Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Is CR So Hard

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 20, 2014
its because they have so much high block and dodge rates. Their hp is about 700 or 500. I'm a lvl 24 swashbuckler and I still have trouble. They are so hard and post any of your thoughts and how to make it a little easier and just post what you need to help me and the others because those bisond and red-sash and banditoads too!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Crazydude256 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
its because they have so much high block and dodge rates. Their hp is about 700 or 500. I'm a lvl 24 swashbuckler and I still have trouble. They are so hard and post any of your thoughts and how to make it a little easier and just post what you need to help me and the others because those bisond and red-sash and banditoads too!
Well...swashbucklers are, in my opinion, the easiest class to quest with so you should be ok. Are you equipping gear that adds agility and dodge? If not, farm for some better gear or buy it at the bazaar. Cool Ranch is where the good gear starts to become available. Gear items that give you powers like Valor's Armor and Valor's Fortress. Any kind of damage reducing power would help. I prefer to block damage instead of healing it because the amount of damage you can block is more than any healing power can heal. Another thing that might help would be to have a couple of musketeer companions. Their higher accuracy will enable them to hit these targets that you say are blocking and dodging you now. A lot of the enemies you face in CR are musketeers themselves so your bread and butter talents like first strike and riposte aren't much help. They will nail you with overwatch as you approach so some ranged and multi target attacks might help you. Do your side quests and try to gain an extra level or two before you quest there. Make sure your companions are adequately trained and within two or three levels of your pirate. Be sure that you focus your attacks on one enemy at a time so that you have fewer attacks to defend against each round. I remember the Buffaloons giving me some difficulty but other than that my swashbuckler breezed right through CR. Not to discourage you but there is a little jump in the level of difficulty when you get to Mooshu. They have ninja pigs. I hate ninja pigs.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Crazydude256 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Hey Crazydude! ( The username )

Cool Ranch was a pain during the beginning, but if you do side quests and train your companions up, it truly helps you during battles. You should also try different strategies in battle, that can be the difference between losing a companion and barely taking damage . You can also make questing buddies with other people, friends always can be a help, and now with the new plunder chests, the doubloons you get from em make the battles even easier!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I know this feeling
When I first played through the game Cool Ranch was pretty difficult at first, but then I decided to level up a bit by doing some sidequests, which made it a bit easier.
P.S. Always accept sidequests you come across, because they may correspond with your main quests.
Good luck in Cool Ranch!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Cool Ranch is a very challenging world indeed and it's currently the largest world in the spiral .Don't give up and be strong there pirate. Just do side quests or ask a willing player for help if it's a bit overwhelming.

I wish you the very best luck in Cool Ranch.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
so if your saying the dodge your attacks give second chance quick adjust and jobus ruse so they can attack again i notice in marleybone when im asaulting beachead they always block or dodge and none of them are swashies so its hard to hit a battle angel

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
so if your saying the dodge your attacks give second chance quick adjust and jobus ruse so they can attack again i notice in marleybone when im asaulting beachead they always block or dodge and none of them are swashies so its hard to hit a battle angel
Battleangels are swashbucklers. They dodge because your attack didn't overcome their armor or dodge ( whichever they use to defend ).

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
yep cooper roost is fun but it sometimes can be a pain. Just train you companions every 2 or 3 levels, go to bazaar every 5 and once you get a chance to do a promote, or spell quest, or whatever do it right then and there because you will need it. some of those guys are as strong as a bull.
good luck in cooper roost

Fearless john west level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john level 65
fearless john morris level 32