,we took him out,he can no longer compete with Moo because he doesn't have his magic anymore.

Also,we do indeed kill some non-sapient opponents.Queen Hornet,Bumbaloons,Batacudas,Flying Fish,Storm Sharks etc.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Ratbeard on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:

If I recall correctly, the only entry requirements are Mooshu-related (for obvious reasons); nevertheless I think you'll want to be at least 60th level before you attempt it (for equally obvious reasons).

I'm waiting for the level cap to increase so I don't waste any experience that I earn from Aquila.

Thanks Ratbeard!

But still, since my membership expires in one week and six days, I think I'll wait. My Witchdoctor has been glaring at me for the past month, so I'll quest with her for a while. She hasn't even been to Puerto Mico yet!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
what if moo Manchu gained some new powers, like he summons minions every round till you defeat him, or maybe he uses a wizard spell! think of all the possibilities...

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012

true, but if you do stop playing once you reach the cap, you can get higher level companions later on!
oh, and by the way, senor incognito, is this tower

A) possible to solo

and

B) able to drop some quality loot? by which i mean either level 65 gear / card gear?

i am happy with anything it would just be nice to know.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

Boat Cloning Edition?

Haven't been paying much attention so... what?! This is so strange I can't even begin to describe the oddness of this. But boat cloning addition... I feel like this means we can't clone our boats. Aw rats. Or should I say, Aw Ratbeards.

Developer
Blixet on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
true, but if you do stop playing once you reach the cap, you can get higher level companions later on!
oh, and by the way, senor incognito, is this tower

A) possible to solo

and

B) able to drop some quality loot? by which i mean either level 65 gear / card gear?

i am happy with anything it would just be nice to know.
1) Gauntlets are optional content, and they are designed for Group play. That means that we designers have free rein to make them quite difficult, indeed.

I have been doing (mostly) solo play during testing, and I've never completed it. You can complete *parts* of it, maybe even *most* of it, and there's good loot to be had along the way, but I think actually beating the entire thing solo is out of the question (at least until the level cap goes up...)

You might be able to beat it solo by throwing around lots of doubloons and maybe hiring some henchmen along the way, but that is not the intent, and I am not encouraging that-- just trying to answer the question honestly.

Maybe I'll try that today and report back.

2) Sure, there's some new and interesting loot on the mobs, and on the sub-bosses, plus lots of multiplayer chests, and there's some custom boss loot that, quite frankly, is absolutely amazing. (Not power-wise, necessarily-- although it is that-- but just in terms of cool factor.)

Now I'll hit SUBMIT and see how much of my spoilers Jack lets through.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
1) Gauntlets are optional content, and they are designed for Group play. That means that we designers have free rein to make them quite difficult, indeed.

I have been doing (mostly) solo play during testing, and I've never completed it. You can complete *parts* of it, maybe even *most* of it, and there's good loot to be had along the way, but I think actually beating the entire thing solo is out of the question (at least until the level cap goes up...)

You might be able to beat it solo by throwing around lots of doubloons and maybe hiring some henchmen along the way, but that is not the intent, and I am not encouraging that-- just trying to answer the question honestly.

2) Sure, there's some new and interesting loot on the mobs, and on the sub-bosses, plus lots of multiplayer chests, and there's some custom boss loot that, quite frankly, is absolutely amazing. (Not power-wise, necessarily-- although it is that-- but just in terms of cool factor.)

Thank you Ratbeard (and Jack) for all the wonderful teasers. I thought I was excited before. How is it possible to be scared and looking forward to it at the same time. Hmm kind of like an amazing rollercoaster that gives free prizes at the end, if you are still in your seat by that time.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012

thanks so much! i have to say, it is thrilling to see an admin respond to your question, and i love how you guys keep up with all our questions. as to soloing it . . . if you cant do it, at least at the current max level, i am sure that nobody can. thanks for keeping with the forums!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Ratbeard (and Jack) for all the wonderful teasers. I thought I was excited before. How is it possible to be scared and looking forward to it at the same time. Hmm kind of like an amazing rollercoaster that gives free prizes at the end, if you are still in your seat by that time.
Gee, friendly rollercoaster you speak of...I don't want to ride, I'm afraid of heights! *runs away screaming*

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011

Say, is this going to be the Pirate's waterworks? Will we be getting some ultra powerful gear for each different class? Perhaps even some new weapons for our pirates...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012

Acid Bonnie Tootling?

Boat Cloning Edition?

This is just too funny, Ratbeard! I don't think I am going to forget Bacon Ignited Lotion any time soon (hmm, sounds like Inoshishi Bandits with fire!) Well, I must join in the silliness, so rearranging the letters I get a couple instructive messages:
Linni, Good Bet in Coat

Tie Boat, Cloon; Dining

a couple of warnings:

Looting Can Bite Dion

whoever Dion is. And:

Nile Toad in Cot. Boing!

But no, these wouldn't be phrases we are looking for, surely. So how about a name: Good Colin Nabinitet!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
This is just too funny, Ratbeard! I don't think I am going to forget Bacon Ignited Lotion any time soon (hmm, sounds like Inoshishi Bandits with fire!) Well, I must join in the silliness, so rearranging the letters I get a couple instructive messages:
Linni, Good Bet in Coat

Tie Boat, Cloon; Dining

a couple of warnings:

Looting Can Bite Dion

whoever Dion is. And:

Nile Toad in Cot. Boing!

But no, these wouldn't be phrases we are looking for, surely. So how about a name: Good Colin Nabinitet!
"Looting Can Bite Dion

whoever Dion is."

Perhaps he's from Aquila? There are many Aquilan names beginning with 'Dio'!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Linni, Good Bet in Coat

Tie Boat, Cloon; Dining

a couple of warnings:

Looting Can Bite Dion

whoever Dion is. And:

Nile Toad in Cot. Boing!

Hey! Nabinitet sound Krokotopian! Any chance that you're a Witchdoctor, Ratbeard?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
could someone tell me whats so good about this tower, i think rooke drained me of all my fun and reasoning.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Thanks for the heads-up on the level requirement on that tower. At least know we know what level we have to be to face Moo Manchu again. I've no doubt he's been planning his revenge after we foiled him... very much.

Quick question, Ratbeard, are you sending out... ciphers for this matter? I like those kind of ciphers! Brings out much mystery and suspense. Wonder if we get more after that tower opens?