Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The worst companion ever (in your option)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 06, 2013
What is the worst companion ever period and why

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
id have to say worst companion (in my eyes) is old scratch he fizzles alot for me and im max so just saying
anyways wanna chat with me more about it find me in pvp
Disloyal Sam :D

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Scratch starts off with many fizzles, but he gets better, much better.
I was not impressed with the Crab Hermit witchdoctor from Valencia. His attack range seems so short, and the crab he summons doesn't seem much stronger than a pet at first. I have heard there are buffs at higer levels that improve his crab. I was so pleased to get a witchdoctor that was not undead, but then he had none of the attacks I liked about Scratch.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Batacuda. I mean, he has one, and I repeat one, epic. He misses and dies even though he is a buccaneer.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Weasel Gambler. Inferior in almost every shape and form.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The Cat Ninja used to be the worst in the game. KI improved her some, but she still has only first strike 1 and cheap shot 1 and we don't get to pick an epic. She's still thin on regular talents, but she had no talents at all when I first got her. She does look cool and has nifty epic attack animations.
Now the booby prize goes to the Batacuda. It gets 1 choice of epics, is low on normal talents, and Blind Mew said that mute companions will never get any more talents. Again this is another cool looking companion. The ability to fly does not begin to make up for the shortcomings.
I personally think that P101 would be a better, more interesting game if all companions were roughly equal in power, with the same number of Talents and Epic Talents.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Hate to say but for me hawkules. I gave him max health and dodgy and armor I also just got him but if he were a graveyard from the dark ages (time era the plague) he would be overflowing with hawk skeletons.

- Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
The crab hermit is horrible but at least it can summon a crab. Lenny is absolutely horrible and so is Nurse Quinn but at least she can heal.

Old Scratch on the other hand is not horrible at all. In fact I've taken him into 4v4 PvP matches in the past and he has proven to be quite destructive due to his magical mass attack and multiple attacks. His accuracy is horrible but a non-factor when your troops are all accuracy buffed and/or the other side has their dodges dropped (playing scratch with El Toro and Bonnie is quite an effective team, doubly so if playing a privateer).

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
I saw the multitude of epicless WD animal companions, and promptly deleted it and started playing my way with a buccaneer, a privateer, and a couple swashes. Basically, I've been ingrained with a deep-seated hatred of WD gameplay.

For you lowbie Scratch-haters: He improves with Mojo Echo.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Welcome to the message boards Dread Master Xak, As awful as those mute companions are, Dr.'s are a real pleasure to play. Just be careful what side quests you complete and you'll avoid the worst of them.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Dread Master Xak on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
I saw the multitude of epicless WD animal companions, and promptly deleted it and started playing my way with a buccaneer, a privateer, and a couple swashes. Basically, I've been ingrained with a deep-seated hatred of WD gameplay.

Then I feel bad for you.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
cuddlbubbl on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
id have to say worst companion (in my eyes) is old scratch he fizzles alot for me and im max so just saying
anyways wanna chat with me more about it find me in pvp
Disloyal Sam :D
The secret is that you need to boost his accuracy to get the most out of him, he can be quite the power player with the right talents

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Welcome to the message boards Xak.
I do think you gave up too early. WD get lots of amazing and powerful companions all through the game. One of my easiest pirates to play is my WD as she is so powerful. Areas that have given my other pirates fits as they grew through the game, my WD just sailed through. Once things calm down please consider giving it another try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. You can always do a Wiki search on each offered companion and see what stats they can have, and then pick and chose which ones you want.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013

Oh yeah, even if all of the witchdoctor's companions die because of one of those animal companions, we can still win the rest of battle single handedly, or maybe its just me. Anyone else a witchdoctor who can do that? A witchdoctor's powers are the most helpful one for me actually.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
In my opinion the worst companion ever is the eagle archer that musketeers get from the Aquila quest "hello walls" She has the least health no matter how many health talents you give her.
- James Nightingale level 64 musketeer

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
Me I found the batacuda a nice companion (then again, I got him before going to Port Regal). The Sky Snake on the other hand was horrendous. He always missed (even with Second Chance), he did bad damage, and he died more than Kan Po in Cool Ranch. The scorpion was really helpful, The crokogator still has really good stats (though I still feel scammed with Marleybone companions. But on the upside, we get the Ophidian), But the Sky Snake NEVER had a moment of shinning.
Well, at least he make a nice messenger.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nurse Quinn beyond a doubt!!

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Kronosroses on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
In my opinion the worst companion ever is the eagle archer that musketeers get from the Aquila quest "hello walls" She has the least health no matter how many health talents you give her.
- James Nightingale level 64 musketeer
Hey hey hey ok! The Eagle Archer is awseome! And by the way Doctor Noh is awesome as well he is my second mate he always hits.