Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Skull Island, a part of Azteca?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I really dont understand this. Everyone other colony came from the spiral came by ship and settled in the different parts of Skull Island. However it seems to me that skull island was built on top of a pre-existing spiral world. It seems that all these Aztecan structures were already there, before pirates came and conquered it all...

Here is my hypothesis:
In the heart of skull island there is a dark wormhole, and this is a connection between Skull Island and Azteca. Perhaps there is a wizard gate or something in the middle of the jungle.

Conclusion:
Azteca is a part of skull island.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
I really dont understand this. Everyone other colony came from the spiral came by ship and settled in the different parts of Skull Island. However it seems to me that skull island was built on top of a pre-existing spiral world. It seems that all these Aztecan structures were already there, before pirates came and conquered it all...

Here is my hypothesis:
In the heart of skull island there is a dark wormhole, and this is a connection between Skull Island and Azteca. Perhaps there is a wizard gate or something in the middle of the jungle.

Conclusion:
Conclusion from the archeological evidence: Skull Island was discovered and settled by Azteca. ( no need to get elaborate ) But I like your hypothesis ( I'm glad you know the difference between a hypothesis and a theory, not many people do )

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009

Here is my hypothesis:

Conclusion:
This was explained in wizard I believe, and elaborated on in a side quest. Long ago, in Azteca, there was a Xibalba comet headed towards the realm like the one that recently came. (to those who don't play Wizard, Xibalba is what Morganthe summoned to destroy Azteca, and is the whole reason for the PC being there. You are able to destroy most of the comet, but the remains still hit down and wipe out a majority of the population, leaving the world in tact. It was also mentioned that this happened before). The ancient Xibalba comet was weaker than the Wizard one, and before it struck, the Aztecasaurs were able to evacuate to the closest realm, Skull Island. They built temples and homes there, but were worried about those who didn't make it out. After the dust cleared at home, they returned to find many dead. They didn't want the temples they made to go to waste, so they converted most into tombs, and placed the Xibalba victims there (ergo all the Aztecasaur Zombies we fight). Seeing no reason to stay at SI, Especially since it was now a graveyard, they returned home to rebuild their world, and left. MUCH later, the other settlers came, and while many built around those tombs, several used them for different purposes, upsetting the dead (ex: Scurvy Dog Hideout). I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with Isle of Doom, for that doesn't seem to be a tomb, but that should be explained pretty soon. So, yea. Skull Island isn't a part of Azteca and vice versa, they're just really close neighbors and share history. hope that clears it up!
F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Here is my hypothesis:

Conclusion:
Well.......maybe. Blind Mew said that VERY FEW worlds will be remotely tied in with the wizard worlds. Take Marleybone for example. There is an invisible barrier guarding MB City. With Dragonspyre, we only get a long-range view of Dragonspyre from Avernus. With Mooshu, the Imperial City isn't EVEN IN Pirate101. If Pirate101 were to have an Azteca tie-in with Wizard101, things would get out of hand. However, good hypothesis! It's really creative, and if it were to happen, that wormhole would definitely be hidden in the jungles!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Here is my hypothesis:

Conclusion:
Good call Dino and very intriguing concept. I like the idea of a wormhole in the jungle and stumbling upon it during your pirate's adventures throughout Skull Island. And you are right that judging by the Aztecan structures and ruins that it would appear there was a previous society inhabiting the island- prior to Skull Island being populated by the pirates. It makes sense and it also makes sense that Azteca could and would be represented by this very society.

