Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer suggestions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
I have two suggestions for the Musketeer.
1. The traps as they exist are fairly useless. Mobs can easily avoid them,which they do. Musketeers should at least get 2 and even better 3 traps and preferably 4 with the same spell that we can use on three different spots. In addition, I would love the ability to stack traps for more damage.

2. Bonnie Anne, who is a musketeer, doesn't get any traps. Why not?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
1. The traps as they exist are fairly useless. Mobs can easily avoid them,which they do. Musketeers should at least get 2 and even better 3 traps and preferably 4 with the same spell that we can use on three different spots. In addition, I would love the ability to stack traps for more damage.

Once you get to higher levels as a musketeer you will get a 5 in one trap set and they can be pretty powerful. Be sure to train Spooky powers from the Witchdoctor class as that will make your traps more powerful.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
sandy20850 on May 24, 2014 wrote:

Hey Sandy!

The traps are far from useless, I have found every trap of my own Musketeer to always help. Don't simply cast it wherever you please, plan out your movement and place it where the enemy will be "most" likely to cross. This is especially the case when dealing with melee units, as they will move much more often than musket or witch units.

As for your second question, if you gave Bonnie traps just because she is a musket, people will use that same argument for every musket and then it would just be a big message board full of complaints. Not all companions are meant to be equal, nor will they all reflect their class as we pirates do.