Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wizard101 Worlds or Pirate101 Worlds

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 03, 2011
Hey! I'm new to the Forums, and just wondering what game has better worlds- Wizard101 or Pirate101. I love both, but here's my run down.

Pirate101- At first, I didn't really like Skull Island and the playing options. It kinda confused me. But then I got used to it and ventured on, and started to really enjoy it. Once I got to Monquista, I was sorta dissapointed with how small it was. I really loved Valencia though, but it was short once again (I hope they expand it ). Cool Ranch started boring me once I reached the Big Sky Skyway part, but I Mooshu was literally amazing. Marleybone is my favorite though, with it's amazing British design. I haven't been to Aquila just yet, but I really hope it's just as good.

Wizard 101- It seems like everybody hated Wizard City, but I thought it was great. I really enjoyed that. I was looking forward to Krokotopia, but it was kind of a let-down. I guess my expectations were too high. Marleybone was a decent one, but it went by SOOO slowly. Mooshu, in my eyes, had a great design, but I thought it was really difficult. Dragonsphyre was the perfect evil world, and I was really impressed. So far, I've enjoyed Celestia, even though I'm not quite done. Grizzleheim and Wintertusk were really fun to play in. But out of all of them, my favorite was Wysteria. I think this one was the most creative and energized world. It was either the mock-up of Ravenwood or the Tower of the Helephant, but it was great! I haven't played too much on Zafaria, but I saw parts of it, and it looked exciting!
Overall- I liked Pirate101's graphics and characters more, but the Wizard101 worlds had a more exciting feeling. I think it's a tie

What were your guys's favorite worlds, and why?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Valencian Wanderer on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Hey! I'm new to the Forums, and just wondering what game has better worlds- Wizard101 or Pirate101. I love both, but here's my run down.

Pirate101- At first, I didn't really like Skull Island and the playing options. It kinda confused me. But then I got used to it and ventured on, and started to really enjoy it. Once I got to Monquista, I was sorta dissapointed with how small it was. I really loved Valencia though, but it was short once again (I hope they expand it ). Cool Ranch started boring me once I reached the Big Sky Skyway part, but I Mooshu was literally amazing. Marleybone is my favorite though, with it's amazing British design. I haven't been to Aquila just yet, but I really hope it's just as good.

Wizard 101- It seems like everybody hated Wizard City, but I thought it was great. I really enjoyed that. I was looking forward to Krokotopia, but it was kind of a let-down. I guess my expectations were too high. Marleybone was a decent one, but it went by SOOO slowly. Mooshu, in my eyes, had a great design, but I thought it was really difficult. Dragonsphyre was the perfect evil world, and I was really impressed. So far, I've enjoyed Celestia, even though I'm not quite done. Grizzleheim and Wintertusk were really fun to play in. But out of all of them, my favorite was Wysteria. I think this one was the most creative and energized world. It was either the mock-up of Ravenwood or the Tower of the Helephant, but it was great! I haven't played too much on Zafaria, but I saw parts of it, and it looked exciting!
Overall- I liked Pirate101's graphics and characters more, but the Wizard101 worlds had a more exciting feeling. I think it's a tie

What were your guys's favorite worlds, and why?
The graphics and character artwork/ animation in P101 exceed W101 immensely ( in my opinion ). Marleybone has been my favorite world, so far. I'm looking forward to returning to Valencia. I enjoyed Dragonspyre, I didn't think of it as 'evil' but as a world where a horrible tragedy took place.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Okay, so, I'm going to say, on average, I like Pirate101's worlds better.

Here's why:
I like it them partially because they are so short. I felt like in Wizard101, the world's length didn't vary very much. Each world had about 9-12 areas, (an area being like Unicorn Way in WC), and took about 10 levels to do. In Pirate101, the worlds are much more varied, Valencia taking about an hour to do, and Cool Ranch, taking about a month. The story seems much more tied to the length of the worlds while in Wizard101, the story is more based off of the world itself. Also, (something that is kind of unrelated) I like how the Pirate101 story is written to make the Spiral seem much bigger. Part of that is having shorter worlds, and part of that is off-hand refrences to worlds that we don't go to.

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Wizard101:
Favorite: Avalon. Strong storyline, tough opponents, some nice loot. Very nicely designed areas
Least Favorite: Not sure I have one. The early Grizzleheim stuff is set with the experience too low compared to other areas you can challenge at the same time (Marleybone, Wysteria), but I like how it looks and plays. Celestia always seems to drag a bit, but I quite like it as well.

Pirate101:
Favorite: Marleybone, with Port Regal as a close second. The 18th century feel is very Pirate-y and the swag is nice! In Marleybone, I love that we are seeing more of the consequences of our earlier choices. The two promotion quests for Bonnie Ann and Ratbeard are excellent, and the scenes with "Prison Catbeard" are hilarious.
Least Favorite: Cool Ranch, by far. Part of that is aesthetics - the cowboys and Indians theme just grates for me in a pirate game. And it goes on forever, with far too much back-and-forthing (although the new teleporter marker is helping there). I always heave a quiet sigh of relief when one of my pirates finishes with Cool Ranch.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
wow hard choice, though I kinda like w101 better I think that p101 has a better story line and overall better worlds. Like marleybone, it was the worst world for w101 but by far my favorite in p101. P101 has better graphics and more overall action.