Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companions roaming your house.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I have noticed that once you get a house, it is HUGE! you can spent 15 minutes easily just exploring the place. I also noticed that unless you have all of your friends and their friends over for a party, the place feels extremely empty, especially when you have all of the rooms set up nicely and there is no one else around. It can feel like a lonesome ghost house (doesn't help that I saved up gold for the Buccaneer's Den though ).

So I was thinking, what if whenever you went to your house, there were your companions walking around your house, or running around outside, or if the developers are feeling up for a challenge, having a mock battle at the pvp area when not in use? It would give the house a lived-in feel, rather than a deserted castle that had a "terrible tragedy befall these hallowed halls" vibe.

On another note...

How come we can't buy bottles of blue yum at the taverns? In Wizard101 you can buy bottles of mana outside the carousel in The Commons, but you can't buy blue yum from the taverns? They have blue yum-yum fruit as their door signs! Every time I go near a tavern, I get "The Pub with No Beer" by Slim Dusty in my head.

Let us buy bottles of Blue Yum!

Other than that, this is a tremendously fun game. Keep up the good work .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
King Crimson on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed that once you get a house, it is HUGE! you can spent 15 minutes easily just exploring the place. I also noticed that unless you have all of your friends and their friends over for a party, the place feels extremely empty, especially when you have all of the rooms set up nicely and there is no one else around. It can feel like a lonesome ghost house (doesn't help that I saved up gold for the Buccaneer's Den though ).

So I was thinking, what if whenever you went to your house, there were your companions walking around your house, or running around outside, or if the developers are feeling up for a challenge, having a mock battle at the pvp area when not in use? It would give the house a lived-in feel, rather than a deserted castle that had a "terrible tragedy befall these hallowed halls" vibe.

On another note...

How come we can't buy bottles of blue yum at the taverns? In Wizard101 you can buy bottles of mana outside the carousel in The Commons, but you can't buy blue yum from the taverns? They have blue yum-yum fruit as their door signs! Every time I go near a tavern, I get "The Pub with No Beer" by Slim Dusty in my head.

Let us buy bottles of Blue Yum!

Other than that, this is a tremendously fun game. Keep up the good work .
I totally agree with you here. If Ryan the Relentless were to expand his wares to include blue yumonade I would be buying there all the time.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
That reminds me of an old idea I had that I posted on the W101 forums... SPAWNING CUSTOM PVP ENEMIES IN YOUR HOUSE!!! Seriously, my Sharpshooter Citadel's arena is basically a deserted barracks with a mock chess board in the middle. I wish I could bring some light into the place by summoning my own enemies to have PVP battles with. Seriously. It's excelsior.

Excelsior!!!
Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
This is getting to be an unrelated matter to this. I agree that we should let out Companions roam free in our houses, considering that we've been giving them much more orders to do instead of just letting them fight with us. I think they need to relax and roam around in our homes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You can now fill your mojo from Ryan, but its expensive! If your companions are roaming the 'hallowed halls' then they aren't on your ship where you need them to be. You can place any unused pets in your house now, so that empty unlived feeling will be gone.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Maybe the ones on bed rest could be assigned roaming a home, but I disagree that we should retire any crew permanently.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I love this idea! It certainly would make places like the haunted grotto less spooky XD, but I think they should add it soon, with mounts and pets roaming my house, it actually feels like an island filled with npcs!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Anecorbie and Willowydream, I don't mean getting them to retire permanently in luxury while I'm doing all the back-breaking work trying to navigate my galleon single-handedly to Ithaca, that would be bordering lunacy! Rather, when you pull into your personal port to go place you latest piles of loot in your treasure chambers and get those rare boots for a swashbuckler from your buccaneer to your swashbuckler, your companions get the chance to stretch their legs on solid ground, have a hot meal cooked over an open fire, sleep in a bed that doesn't rock, so on and so forth.

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
I know right? And here's a thought , what if we could buy characters fighting like in Aquila how they have those gladiators fighting in Sparta or the eagles fighting ophidians when you take over Troy it would be soo cool!!!!

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
anecorbie on May 30, 2014 wrote:
You can now fill your mojo from Ryan, but its expensive! If your companions are roaming the 'hallowed halls' then they aren't on your ship where you need them to be. You can place any unused pets in your house now, so that empty unlived feeling will be gone.
Well what if it was like when you enter the tavern cellar only there when your there hmm?