Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Reissue Task Not Cycling Through

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
I have the Companion Tasks set to Reissue automatically on all my pirates once they complete their original task. I have noticed since setting it to this, that there are a few companions (usually 1-4) out of half of my pirates who won't automatically collect then reissue the command. I have to manually go to that companion and and set them up to task again.

As of now, since I haven't been playing (working on Petnome) I have ALL my companions but my First Mate set to Pet Wranglin'. Yes I know they are not being efficient but they are on a mission for Petnome! LOL :) However, I have noticed most commonly that 50% of the time it seems like Bonnie Anne is one of the one who refuses to go back to task (I think she prefers fighting actually) in case this info is useful.

I have also asked others if they have had an issues with their comps and the Reissue command and gotten a few 'ayes' which is what prompted me to post here.

~SM~

Administrator
Hi! Thanks for your report. We've seen this as well, and especially when quickly clicking to finish companion job orders. In the meantime while we look at this, you might want to slow down and enjoy watching the rewards appearing before proceeding to the next companion.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Developer
We'll look into a fix, but in the meantime, just slow down the clickety-clicks.

Give it like half a second to keep up.

That fix works 100% of the time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Any chance for a "Collect and Reissue All" button?

Community Leader
Adding to this (seems of similar subject) I have sent a number of my companions to Pet Wrangle, got busy and was unable to log back in the next day, when I did log in I received nothing, it was as if my companions had not done any tasks.

Did KI reset something a few days ago?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Developer
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Any chance for a "Collect and Reissue All" button?
Of course we discussed this, but in the end decided that it was not too much to expect you to go through the actual trouble of managing your companions in order to reap the benefits of all the Free Stuff you're now getting.

As for me, I recommended not only a Collect All button, but that we go the extra mile and implement the "Daily Ratbeard" option:

If you have that option turned on, I personally show up at your house every morning to help you position the mouse over the Collect All button and then gently but firmly depress the mouse button on your behalf.

And then I quietly depart, leaving behind only the afterglow of my presence and a plate of warm kolaches.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
I find that if you are too close to max gold, companions set on "Plundering" task will not automatically reissue orders. Maybe something similar happens with Pet Wranglin'? (Inventory full, too many pet snacks.)

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The Privateer on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
I find that if you are too close to max gold, companions set on "Plundering" task will not automatically reissue orders. Maybe something similar happens with Pet Wranglin'? (Inventory full, too many pet snacks.)
Actually, from what I have seen: if you have 150,000 Gold or more, you can't do any more Plunderin' (there will be a Lock over that option and that order will not be re-issued). You can also have too much Nautical Experience and that order will have a lock on it when you reach your max Nautical Experience for your Nautical Level (you don't have to be at the level cap for this to happen). The same thing can happen when you set a Companion to Brawlin' and he/she/it reaches the maximum experience for their level.

My solution to when to click the Collect button is to wait for the previous Companion I just collected from to re-issue the order and then click the Collect button of the next Companion.

I haven't seen any limit or problem with Pet Wranglin' yet. If you want to see what your Companions collected, open the Chat Window before you start collecting things from your Companions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ratbeard on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Of course we discussed this, but in the end decided that it was not too much to expect you to go through the actual trouble of managing your companions in order to reap the benefits of all the Free Stuff you're now getting.

As for me, I recommended not only a Collect All button, but that we go the extra mile and implement the "Daily Ratbeard" option:

If you have that option turned on, I personally show up at your house every morning to help you position the mouse over the Collect All button and then gently but firmly depress the mouse button on your behalf.

And then I quietly depart, leaving behind only the afterglow of my presence and a plate of warm kolaches.
Dang I cannot stop laughing. Ratbeard you are amazing lol.
It wasn't that I have any issues with pressing the buttons. It was just an idea that popped into my head so I asked. No deep issues here or laziness involved, just a knee jerk idea. Granted I have been guilty of speaking without considering the implications with negative results but if my off the cuff questions will continue to trigger such hilarity then I will certainly continue to pester you with my queries.

Even though I will happily continue to push those buttons and enjoy the delightful animations and great voice work, can I still keep the Kolacky?
(The afterglow I already have from laughing)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

One question, why would we need a plate of warm, water proof boots?

I don't know if a daily visit from Ratbeard would work to well at my house. I have hardwood floors and I just know that the sound of that clackity-clunking peg would wake my twin babies from their napping. And I'm curious and a little unsure about this aforementioned "afterglow"...I'm not usually to thrilled by anything a rat leaves behind.

Point well taken Ratbeard, and we'll be happy to do our own clickety clickin'...gotta love that sense of humor though- even for a rat!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

So, you're saying that the "Collect All" button was discussed, but decided that it's not worth the effort? I haven't thought of that.

That "Daily Ratbeard" bit, sometimes I wonder of you're joking about that or otherwise.