Now, where is that wormhole, I have some exploring to do?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The way I understand the spiral, The connections between stormgates ARE wormholes. It seems likeliest to me that the ancestors to the Aztecans immigrated to SI just as Elemutation said they did, only they probably had their own skyships and used the stormgates. In fact, the Armada is trying to use their golden wheels to predict El Dorado's stormgate behavior; and probably Marco Pollo did this too. Blind Mew said that the Aztecosaurs in Azteca and the live Aztecosaurs in SI are cousins, which would mean they are descended from the same reptilian forbears. I imagine that when our pirate PC's go to another Aztecosaur world in the spiral, it will be different from either SI or Azteca, but populated by Aztecosaurs. I would guess that we will go there in the second story arc, and it will have stormgates that can go to both Skull Island and Azteca. The denizens of this 3rd Aztecosaur world probably know what happened to both of the other 2 and are likely to want to stay out of spiral politics and trade. I rather expect them to be unfriendly to visitors or at least unwilling to allow visitors to depart with news of their existence.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Elemutation on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
This was explained in wizard I believe, and elaborated on in a side quest. Long ago, in Azteca, there was a Xibalba comet headed towards the realm like the one that recently came. (to those who don't play Wizard, Xibalba is what Morganthe summoned to destroy Azteca, and is the whole reason for the PC being there. You are able to destroy most of the comet, but the remains still hit down and wipe out a majority of the population, leaving the world in tact. It was also mentioned that this happened before). The ancient Xibalba comet was weaker than the Wizard one, and before it struck, the Aztecasaurs were able to evacuate to the closest realm, Skull Island. They built temples and homes there, but were worried about those who didn't make it out. After the dust cleared at home, they returned to find many dead. They didn't want the temples they made to go to waste, so they converted most into tombs, and placed the Xibalba victims there (ergo all the Aztecasaur Zombies we fight). Seeing no reason to stay at SI, Especially since it was now a graveyard, they returned home to rebuild their world, and left. MUCH later, the other settlers came, and while many built around those tombs, several used them for different purposes, upsetting the dead (ex: Scurvy Dog Hideout). I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with Isle of Doom, for that doesn't seem to be a tomb, but that should be explained pretty soon. So, yea. Skull Island isn't a part of Azteca and vice versa, they're just really close neighbors and share history. hope that clears it up!
F.R. Holystone
lv 65
This was interesting! Thanks for sharing it. I don't play Wizard so I wouldn't have been able to know the history. Also, didn't know that Azteca wasn't destroyed. I thought once you beat Azteca, the game time just freezes, so you can do side quests and such.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Good call Dino and very intriguing concept. I like the idea of a wormhole in the jungle and stumbling upon it during your pirate's adventures throughout Skull Island. And you are right that judging by the Aztecan structures and ruins that it would appear there was a previous society inhabiting the island- prior to Skull Island being populated by the pirates. It makes sense and it also makes sense that Azteca could and would be represented by this very society.

Now, where is that wormhole, I have some exploring to do?
Exactly. Where is that wormhole?

Congrats Elemutation for that excellent answer. Now the question is how did they get from Azteca, to skull island? Obviously not ships, since there seems to be no Aztecosaur docks, unless there is some hidden part we have not seen. Wizard gate seems very likely... I am in the mood to be silly so I will be silly with my answer.

Desmond Argleston, a possible ex wizard, refers to your pirate as a wizard in the storyline of cool ranch (true fact). Well anyway Desmond is a legend, because he did legendary wizard stuff, like studying the physics of teleportation to make a wizard gate. Desmond once took a holiday trip to Azteca, and then Xibalba came and Desmond used his wizard skills to make a gate to connect to skull island, the nearest world. However Desmond got tired of dinosaurs, so he made another gate and travelled to cool ranch. Desmond lives here today, and sits in a chair doing absolutely nothing.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Golden Guardian on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Exactly. Where is that wormhole?

Congrats Elemutation for that excellent answer. Now the question is how did they get from Azteca, to skull island? Obviously not ships, since there seems to be no Aztecosaur docks, unless there is some hidden part we have not seen. Wizard gate seems very likely... I am in the mood to be silly so I will be silly with my answer.

Desmond Argleston, a possible ex wizard, refers to your pirate as a wizard in the storyline of cool ranch (true fact). Well anyway Desmond is a legend, because he did legendary wizard stuff, like studying the physics of teleportation to make a wizard gate. Desmond once took a holiday trip to Azteca, and then Xibalba came and Desmond used his wizard skills to make a gate to connect to skull island, the nearest world. However Desmond got tired of dinosaurs, so he made another gate and travelled to cool ranch. Desmond lives here today, and sits in a chair doing absolutely nothing.
That's possible, but there is the possibility that there is a Spiral Door hidden among the ruins.