Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What class and what Presidio Partner?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Hey guys, i'm trying to figure out what class and what Presidio partner to get.

I haven't played as all classes nor have I tried out all of the partners from the Presidio. (For the record, I call companions "Partners". Remember that.) What class do you recommend?

By the way, I thought i'd let you know that I don't want to be a Swashbuckler, since that is my least favorite character, and it's not easy being a delicate character. Plus, some of the Swashbuckler people I meet are...Arrogant.

I'm not sure if I want Dead Mike either, since a lot of people recommend him, and I find him to be quite cliche. Yet there's another part of me who finds Dead Mike to be kinda cool in a way.

So, what are your opinions?

Administrator
Great question! Choosing the right Presidio companion can be a very important part of making a new pirate.

(Actually, I've been interested in seeing if anyone created a new pirate and selected Dead Mike because they had purchased the new Hoodoo bundle and wanted to use the Battle Standard with him.)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
Great question! Choosing the right Presidio companion can be a very important part of making a new pirate.

(Actually, I've been interested in seeing if anyone created a new pirate and selected Dead Mike because they had purchased the new Hoodoo bundle and wanted to use the Battle Standard with him.)
Yeah, that would be kind of cool, since you could use the Battle Standard and buff him up. Sadly, I do not have permission to buy the bundle. (Yet.)

Now, back on topic. And yes, I know what death of your parents gets what partner at the Presidio. However, it's not easy to just ask people what you should get since they all have their own opinions. Here's one of the quotes I got when I mentioned this question to a friend of mine.

"Don't get Milo, he has bad epics"

I disagree. FYI: Everybody doesn't have to have Riposte, you know. Vengeance Strike is good as well. Gracie Conrad doesn't have Riposte and I don't hear anyone complaining about her not having Riposte.

Milo Graytail was my first Presidio Partner, and he became useless at one point, then when he was fully promoted, I found him useful again. I even see him (And his Crown shop Brother Malik) in PvP. Only the best partners are chosen in PvP.

I'm trying out Birgus Latro, since Lofty Shelby has him. I haven't gotten far in the game with her yet, but I will when I finish up my Musketeer, Petty Alicia. Next I do my Privateer and Gaspard Devole, then my Buccaneer with Lucky Jack, and finally my Swashbuckler with Dead Mike.

Could someone explain some more details about all the characters except for Milo, since I already know him? Thanks.