Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Class Rankings?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
So i was just wondering what class you all think is the best for PVP and explain why. Also if you could state what class you are so i know whether you are just saying your own class is the best pvp class or not. So in my opinion:
My class(es): Swashbuckler, Witchdoctor.
#1 Class: Privateers. With an el toro's buff, and all your accuracy/dodge powers stacked the enemies companions are useless, as even musketeers will miss your musketeer units whilst your boosted companions tear the pirate down. With critical buffs and shielding, it's also a defensive class, but stays offensive simultaneously. Not to mention the heals, which can critical with your buffs. They're definitely the best.
#2 Class: Witchdoctors. They totally dominate with their double mournsong (which i have done and got a double critical, mega and epic hit on a swashbuckler. He was at 387 after the curse damage, and he quit, lol) and their other infinite range spells. They are the only class that reduce all magical damage with ocuboros, including healing and bleeding so enemies will be frantically staying away to avoid being hit with that. Not to mention Mojo storm, which does around 500 damage per enemy in an aoe, which is pretty strong if you ask me. Mojo reaver easily takes 1,100 hp of any swash/buccaneer unit, and jobu's embrace is their way of getting around assassin's shroud poisoning.
#3 Class: Musketeers. They can make every single melee class ineffective as they set up traps and bombs all around the field. With an all musketeer team, the team epic "overwatch" becomes all the more deadly, combined with burst fire damage and the damage the enemy had taken wading through bombs is enough to kill the opponent before they even reach you. However, a witchdoctor's five minions easily demolish these bombs leaving clear paths to travel, and witches have long range spells to counter the musket's wall.
#4 Class: Swashbucklers. They are the 2nd class with critical chance, and have the most attack powers of each of the melee classes. Poison deals some damage, especially with a critical (364 for me) and adding the critical assassin's strike/back stab/ even sneak attack is pretty darn deadly. They can supposedly prevent all healing with Assassin's shroud (only prevents single target healing, not group ones) and then take enemies out with a critical assassin's strike. They also dodge a lot, on my swashbuckler with Toro buff and elusive my dodge is 232.5, so let's just say i'll dodge everything the enemy throws at me. They totally make any melee units useless as first strike + riposte can kill any opponent.
#5 Class: Buccaneers. Sure reckless frenzy is an auto kill on musketeers and witches, it's still bugged and called an unfair win. Their attacks are lousy, the 3rd one isn't as strong as swashbucklers first attack. Their defenses are useless against a witch, and plus with lowish accuracy and only 4 attack powers, it takes forever to beat anyone.

Merciless Jean Percy 65
Jack Ramsey, 65

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
DeathWiz101378 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
So i was just wondering what class you all think is the best for PVP and explain why. Also if you could state what class you are so i know whether you are just saying your own class is the best pvp class or not. So in my opinion:
My class(es): Swashbuckler, Witchdoctor.
#1 Class: Privateers. With an el toro's buff, and all your accuracy/dodge powers stacked the enemies companions are useless, as even musketeers will miss your musketeer units whilst your boosted companions tear the pirate down. With critical buffs and shielding, it's also a defensive class, but stays offensive simultaneously. Not to mention the heals, which can critical with your buffs. They're definitely the best.
#2 Class: Witchdoctors. They totally dominate with their double mournsong (which i have done and got a double critical, mega and epic hit on a swashbuckler. He was at 387 after the curse damage, and he quit, lol) and their other infinite range spells. They are the only class that reduce all magical damage with ocuboros, including healing and bleeding so enemies will be frantically staying away to avoid being hit with that. Not to mention Mojo storm, which does around 500 damage per enemy in an aoe, which is pretty strong if you ask me. Mojo reaver easily takes 1,100 hp of any swash/buccaneer unit, and jobu's embrace is their way of getting around assassin's shroud poisoning.
#3 Class: Musketeers. They can make every single melee class ineffective as they set up traps and bombs all around the field. With an all musketeer team, the team epic "overwatch" becomes all the more deadly, combined with burst fire damage and the damage the enemy had taken wading through bombs is enough to kill the opponent before they even reach you. However, a witchdoctor's five minions easily demolish these bombs leaving clear paths to travel, and witches have long range spells to counter the musket's wall.
#4 Class: Swashbucklers. They are the 2nd class with critical chance, and have the most attack powers of each of the melee classes. Poison deals some damage, especially with a critical (364 for me) and adding the critical assassin's strike/back stab/ even sneak attack is pretty darn deadly. They can supposedly prevent all healing with Assassin's shroud (only prevents single target healing, not group ones) and then take enemies out with a critical assassin's strike. They also dodge a lot, on my swashbuckler with Toro buff and elusive my dodge is 232.5, so let's just say i'll dodge everything the enemy throws at me. They totally make any melee units useless as first strike + riposte can kill any opponent.
#5 Class: Buccaneers. Sure reckless frenzy is an auto kill on musketeers and witches, it's still bugged and called an unfair win. Their attacks are lousy, the 3rd one isn't as strong as swashbucklers first attack. Their defenses are useless against a witch, and plus with lowish accuracy and only 4 attack powers, it takes forever to beat anyone.

Merciless Jean Percy 65
Jack Ramsey, 65
Definitely privateers or witchdoctors are best for pvp. Privateers has the most and best boosts, heals, and they can serve as a great tank like buccaneers. Witchdoctors have infinite range attacks, mojo reaver, the most powers, and the two epic talents they have (mojo echo and mojo rising) are fantastic epic talents to have.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
All classes are equal, you just need to know how to use that class.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
My class: All of them.
1. Privateers: Privateers can increase almost everything a companion would want. Plus with good gear they are almost unstoppable.
2.Witchdoctors: They have an endless bag of tricks up their sleeve. Some of those have a very large range. They can get good gear with valor armor.
3. Musketeers: They can practically kill the enemy before the enemy get's close. However, privateers strategy does not involve getting close and witch doctors can hit from far away.
4. Swashbucklers: Very dodgy class, high damage. Swashbucklers were built to destroy Buccaneers.
5. Buccaneers: They may have high armor but there are many ways to hit around it making it almost useless. Buccaneers can't help out their companions at all except for one or two heals so all you have to do is take out the buccaneers companions and your left with a weak hitting enemy.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Witchdoctors are number 1. We have free health care. And we eat maple syrup all day. Not true, but sing it in a tune and witchdoctors replaced Canada in that made up song.