Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do summoned companions scale with levels?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
I have a 65 witchdoctor. I have found that at least prior to the major patch changes, these summoned companions were very mediocre and didn't do either a lot of damage or have a lot of hit points. Have they improved them with the new patch? Do they now scale with the level of the character?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
I have a 65 witchdoctor. I have found that at least prior to the major patch changes, these summoned companions were very mediocre and didn't do either a lot of damage or have a lot of hit points. Have they improved them with the new patch? Do they now scale with the level of the character?
They scale with your will levels. Boost your will up before you summon them and you will be delightfully surprised. I did a triple boost and got a summons that was two levels higher than my pirate. They may have fixed it by now and cap them off at your level but either way, boosting will will make them a bit more gnarly for you.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
At one point (before the most recent upgrade) they were fixed to scale up, which previously they had not been. They may have been made a little tougher, again, with the newest update - haven't seen enough in action to tell for sure. But they are never going to be as powerful as your front-line crew, nor should they be, really - they are basically just an attack spell you have case that may do some damage (and will also absorb some damage that otherwise would have hit you or your crew).

-Indigo