Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

battle graphics

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 15, 2014
is there any way to set it so the basic battles go by faster, like skip showing the char runing and setting up there attack?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
cyberfang2x on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
is there any way to set it so the basic battles go by faster, like skip showing the char runing and setting up there attack?
I enjoy watching them. I hope if this ever happens it is totally optional. But I totally understand that everyone enjoys different things in the game. Intriguing question though.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Yes I get rather irritated when I am desperate in farming and El toro decides to do his 5 second epic hit. But c'mon man, skipping a battle scene makes the game dull! It would be like:
Chapter 1:
Frodo Baggins receives a ring.
Chapter 2:
Frodo Baggins throws the ring into a volcano, and saves the world. The end.

I would rather skip dialogue. When I was farming Phule for his mask (which I have never gotten), the first 30 seconds really annoy me! I mean do I really need another explanation that I have to defeat servus carbo again?I could have done an extra dungeon by then! I usually do 30 runs of Phule per day when I farm him, so 30 x 30 seconds is 900seconds! That's 15 mins of dialogue in my session of farming! The problem is that even though some dialogue's are skip able like the Friar, I can't skip this type of dialogue :(

Ensign
Dec 28, 2012
Changing the speed of battle animations would be pretty hard to make optional, because multiple players can view it at the same time. I can just imagine the shouting "omg noob turn your battle speed up"...

Captain
May 13, 2011
are you forgetting this is online? even if you can turn it off, you would still have to wait a long time if its on for other people

Captain
May 13, 2011
Golden Guardian on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Yes I get rather irritated when I am desperate in farming and El toro decides to do his 5 second epic hit. But c'mon man, skipping a battle scene makes the game dull! It would be like:
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:

I would rather skip dialogue. When I was farming Phule for his mask (which I have never gotten), the first 30 seconds really annoy me! I mean do I really need another explanation that I have to defeat servus carbo again?I could have done an extra dungeon by then! I usually do 30 runs of Phule per day when I farm him, so 30 x 30 seconds is 900seconds! That's 15 mins of dialogue in my session of farming! The problem is that even though some dialogue's are skip able like the Friar, I can't skip this type of dialogue :(
i know. farming friar sand is annoying because of that dialogue. what does phules gear do to make people want them so badly though?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:

Your summation and LOTR example are priceless. Just brilliant.
I kind of see your point here. At first I bristled because I am a HUGE fan of the writing and the voice actors and then I slowed down to read the rest of it. Yea I agree that to have it all optional would be nice. I totally luxuriated the first several voice performances but I, like you will admit to spacing through all of when I am farming. Yea have the voice stuff there for us to enjoy but to be able to skip it once it is ingrained enough to be able to 'Milli Vanilli' the whole thing.