Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do multiple buffs of the same type stack?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
I have a musketeer. I can cast a 50% agility buff and my companions can do the same. Do these buffs of the same type stack to give higher damage?

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
sandy20850 on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
I have a musketeer. I can cast a 50% agility buff and my companions can do the same. Do these buffs of the same type stack to give higher damage?
Hover your mouse over your character to find out. It will show what buffs are affecting you and to what extent. Have a friend of yours with you (one that benefits from agility) then view their weapons damage number after you use the buffs. I had someone check my swashbucklers damage the other day after using multiple buffs and it was over 600 so I would say yes...these buffs stack. I don't really keep track but I think the usual damage I do without buffs and using assassins strike was like 360 x 4. With one buff I commonly hit for 430 x 4. With two buffs it is 620 x 4. So unless there is another factor involved that I am not aware of these buffs are stacking.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Those buffs will stack. There are a few attacks that don't stack - mainly Posioning and Bleeding. However, you can stack Poisoning and Bleeding together.

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Hello Sandy, welcome! If you are not sure what buffs does stack or no, this is the best way to see it. Just cast them all and finally move mouse over buffed unit portrait when in planning phase of combat. You should see all buffs that are applied. So far multiple El Toro buffs, different agility buffs they do stack and you get bonus from each of them!

Sincerely, Jojimbo (a.k.a. Samuel The Swashbuckler )
Cya in the Skyways!