Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wasted Power

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I was on my Buccaneer, whom was level 8 during the battle I experienced this bug. As I, doing the instance Pyramid Schemes solo, was nearing the end of battle, I had my pirate use his critical strike power on one of the Snakes. When he went to the snake, the snake's first strike triggered and landed a hit on me. In return, my vengeance strike was a Super Hit and took him out. My pirate did not use his power though. Upon the next turn, I found that power was gone, as if it was already used even though I never actually used it.

Developer
Gruesome Richard on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
I was on my Buccaneer, whom was level 8 during the battle I experienced this bug. As I, doing the instance Pyramid Schemes solo, was nearing the end of battle, I had my pirate use his critical strike power on one of the Snakes. When he went to the snake, the snake's first strike triggered and landed a hit on me. In return, my vengeance strike was a Super Hit and took him out. My pirate did not use his power though. Upon the next turn, I found that power was gone, as if it was already used even though I never actually used it.
You used it.

Your power is what triggered his First Strike in the first place.

Ensign
May 15, 2014
If you ask me, I honestly think you DID use your power, you just didn't realise it.

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

Once upon a time, there were many misunderstandings.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
You used it.

Your power is what triggered his First Strike in the first place.
So that counts as a usage?

Kinda confusing, but I guess I'll go with it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Flamin Wolf Nighti... on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
If you ask me, I honestly think you DID use your power, you just didn't realise it.

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

Welcome to the message boards Flamin. Good understanding of the game. You called it right.

Ensign
May 15, 2014
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Flamin Wolf Nighti... on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

I clicked on it, then I targeted the snake. So I was meaning to use it. However, the power card makes my pirate trigger an automatic Epic Hit. My pirate defeated the snake with a Vengeance Super Hit after the snake hit me with his First Strike. But I guess as long as a power triggers an epic, it counts as a usage?

Ensign
May 15, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Flamin. Good understanding of the game. You called it right.
Thanks!

Ensign
May 15, 2014
Gruesome Richard on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
I clicked on it, then I targeted the snake. So I was meaning to use it. However, the power card makes my pirate trigger an automatic Epic Hit. My pirate defeated the snake with a Vengeance Super Hit after the snake hit me with his First Strike. But I guess as long as a power triggers an epic, it counts as a usage?
What if the power was an epic hit card? Ya know, the one which gives you an automatic epic hit? You even say it yourself: "the power card makes my pirate trigger an automatic Epic Hit.".

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

I would say "you lose", but I'm not that rude ... oh no, not another rhyme!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Flamin Wolf Nighti... on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
What if the power was an epic hit card? Ya know, the one which gives you an automatic epic hit? You even say it yourself: "the power card makes my pirate trigger an automatic Epic Hit.".

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

I would say "you lose", but I'm not that rude ... oh no, not another rhyme!
I did say the power was an Epic Hit card... That means when my pirate uses it, when he officially attacks AKA when the word Attack pops out of his head, an epic hit will trigger. This does not make his Vengeance Strike an Epic hit.

Ensign
May 15, 2014
Gruesome Richard on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I did say the power was an Epic Hit card... That means when my pirate uses it, when he officially attacks AKA when the word Attack pops out of his head, an epic hit will trigger. This does not make his Vengeance Strike an Epic hit.
I guess the game had a glitch and the vengeance strike was the epic hit and the attack was probably blocked/dodged/not an epic hit.

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

Where's the video proof?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Flamin Wolf Nighti... on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
I guess the game had a glitch and the vengeance strike was the epic hit and the attack was probably blocked/dodged/not an epic hit.

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

Where's the video proof?
Okay, clearly I need to explain this in detail.
Here is what happened in battle, in every little accurate detail I can use:

I am in the Chamber of Fire dungeon. I complete the first couple of battles. Then I encounter the Snakes. All the snakes have an epic talent called First Strike which will strike before your opponent, unless they use a sneak attack, in which case they would need First Strike 3 to trigger before a sneak attack. First strike will trigger before critical power cards too, like the Epic Hit Power Card I had. This power makes me trigger my epic hit when the word Attack pops out of my pirate. Using this power has no effect on vengeance strike and whether it criticals or not whatsoever.

So here is what I did. I used a strength buff followed by my Peter Quint's strength buff. The snakes approached me and got in range of my movement. I clicked the Epic Hit Critical Strike Power card and then targeted the snake that was near me. I sent my units to go to the other side to fight the other snakes.

My pirate approached the snake, and upon approaching, the power triggered the snakes First Strike. The snake attacked and landed his First Strike on me. Upon doing so, the words, Vengeance Strike, popped out of my pirate's head, indicating that my pirate's Vengeance Strike has just been triggered. The Vengeance Strike was a Super Hit that ended up being enough to defeat the snake. A Super Hit =/ an Epic Hit. Nobody can dodge a critical hit at all.

If there's for whatever reason still confusion, feel free to ask.

Ensign
May 15, 2014
Gruesome Richard on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Okay, clearly I need to explain this in detail.
Here is what happened in battle, in every little accurate detail I can use:

I am in the Chamber of Fire dungeon. I complete the first couple of battles. Then I encounter the Snakes. All the snakes have an epic talent called First Strike which will strike before your opponent, unless they use a sneak attack, in which case they would need First Strike 3 to trigger before a sneak attack. First strike will trigger before critical power cards too, like the Epic Hit Power Card I had. This power makes me trigger my epic hit when the word Attack pops out of my pirate. Using this power has no effect on vengeance strike and whether it criticals or not whatsoever.

So here is what I did. I used a strength buff followed by my Peter Quint's strength buff. The snakes approached me and got in range of my movement. I clicked the Epic Hit Critical Strike Power card and then targeted the snake that was near me. I sent my units to go to the other side to fight the other snakes.

My pirate approached the snake, and upon approaching, the power triggered the snakes First Strike. The snake attacked and landed his First Strike on me. Upon doing so, the words, Vengeance Strike, popped out of my pirate's head, indicating that my pirate's Vengeance Strike has just been triggered. The Vengeance Strike was a Super Hit that ended up being enough to defeat the snake. A Super Hit =/ an Epic Hit. Nobody can dodge a critical hit at all.

If there's for whatever reason still confusion, feel free to ask.
Ok then. I understand.

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

In other words, you picked an epic power card, and the game thought that it was a super power card...o...k...

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Flamin Wolf Nighti... on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
Ok then. I understand.

Flamin (FlaminFire2252)

In other words, you picked an epic power card, and the game thought that it was a super power card...o...k...
No, I picked an Epic Hit power card, as you said. Epic Hits and Super Hits are 2 of the 3 levels of criticals in the game. It goes in this order, from weakest to strongest in damage: Epic, Mega, Super. My Pirate used an Epic Hit power card, which allows him to land an Epic Hit critical on the enemy when the word, Attack, pops out of his head. I'm sure you've seen that word pop out of your pirates head or your companion's head during combat. His Vengeance Strike, an epic talent that only triggers upon the user being hit by the enemy from a melee based attack, triggered and it was a Super Hit critical. The game did not think it was a Super Hit, my Vengeance Strike triggered and it was a Super Hit critical. However, because I used the Epic Hit critical power card on him, it counts as a usage, therefore discarding the power.

There were no mistakes in the game, just an early defeat of the snake before my pirate could then finally activate his Epic Hit critical card.