Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

some people are just so rude these days

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
ok so yesterday i wanted to do a 2v2 with some friends it's no big deal just a friendly competition then some lvl 7 privy ported here and said nah these guys are too strong so a few seconds later a lvl 8 buckler came and they fought me and my best friend was waiting for 2 more players we were talking about pvp in the future then all of a sudden the privy said SHUT UP YOU'RE SO ANNOYING then i said you shut up then the buckler said be quiet get out and get lose your anger issues. but i said but your ignorant friend said shut up all in caps so really your friend is mad then the privy said just leave and said we're five years old or some thing and get out. my friend said how would know we're five? (my friend didn't have open chat so he said hive) so he called him dumb and when they said get out the arena the third time i said make me then just change the subject and said you don't know me you don't who's be hind this computer than i said newsflash man neither do you. i swear i really wanted to fight him but i know he wouldn't he should be careful who he's talking because i really wanted to beat him up in pvp so bad. but when the game was over the buckler tried to get on my side. then the guy just said truce? and left. you wish the only way to get truce from me when you say that is fighting me in pvp too bad his mouth is bigger than his level because i just love defeating rude people thinking that they can say anything they want when they want to.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Yep that's the brawling hall,some players are just plain rude.This is just plain amazing,so many players are full of it.They say rather nasty things,rather than helping others out like saying " Congrats,that was nice sparing with you." or " It's okay,you can win next time." The brawling hall is meant to mentor with other players,not to boast about how " strong " our pirate(s) is/are.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2012
the awesome smuggl... on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
ok so yesterday i wanted to do a 2v2 with some friends it's no big deal just a friendly competition then some lvl 7 privy ported here and said nah these guys are too strong so a few seconds later a lvl 8 buckler came and they fought me and my best friend was waiting for 2 more players we were talking about pvp in the future then all of a sudden the privy said SHUT UP YOU'RE SO ANNOYING then i said you shut up then the buckler said be quiet get out and get lose your anger issues. but i said but your ignorant friend said shut up all in caps so really your friend is mad then the privy said just leave and said we're five years old or some thing and get out. my friend said how would know we're five? (my friend didn't have open chat so he said hive) so he called him dumb and when they said get out the arena the third time i said make me then just change the subject and said you don't know me you don't who's be hind this computer than i said newsflash man neither do you. i swear i really wanted to fight him but i know he wouldn't he should be careful who he's talking because i really wanted to beat him up in pvp so bad. but when the game was over the buckler tried to get on my side. then the guy just said truce? and left. you wish the only way to get truce from me when you say that is fighting me in pvp too bad his mouth is bigger than his level because i just love defeating rude people thinking that they can say anything they want when they want to.
People just like raging and annoying other people especially low lvls cause I was doing a max pvp battle 4v4 and a lvl 5 Comes and asks if he can play one or our guy had to go so he joined then after his team lost he started raging and swearing at us I just ported away batman away! So people hate losing or they just like to annoy you. 65 65 20 10

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Listening to a rude person is like having dirt thrown in your face! But here you don't have to take it! Click ignore and change realms. You don't have to descend to their level.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Why people love PvP so much will forever be a mystery to me. I understand being "competitive", but bullying comes with it. Honestly, it's really any game with PvP so it's nothing new. I had just about enough of bullies and eventually didn't care about them. I won't tolerate any name calling or for people to speak rudely to me, I can't and I won't deal with that anymore. I'm happier than ever! Best thing that ever happened! And it's so simple! Just keep your distance from them.

Arguing is so exhausting, I never feel like doing so. We all get better things to do with our lives, why not be happy instead of mad? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of being mad and/or sad about the bullies. Besides, that's all they want from you. Why give them what they want? They want you to respond negatively, they want you to react negatively, and when you don't, THEY'RE the ones who are angry and upset for not getting through to you.

I say don't waste your breath arguing, but don't take it to heart when they insult you. I know it's easier said than done, but bullying is waste of everyone's time. There are better things to do with positive people. There are better things to do than be upset about someone who isn't worth your precious time. Sorry about the long rant. *sigh* It's just tiring how pathetic bullies are, yet people don't just ignore them. Trust me, I understand how it feels, but I don't want to feel that anymore. Nobody should.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2013
435Snow Owl on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
Why people love PvP so much will forever be a mystery to me. I understand being "competitive", but bullying comes with it. Honestly, it's really any game with PvP so it's nothing new. I had just about enough of bullies and eventually didn't care about them. I won't tolerate any name calling or for people to speak rudely to me, I can't and I won't deal with that anymore. I'm happier than ever! Best thing that ever happened! And it's so simple! Just keep your distance from them.

