Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Better FreeKIGames Dueling Diego Prizes needed!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
It's great that Dueling Diego is now giving P101 prizes. Unfortunately, I'm finding the prizes aren't really worth the effort it takes to play. Please add rare and unique items into the prize tables for each Tier. Please give us a reason to play the game!

Currently, almost all of the prizes are common items (e.g., mid-range ship gear for a particular world readily available in the Bazaar or items that can be bought from vendors with gold). Why would I want to play Dueling Diego for items I can just buy for small amounts of gold in the game?

To clarify, getting aTier 7 code (the highest prize Tier) takes over 20 minutes! So far, for the six Tier 7 codes I've managed to win, I've received nothing except Enclosed Wall Lamps and Statues of St. Hubert. Please give us items that make that kind of investment of time worth the effort!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Froggacuda on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
It's great that Dueling Diego is now giving P101 prizes. Unfortunately, I'm finding the prizes aren't really worth the effort it takes to play. Please add rare and unique items into the prize tables for each Tier. Please give us a reason to play the game!

Currently, almost all of the prizes are common items (e.g., mid-range ship gear for a particular world readily available in the Bazaar or items that can be bought from vendors with gold). Why would I want to play Dueling Diego for items I can just buy for small amounts of gold in the game?

To clarify, getting aTier 7 code (the highest prize Tier) takes over 20 minutes! So far, for the six Tier 7 codes I've managed to win, I've received nothing except Enclosed Wall Lamps and Statues of St. Hubert. Please give us items that make that kind of investment of time worth the effort!
Hi Froggacuda ( Fun name btw ), Welcome to the message boards.
They have just started this so I am sure there will be plenty of room for improving things.
Besides I try to have the outlook that life is too fun to complain about free stuff. I just try to be grateful that KingsIsle had found yet another way to give us more free things and all it costs us is some time and having some fun playing a game. Hey it could just be a high score is all your reward, but no they care enough about us players that they give us free things that we can either use or sell for game gold. I think that is pretty cool.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Wow. Those sound like some sad prizes. Yeah, the prizes could be improved.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I've been playing 10 times per day and my top level is 4 (so far). Most of what I've gotten has been housing items and Gold. Today I did receive a Companion Training Tome so the prizes can be worth it. The rest if I don't like it I can sell for Gold. Can't wait till I get to Level 7! (It will probably take me awhile).

Ensign
Sep 23, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi Froggacuda ( Fun name btw ), Welcome to the message boards.
They have just started this so I am sure there will be plenty of room for improving things.
Besides I try to have the outlook that life is too fun to complain about free stuff. I just try to be grateful that KingsIsle had found yet another way to give us more free things and all it costs us is some time and having some fun playing a game. Hey it could just be a high score is all your reward, but no they care enough about us players that they give us free things that we can either use or sell for game gold. I think that is pretty cool.
Thanks for the welcome!

If what you got out of my post was that I am "complaining about free stuff", I think you may have misunderstood my point.

The KIFreeGames / FreeKIGames (including Dueling Diego) have been around now for quite a number of years. As has been discussed many times over on wizard101central, and, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but none of the games, except for Grub Guardian, are really that much fun. Pretty much the sole reason for playing them is to win prizes. When, the prizes are good, lots of people play the games; when they are not, people don't play.

What I am asking is that KI put better and/or rare/exclusive items in the prize table. This will give folks a reason to play. I want folks (including me) to have a reason to play!

You can see this process unfolding over on pirate101central. For the first few days after Dueling Diego started dropping P101 prizes, lots of folks were farming to find the items. Now that folks have been learning that the prizes are pretty meh and the time investment to get to the higher Tiers is huge, discussion of Dueling Diego has gone dormant.

I'm in the same boat, I'm playing right now simply because I want to figure out the complete prize table (mainly from an OCD perspective :)). This process is almost complete, and once done, I will stop playing as well since nothing has been found that is worth the investment of time.

As an example of what I said about the games "not being that much fun", consider Dueling Diego. The graphics and storyline are cool, but it repeats the same 4 levels with only 1 hard boss and 1 tricky mob monster. After you get good at it, you usually only die in one of 2 ways:
  1. You mess up on the final battle with Roberto because it is completely counter-intuitive! You are safe only when you are aggressively attacking him, but when you move away from him to get him to follow you, he hits you even though he is nowhere near you! I personally call this a bug. The only way to figure out what is happening is through painful trial-and-error.
  2. Fatigue; you end up making very stupid mistakes due to losing focus because of the long repetitive levels, the lack of a pause feature, and the need to constantly use both hands while playing. Some numbers: Getting a Tier 3 code takes at least 6 minutes. Getting a Tier 7 code takes well over 20 minutes.

This is why I say (almost) no one plays the game because it is "fun". The prizes are the incentive to play.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Froggacuda on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome!

If what you got out of my post was that I am "complaining about free stuff", I think you may have misunderstood my point.

The KIFreeGames / FreeKIGames (including Dueling Diego) have been around now for quite a number of years. As has been discussed many times over on wizard101central, and, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but none of the games, except for Grub Guardian, are really that much fun. Pretty much the sole reason for playing them is to win prizes. When, the prizes are good, lots of people play the games; when they are not, people don't play.

What I am asking is that KI put better and/or rare/exclusive items in the prize table. This will give folks a reason to play. I want folks (including me) to have a reason to play!

You can see this process unfolding over on pirate101central. For the first few days after Dueling Diego started dropping P101 prizes, lots of folks were farming to find the items. Now that folks have been learning that the prizes are pretty meh and the time investment to get to the higher Tiers is huge, discussion of Dueling Diego has gone dormant.

I'm in the same boat, I'm playing right now simply because I want to figure out the complete prize table (mainly from an OCD perspective :)). This process is almost complete, and once done, I will stop playing as well since nothing has been found that is worth the investment of time.

As an example of what I said about the games "not being that much fun", consider Dueling Diego. The graphics and storyline are cool, but it repeats the same 4 levels with only 1 hard boss and 1 tricky mob monster. After you get good at it, you usually only die in one of 2 ways:
  1. You mess up on the final battle with Roberto because it is completely counter-intuitive! You are safe only when you are aggressively attacking him, but when you move away from him to get him to follow you, he hits you even though he is nowhere near you! I personally call this a bug. The only way to figure out what is happening is through painful trial-and-error.
  2. Fatigue; you end up making very stupid mistakes due to losing focus because of the long repetitive levels, the lack of a pause feature, and the need to constantly use both hands while playing. Some numbers: Getting a Tier 3 code takes at least 6 minutes. Getting a Tier 7 code takes well over 20 minutes.

This is why I say (almost) no one plays the game because it is "fun". The prizes are the incentive to play.
Ok, I see your point. It is well thought out and quite clear. I am not sure what more that can do though. These games aren't designed to be high brain function stuff lol. Yea higher prizes would be nice. Maybe the tables will be adjusted in time. I am sure that they track playership so hopefully the numbers will speak for themselves.
You seem to be a good thinker. I look forward to seeing what else you apply your, lets say finely analytical thinking to, it's much nicer sounding that OCD . Although OCD has solved may a crime as those details can tell us much.