Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wait... a secret passage in the Isle of Doom? Wow!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
How come nobody tells me these kind of things when they were in the game's Beta Testing? I mean, I was a Pirate101 Beta Tester before, but I was way behind in catching up before it went live over a year ago.

I'm not upset about this or anything, mind you. Just... surprised with these words that were spoken of beyond my words.

KevinNewell did say that during the game's Beta Testing, there was a "side quest where Gortez, in Monquista, sent us back to the Isle of Doom, through a secret passage behind a waterfall, and back into the Valley of the Gold Monkey".

Nice to have someone who was from Beta remember what was in Testing telling us a story or two about what was in testing before that was decided to be cut from Testing before the game went Live. I never got to know that quest's name, though. Oh, well.

Anyway, these words spoken had led me to thinking, "Wait a minute. What? There was a hidden passage behind a waterfall in the Isle of Doom? Why didn't anyone tell me that before?". Back before that passage was closed, It's previous function was it leading back to the same Gold Monkey Valley, as part of the former side quest, but now, that passage is closed. Why would there be a hidden passage placed behind the waterfall in the Isle of Doom that it's function would only lead Pirates back to the same instance anyway? I mean, for replay value? Maybe. I mean, it would have been fine to have a hidden passage leading to somewhere no one has seen before in that Zone instead, but when I heard about what they had to do with it before the game went Live, it was not seen in Live at all. It's a shame that they had to cut it, because Blind Mew said that "...it ended up causing some headaches on our end that weren't often visible to players, and would have been too much trouble to fix given how close we were to release.".

One-Eyed Jack, would that hidden passage on the Isle of Doom make a return someday? I mean, not to revive the function of returning to the Gold Monkey Valley for the retired quest, but, to have it completely revised into a more complex area with new paths that leads to many of the Isle of Doom's depths. It could happen in a later point in the story sometime, could it? I would like to see what was lost in Beta reworked into something new for a later plot point in the storyline.

Sorry if I was droning on about this, but I was slightly blown away by reading that.

There's always a possibility for that, you know. Thanks for answering!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I was only surprised after hearing that story, so I was sure someone could answer to this.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
I was only surprised after hearing that story, so I was sure someone could answer to this.
It's now for a buccaneer quest to get a power but i can't remember which one though