Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Request for smaller stormgate skyway's

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
This isn't a big thing but I just want to request that there be smaller passages between worlds. I find it annoying that they take so long to go through. It just needs to be a teeny bit tinier. I know there are transportalers but some of us don't have many crowns so we want to save the ones we have.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I usually take my ship between worlds (I am a sky-farer, after all ) and I don't think they seem too long. The worlds that go by are interesting to look at and perhaps speculate upon, and then there is also the "sparkly music" (as my youngest daughter in real life puts it). Also in some stormgate skyways there are wrecks that sometimes have treasure in them, which is fun to try for. Mind you, you have to try to avoid the beasties of the strange deeps, but they are only difficult if the skyway you are going through is fairly new to you. Of course, the more challenging the beasties, the greater the treasure...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I have to say I like the length of the stormgate routes. I agree with Anne that seeing the other worlds, guessing at what they might be is quite fun. But the greatest reason I like the length between worlds is because we are pirates, we travel by sailing ship. The current stormgates help to give a sense of how long it takes to travel from one world to the next. In reality, our pirates would not be traveling from one world to the next in a matter of minutes, simply traveling from one edge of a world to another could take weeks of travel by ship. For example, sailing from Cooper's Roost to Fort McMurty would probably take at least a week of traveling. So, traveling between one world and the next should take quite a while. Now I understand that perhaps traveling through a Stormgate shortens the journey as some physists theorise wormholes would, but I still expect the trip to take a bit of time. We are pirates, not wizards we don't simply walk through a magic door and end up in a different world mere seconds later.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
I usually take my ship between worlds (I am a sky-farer, after all ) and I don't think they seem too long. The worlds that go by are interesting to look at and perhaps speculate upon, and then there is also the "sparkly music" (as my youngest daughter in real life puts it). Also in some stormgate skyways there are wrecks that sometimes have treasure in them, which is fun to try for. Mind you, you have to try to avoid the beasties of the strange deeps, but they are only difficult if the skyway you are going through is fairly new to you. Of course, the more challenging the beasties, the greater the treasure...
you know, that "sparkly" music is actually the dungeon music in celestia. even the battle music borrows the celestia battle music. not sure if you knew that, but if you didnt, now you do

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
i have too agree with those who said that they enjoy the current length. I find the areas very well done and pretty and i enjoy analyzing the pictures of possible worlds to visit one day

Community Leader
Also don't forget if you are in the mood for a more speedy transport, use the Transport gate. There's one in each world (Skull Island, Monsquista, Valencia, etc). I can't spell the full word for the actual term of the transport gate. But it will take you directly to that world if needed without having to sail there.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
Also don't forget if you are in the mood for a more speedy transport, use the Transport gate. There's one in each world (Skull Island, Monsquista, Valencia, etc). I can't spell the full word for the actual term of the transport gate. But it will take you directly to that world if needed without having to sail there.
You mean a Transportaler!

Captain
May 13, 2011
Pirates in the Sky on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
You mean a Transportaler!
werent the people in KI fine with portal or teleporter?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
werent the people in KI fine with portal or teleporter?
I am sure they absolutely were. Pirates of the Sky was just being very helpful.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
As an adventurous pirate, I like traveling through the Stormgates. Personally, I don't mind the size of a Stormgates Skyway, although if I need to do a quest in a different world ASAP, I find it takes longer to get there than I would like. I have to admit, though, that the Stormgates are pretty amazing.
When I journeyed through my very first one, a friend of mine who plays Pirate101 described it as "an awesome purple world" and I have to agree here.
So, in conclusion, I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller Stormgates, if it was going to help Pirates get to places they need to go to quicker.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
CdeWinter on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
I have to say I like the length of the stormgate routes. I agree with Anne that seeing the other worlds, guessing at what they might be is quite fun. But the greatest reason I like the length between worlds is because we are pirates, we travel by sailing ship. The current stormgates help to give a sense of how long it takes to travel from one world to the next. In reality, our pirates would not be traveling from one world to the next in a matter of minutes, simply traveling from one edge of a world to another could take weeks of travel by ship. For example, sailing from Cooper's Roost to Fort McMurty would probably take at least a week of traveling. So, traveling between one world and the next should take quite a while. Now I understand that perhaps traveling through a Stormgate shortens the journey as some physists theorise wormholes would, but I still expect the trip to take a bit of time. We are pirates, not wizards we don't simply walk through a magic door and end up in a different world mere seconds later.
Actually, I quite agree with this. As Pirates, not Wizards, technically, we are meant to take long journeys on our ships. I mean, isn't each world quite different? It wouldn't be right if they were closer to each other, because, exactly how different is each world? In the background story, they say some of these worlds have declared war in the past, for shipped goods, gold and riches, food, etc.
Now, wouldn't these "past pirates" have had to travel through the Stormgates too? I think a Stormgates is pretty cool!