Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Captain Swing not repeatable?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
For some reason after completing the quest V is for Vulpine, Captain Swing no longer appears to fight us. This makes it difficult for people farm him as he has some desirable gear.

Is this intentional?

Ensign
Nov 27, 2012
Since when were companion fights repeatable?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Brian Bowman on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Since when were companion fights repeatable?
He is saying they should be since if the developers gave him unique gear, why wouldn't they let him be farmable?

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Hmm, I went and looked and he is in fact not there, but the battle is still the same. You get to pick your companions and level 25 enemies will join in the middle. I'd imagine this is a bug because other promotion bosses with good items can be fought more then once. Cadmus, for example.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
So far, I have faced two bosses that are not repeatable once the quest Is complete. The battle has been repeatable as long as the quest is active. The first quest was the “Treasure of the Sierra Padre” in Treasure Cave – Banditoad Trail – Santa Pollo for a Birgus Latro promotion. The second one is “Kidnapped!” In The Vortex of Discord – Khotan Skyway – MooShu with Akutor for a Sarah Steel promotion.

Ensign
Oct 12, 2012
So, I've looked all over the internet and asked quite a few in game people but no one seems to have the answer to the question. All I want to know is if he still drops gear, even when he doesn't physically show in the fight. I've seen people with Swing gear, and I'm assuming they didn't collect the entire outfit from just the promotion fight. They must have farmed it, but the one's I've asked won't admit to it. It would be nice if it was confirmed that he's repeatable, and if he's not, KingsIsle really needs to jump on that. It would take away the rarity of the items, but man they are funky and I would like to get them...

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Captain Swing is repeatable but you have to go to his secret tunnel not his lair. As well, there is no sigil by his entrance so these two things are what confuse most people. Anyways, Captain Swing's entrance is directly to the right as soon as you enter Isle of Dogs Sewers. I believe you have to completely finish the promotion quest before you can farm him again. I know it's that way with Cadmus. Also, he drops his full set of clothing (hat, outfit, and boots).

Community Leader
Wicked Victor Arms... on Jan 28, 2014 wrote:
Captain Swing is repeatable but you have to go to his secret tunnel not his lair. As well, there is no sigil by his entrance so these two things are what confuse most people. Anyways, Captain Swing's entrance is directly to the right as soon as you enter Isle of Dogs Sewers. I believe you have to completely finish the promotion quest before you can farm him again. I know it's that way with Cadmus. Also, he drops his full set of clothing (hat, outfit, and boots).
I have handed in Bonnie's promo quest and can confirm for you that Captain Swing does not show up in the Secret Tunnel afterwards. He isn't repeatable after you complete that last quest, meaning no chance at the unique gear.

Personally, this is the #1 thing I'll be looking forward to in the next set of updates!

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/