Arguing is so exhausting, I never feel like doing so. We all get better things to do with our lives, why not be happy instead of mad? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of being mad and/or sad about the bullies. Besides, that's all they want from you. Why give them what they want? They want you to respond negatively, they want you to react negatively, and when you don't, THEY'RE the ones who are angry and upset for not getting through to you.

I say don't waste your breath arguing, but don't take it to heart when they insult you. I know it's easier said than done, but bullying is waste of everyone's time. There are better things to do with positive people. There are better things to do than be upset about someone who isn't worth your precious time. Sorry about the long rant. *sigh* It's just tiring how pathetic bullies are, yet people don't just ignore them. Trust me, I understand how it feels, but I don't want to feel that anymore. Nobody should.
I understand what you're saying so don't think this is in regards to your entire post, only this statement:

"Why people love PvP so much will forever be a mystery to me. I understand being "competitive", but bullying comes with it. Honestly, it's really any game with PvP so it's nothing new"

I just want to point out that Bullying is not the same thing as Competing or Being Competitive. I am very much competitive. PvP is the only reason I still play this game. But I'm not a bully. Also, where there are competitions, there is bullying is far too specific for far too broad an issue. Bullying happens anywhere, whether competition is involved or not. I've seen it in classrooms in front of the teacher, i've seen it on the street i've seen it at theme parks (places that're supposed to be happy fun times). Basically anywhere where there is large amount of human contact, there is bullying.

This is why video games and many other internet based sites/resources have Ignore options. Very easy ways to put them out of your life and never worry about them again.

just wanted to say that. PvP is NOT the reason for any bullying. if you feel that it is, then just stay away from it. But I can promise you that it exists everywhere that you'll find multiple groups of people.

Ensign
Sep 05, 2013
435Snow Owl on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:

I agree.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Silly Sebastian on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
I understand what you're saying so don't think this is in regards to your entire post, only this statement:

"Why people love PvP so much will forever be a mystery to me. I understand being "competitive", but bullying comes with it. Honestly, it's really any game with PvP so it's nothing new"

I just want to point out that Bullying is not the same thing as Competing or Being Competitive. I am very much competitive. PvP is the only reason I still play this game. But I'm not a bully. Also, where there are competitions, there is bullying is far too specific for far too broad an issue. Bullying happens anywhere, whether competition is involved or not. I've seen it in classrooms in front of the teacher, i've seen it on the street i've seen it at theme parks (places that're supposed to be happy fun times). Basically anywhere where there is large amount of human contact, there is bullying.

This is why video games and many other internet based sites/resources have Ignore options. Very easy ways to put them out of your life and never worry about them again.

just wanted to say that. PvP is NOT the reason for any bullying. if you feel that it is, then just stay away from it. But I can promise you that it exists everywhere that you'll find multiple groups of people.
Oh, I didn't mean being competitive makes someone a bully. I meant PvP comes with active bullying. I'm not saying everyone is, but there's always at least one person involved in PvP bullies someone. I'm also not saying that PvP is the reason for bullying either. Like you said, bullying is everywhere regardless. It's just that a typical bully is drawn to PvP rather they're competitive or not, just so they can get under someone's skin. I mean, you must admit that there are a lot of bullies in the Brawling Hall, they're not exactly uncommon there. I know not everyone is a bully, and it's not fair for me to judge "everyone" so generally, thus I don't. People who do want to PvP and want to avoid the bullies often go to quieter realms or go at their homes. Perhaps not always, but it is pretty often.

Not many people can say they went to Brawling Hall in Avery nowadays and there was no bullying the entire day. 'Til that day comes, pigs will fly. Hmm... perhaps that's not the best statement since flying piggles exist in the Spiral. Anyways, sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean to offend you if I did, just that simply bullying is "common" in PvP. It's also common in any starting area in a game.

Personally I don't think anything has a reason for bullying, just the bully themselves for making those choices. There shouldn't be any excuses.