Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Character creation clarification?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 19, 2014
I have hit level 15 with my Musketeer raised in Marleybone for the Keen Eyes trait. When I looked at "My Talents" it states Keen Eyes grants +5% accuracy. Then I moused over my accuracy stat on the character page it says Keen Eyes only gives a flat +5, not a percentage boost.

I then repeated this with a brand new character to test the Born Sneak trait. At level 1 "My Talents" shows Born Sneak with +5% bonus to dodge but on the character page I get something called Dodgy that gives a flat +5.

Now I have a Buccaneer with the Naturally Tough trait. On the "My Talents" screen Naturally Tough shows +5% health. And looking at my character page my health breakdown goes 291 base + 10 Tough trait + 15 Naturally Tough trait (291 + 10 = 301 x 5% = 15). So Naturally Tough is obviously working as the trait states.

My question for you is, why are the Keen Eyes and Born Sneak traits misleading? They are NOT a percentage increase as stated by their Trait listings. Maybe at the level cap +5 is supposed to be the same as +5% but until then its just something for me to complain about hoping that it wont be a bad choice down the road.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Bad Kel on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
I have hit level 15 with my Musketeer raised in Marleybone for the Keen Eyes trait. When I looked at "My Talents" it states Keen Eyes grants +5% accuracy. Then I moused over my accuracy stat on the character page it says Keen Eyes only gives a flat +5, not a percentage boost.

I then repeated this with a brand new character to test the Born Sneak trait. At level 1 "My Talents" shows Born Sneak with +5% bonus to dodge but on the character page I get something called Dodgy that gives a flat +5.

Now I have a Buccaneer with the Naturally Tough trait. On the "My Talents" screen Naturally Tough shows +5% health. And looking at my character page my health breakdown goes 291 base + 10 Tough trait + 15 Naturally Tough trait (291 + 10 = 301 x 5% = 15). So Naturally Tough is obviously working as the trait states.

My question for you is, why are the Keen Eyes and Born Sneak traits misleading? They are NOT a percentage increase as stated by their Trait listings. Maybe at the level cap +5 is supposed to be the same as +5% but until then its just something for me to complain about hoping that it wont be a bad choice down the road.
I had addressed this in a previous thread here , however it seemed to be somewhat ignored. All the traits (not including born warrior and naturally tough, and you can't tell with born spooky) that have a +5% boost to a stat only give +5 of said stat. It's either a typo or something the Pirate101 crew are too busy (or unaware of it) to fix it or something. I'd really like one of the Mods to explain why it's going on like this.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Quinn Quincy, 27

P.S: Welcome to the message boards .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bad Kel on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:

Hi Kel, just wanted to welcome you to the message boards. Great question. You have a great attention for detail. I am not 100% positive on my facts so I am going to wait and let a developer or someone else tackle this one but I wanted to be sure you felt welcome first.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I remember reading a post I think Ratbeard made somewhere, it was intentional for those talents to have only given +5, not a 5%, besides the one that gives health. It was a mistake on their part with typos.

I hope my memory is correct.

Ensign
Apr 19, 2014
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Waiting patiently for an official response, as things like this bug me enough to alter my playing habits.