Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

At what level to doubloons show up?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
I am a level 22 Musketeer. I have yet to see any doubloons. When do they start showing up?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 22 Musketeer. I have yet to see any doubloons. When do they start showing up?
You get them from finding locked chest sitting around the spiral or fighting fights with other pirates. You will only get one in a fight if more that one pirate is there.
In the chests sitting around, keep checking the same spots, they rotate with the regular ones.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Most or all that I have received have come from opening multi-locked chests; I may have received some from boss drops. But the ones you receive from chests you can receive as a first-level character. You can find multi-lock chests on skull island.

The trick is, of course, finding someone to help you open the chest.

-Indigo

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
To get Doubloons, you have to open a Group Plunder Chest with other Pirates. Group Plunder Chests can appear when there are two or more Pirates in a fight. Make a Lot of Friends and Good Luck.

Developer
Doubloons only appear in Group Plunder Chests.

Make a Lot of Friends and Good Luck.

That's great advice! I'm stealing it.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
Great? This is primarily a solo oriented game. VERY rarely do I see people grouping except at sea. So now for the most part we can't get doubloons unless we can get a group mate to help open the chests! Say good buy to doubloons then. What a cracked up idea

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Great? This is primarily a solo oriented game. VERY rarely do I see people grouping except at sea. So now for the most part we can't get doubloons unless we can get a group mate to help open the chests! Say good buy to doubloons then. What a cracked up idea
Really? I've engaged in group battles ( usually farming ) often. This game can be played solo, but also with friends helping us in a difficult battle/dungeon. If you really want doubloons get together with your friends ( you have some, I hope ) and start looking! BTW Ratbeard has said he will be developing a way for solo players to get doubloons. But this may take awhile. The only problem I've had getting doubloons is I'm seldom on line when my friends are.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Well actually it is a group play oriented game that some choose to solo. So many things in the game encourage the players to connect with other players to make it more fun and to give you an advantage. When you have four players your team will outnumber the bad guys.
I solo a lot due to my bizarre playing hours but I also offer to help others too as I see the advantages of group play. I do agree thought that is is agonizingly frustrating to have to walk away from a locked chest because you cannot locate anyone willing to come help you unlock it. I am still hoping for some lock picking skills for those infrequent times.

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Well actually it is a group play oriented game that some choose to solo. So many things in the game encourage the players to connect with other players to make it more fun and to give you an advantage. When you have four players your team will outnumber the bad guys.
I solo a lot due to my bizarre playing hours but I also offer to help others too as I see the advantages of group play. I do agree thought that is is agonizingly frustrating to have to walk away from a locked chest because you cannot locate anyone willing to come help you unlock it. I am still hoping for some lock picking skills for those infrequent times.
Are we playing the same game. Most people are on different quests. In addition, quests aren't shareable to my knowledge. Finally, I don't think there is a server wide "tell" in order to get groups started.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
Are we playing the same game. Most people are on different quests. In addition, quests aren't shareable to my knowledge. Finally, I don't think there is a server wide "tell" in order to get groups started.
The only quests ( as far as I know ) That aren't share-able. Are Trainer quests, specific to your class, and Companion promotion quests. All other quests can be shared. Of course if you are a higher level than a friend, you may have a quest that they don't yet. If you want to start a group, go to your friends list, select an on line friend, click on 'group' and start!