Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"A Felon's Employment" dialogue errors

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I really liked how the instance and the quest, "A Felon's Employment", in Port Regal in Skull Island has been extended, but I have some of the quest's dialogue issues to report.

Error 1. Beemish's dialogue says, "Well, what have we here? Kidnappers, is it? We're the kidnappers around here! You botched our job with the Pelican, remember? Now, we get even!", but the voiceover mistakenly says, "Well, what have we here? Pirate, you've been busy. Captain Foote, caught at last. Now I can ship him off to Fort McMurtry where he belongs.". That line is from Ben Jolly in Cool Ranch's "Stomp that Foote!".

Error 2. Playing as the Swashbuckler, Sarah Steele is missing her voiceover line, "Doing this job helps us get Mustang Sally out of prison, and that gets us a piece of Marco Pollo's Map. That's all that matters.".

Error 3. Bonnie Anne's dialogue line says, "Alright - we have good reasons. Let's get it done. But, Captain, remember this - if any harm comes to that girl, you'll answer to me for it.", but her voiceover incorrectly says, "...you'll answer me for it.".

Error 4. We absconded with Mabel after Ratbeard placed Catbeard's note, so Ratbeard should have his dialogue line revised from "I've dropped Catbeard's note. Time to go!" to "I've placed Catbeard's note. Time to go!", and also, I don't see the note placed on the table, there.

Error 5. We try to exit, but the Redcoats appear, and yet, I've been through this before the extension, when one of the Redcoats says their line when we go down the stairs, "You there, halt! Men, stop that Pirate!". I went there once more, but that line never was repeated again, even after the quest extension, as if it's been played for one time only. Also, we keep moving during the line, even some could even be drawn into battle by accident. Can you make that dialogue line repeatable and have the Pirates stop running the moment that line shows up?

Those are my error reports on the storyline quest, amidst some grammar errors I've spoken of in my report. Please correct them! Thanks!

Administrator
Trimond297 on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
I really liked how the instance and the quest, "A Felon's Employment", in Port Regal in Skull Island has been extended, but I have some of the quest's dialogue issues to report.

Error 1. Beemish's dialogue says, "Well, what have we here? Kidnappers, is it? We're the kidnappers around here! You botched our job with the Pelican, remember? Now, we get even!", but the voiceover mistakenly says, "Well, what have we here? Pirate, you've been busy. Captain Foote, caught at last. Now I can ship him off to Fort McMurtry where he belongs.". That line is from Ben Jolly in Cool Ranch's "Stomp that Foote!".

Error 2. Playing as the Swashbuckler, Sarah Steele is missing her voiceover line, "Doing this job helps us get Mustang Sally out of prison, and that gets us a piece of Marco Pollo's Map. That's all that matters.".

Error 3. Bonnie Anne's dialogue line says, "Alright - we have good reasons. Let's get it done. But, Captain, remember this - if any harm comes to that girl, you'll answer to me for it.", but her voiceover incorrectly says, "...you'll answer me for it.".

Error 4. We absconded with Mabel after Ratbeard placed Catbeard's note, so Ratbeard should have his dialogue line revised from "I've dropped Catbeard's note. Time to go!" to "I've placed Catbeard's note. Time to go!", and also, I don't see the note placed on the table, there.

Error 5. We try to exit, but the Redcoats appear, and yet, I've been through this before the extension, when one of the Redcoats says their line when we go down the stairs, "You there, halt! Men, stop that Pirate!". I went there once more, but that line never was repeated again, even after the quest extension, as if it's been played for one time only. Also, we keep moving during the line, even some could even be drawn into battle by accident. Can you make that dialogue line repeatable and have the Pirates stop running the moment that line shows up?

Those are my error reports on the storyline quest, amidst some grammar errors I've spoken of in my report. Please correct them! Thanks!
Hi!

Error 1: This will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Error 2: Also fixed.

Error 3: Thanks! We'll take a look at it.

Error 4: This is working as intended.

Error 5: This seems to be fixed in the upcoming update -- let's keep an eye on it. Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi!

Error 1: This will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Error 2: Also fixed.

Error 3: Thanks! We'll take a look at it.

Error 4: This is working as intended.

Error 5: This seems to be fixed in the upcoming update -- let's keep an eye on it. Thanks!
You're welcome, but I have something to say about this quest.

1. You mean to say, Sarah Steele's missing voiceover is fixed in the upcoming update? If it's that, then OK. Just making sure if it's thoroughly fixed.

2. OK, so the line doesn't need changing, but in truth, I just don't see the note Ratbeard dropped.