Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Experience Points Question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
I just maxed out my privateer, but I'm still on the first part of Aquila (I did a lot farming for xp, gear and money). I decided to quickly complete the quest where you find the singer for Eagilles banquet (the quest gave 150 xp) and when I did complete it, there was no message noting any xp earned. So if I were to complete all the quests for Aquila, what will happen to all the xp I could have earned? Will it be saved up than given after the update? Will it be gone forever?

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
hi, and good question, unfortunately, the xp will be lost, it will not be stored after the new update in which increases the lvl cap, same thing happened to me, and believe me, i wasn't happy

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Since your character is maxed, you will not earn any experience until KI raise the level cap.

Also, experience points will not be saved.

Administrator
. . . on the other hand, keep in mind that we will always provide enough experience for you to reach the level cap when we expand the game's story, and IMHO some of the most fun multiplayer experiences in Pirate101 are when a new world is freshly released and a lot of players are all playing in the new area at one time--for me that's always been motivation enough to finish the end of the main story line content despite any experience lost. (YMMV . . . especially if this is your second or third character at the level cap. )

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
As One-Eyed Jack says, it is well worth the loss of experience points to be able to jump into the new part of the story right away with a character who has completed the main quest line. Though for me, I like to have done all the quests, just because I love the feeling of the sense of the world you are in by doing all the side quests along with the main quests (not to mention the new companions you get, training tomes, gold, and access to very interesting bosses, who may drop unique items!)

When you get to the new content, the disparity between those who have completed the previous chapter losing most experience and those who wait to complete evens out eventually. It has never been an issue for me. But there is great, adventurous fun facing certain bosses with the minimum amount of experience. My swashbuckler Anne faced the challenge of getting the windstone to Marleybone when she was but level 51. It was an especially fascinating fight at that level, even though I did win my first try (but just barely!). And yes, I did it solo; some challenges are just more fun that way!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
the only way you will earn xp after you cap out is if there is an excess amount of xp.
let me give an example
lvl 64, you need 1000 xp to lvl up
complete a dungeon worth 2750
you will cap out at lvl 65, and that bonus 1750 will also move over to your xp bar
so your new xp bar will be 1750/xxxx to become lvl 66

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
. . . on the other hand, keep in mind that we will always provide enough experience for you to reach the level cap when we expand the game's story, and IMHO some of the most fun multiplayer experiences in Pirate101 are when a new world is freshly released and a lot of players are all playing in the new area at one time--for me that's always been motivation enough to finish the end of the main story line content despite any experience lost. (YMMV . . . especially if this is your second or third character at the level cap. )
Great point Jack. Thank you.