Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What bugs you?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
I know this was a huge thread on the other game so I figured I'd start one here... I wanna know what annoys us pirates the most!

One thing I couldn't stand Is when old scratch fizzles like 4 times in a row...for me he used to be like that

I also don't like how some enemies critical hit like every time...the amber hoard hit 3 epic in a row in me?

My pet is pretty good with good stats, but it never comes when I need it! It comes like like every normal fight but then never comes in boss fights or in dungeons!

My last thing is when in a big battle, I get the 2 lowest companions on my list lol I either die or ragequit

So that's bout it... What annoys u guys?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
GoldRoseKnight on May 3, 2014 wrote:
I know this was a huge thread on the other game so I figured I'd start one here... I wanna know what annoys us pirates the most!

One thing I couldn't stand Is when old scratch fizzles like 4 times in a row...for me he used to be like that

I also don't like how some enemies critical hit like every time...the amber hoard hit 3 epic in a row in me?

My pet is pretty good with good stats, but it never comes when I need it! It comes like like every normal fight but then never comes in boss fights or in dungeons!

My last thing is when in a big battle, I get the 2 lowest companions on my list lol I either die or ragequit

So that's bout it... What annoys u guys?
Hey there GoldRoseKnight! Nice idea for a thread, it should help bring some constructive criticism to the attention of KI, from the players themselves. Now as to what are a few minor irritations that I have noticed...

Pets (and NPCs) interfering with my battle tactics and strategies- Often times I try to plan 2 or 3 moves ahead and many a times my pet has jumped into a space that I was playing to have my pirate or companion occupy next round to make use of an Epic Talent, Talent or strategy. Also, there are times when an enemy is extremely low on health (a # that is well below the damage my pet puts out) and my pet is right next to or within striking damage of that enemy only. I don't want to 'waste' a companion's or my pirate's move on that enemy (thinking my pet surely will finish it off or at least attempt a strike), so I attack another target. For some reason, many times my pet will move in the opposite direction and not attack the only enemy in it's range and often sustain damage itself from Cheap Shot or Parting Shot.

I find that this happens frequently as well with NPCs that join your pirate in battle. I don't know how many times, when helping Hawkules in the Labyrinth, he 'left' an enemy (that he had already attacked) to attack another enemy on the next turn and got himself into hot water by triggering the enemy's Epic Talents. He also bypassed enemies altogether and wasted turns by not attacking and moving away. But, let's face it he isn't exactly the Brightest Beakon out there.

Not being able to change your pirate's route of attack- Having to be limited by the blue arrow's , predetermined routes of attacks, can at times be a bit annoying. Often your only option is to move through a trap/hazard or pass by an enemy and trigger their 'passive', movement based Epic Talents, when it could be avoided if you could just move the arrow to your liking (without affecting the range) and change your crew member's route.

Not being able to select your companions in the order you wish and have them attack in that order every round in battle- It would be nice if every round you could customize the order in which your crew attacks to better take advantage of their Talents/Epic Talents. Like say for example, you have a 1st mate with Blade Storm and there is an enemy, with more health left than you know your 1st mate will dish out. But you want to take advantage of the Blade Storm because all other enemies are at full health. You may wish to use your 3rd or 4th crew member to take some damage off of the low health enemy first, so that you can finish it off with the 1st Mate, who will then in turn get Blade Storm on another enemy. You currently can't use this tactic because you have to go in the predetermined order of your 1st Mate always going second (followed by the others). If you had the ability to control the order based on the order you selected the crewmembers every round, you could take advantage of many more strategies and Epic Talents.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
I don't like the way Frogorales grin when they defeat your companions.It looks so so so mean...