Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Oh my goodness, so annoying...

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I know lots of people have had problems with this, but I recently received a blind friend request in St. Bonobo's Abbey from a menu chat boy in Monquista gear. I think his name was Stormy, but I forget the rest. When I found him, he had infiltrated my Bison Frigate and was imitating me "piloting" the ship. So I decided to board the ship myself.
So I was sailing down Monquistador windlanes while the boy stayed in my hair. Eventually, I decided on a plan to finally get this guy away. I flew through the Stormgate back to Skull Island, went to Flotsam Skyway, went to Cool Ranch, then got in a battle with Buffaloons. I fled and drank a mojo potion when I returned to Cooper's Roost. He and his Ronin were left to endure the Buffaloon's headbutts.

Have any of you had problems like this? Please ask.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I believe you can go to the top ship menu from where you can un-bottle a ship and press Eject Passengers.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I know lots of people have had problems with this, but I recently received a blind friend request in St. Bonobo's Abbey from a menu chat boy in Monquista gear. I think his name was Stormy, but I forget the rest. When I found him, he had infiltrated my Bison Frigate and was imitating me "piloting" the ship. So I decided to board the ship myself.
So I was sailing down Monquistador windlanes while the boy stayed in my hair. Eventually, I decided on a plan to finally get this guy away. I flew through the Stormgate back to Skull Island, went to Flotsam Skyway, went to Cool Ranch, then got in a battle with Buffaloons. I fled and drank a mojo potion when I returned to Cooper's Roost. He and his Ronin were left to endure the Buffaloon's headbutts.

No, I get blind friend requests, which I usually decline, but I'm not insulted by someone wanting to be my friend. I just don't have room for menu chat only friends on my list. As for him annoying you on your ship, you could put him on your ignore list and make him walk the plank if he was being rude. If he broke the terms of use with KI you could even report him, but honestly, from the details you gave you seem a little too easily upset. Have fun, and God bless you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Mark Laveer on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:

If it was your ship, when you fled he would have just been deposited at the last life fountain he had been to. If you do not want someone on your ship you can just make them 'Walk the plank' which will just send them to the last life fountain. Then just turn your port's off or unfriend the person.
When I do such things I tend to go into 'Hide' mode so the person thinks I lost connections and went off line, then I take them off my list. Just my way of sparing feelings. I know they can find out if they search the whole list, I just hope they don't bother, then I don't have to worry about them any more.

Captain
May 13, 2011
i got tons of blind friend requests in both wizard and pirate. why? just because im a high lvl on both games i want to be your friend? from what i read when i was in the commons, one even had to constantly decline friend requests from the same person. im starting to wonder if anyone even knows what "friend" means anymore

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
i got tons of blind friend requests in both wizard and pirate. why? just because im a high lvl on both games i want to be your friend? from what i read when i was in the commons, one even had to constantly decline friend requests from the same person. im starting to wonder if anyone even knows what "friend" means anymore
I wonder if there is a way to limit requests to one person to one per minute? I know on Wiz they won't let you say the same thing repeatedly, although that does get to be a pain when you mistakenly say something to the room and you meant to private message it so you have to say it synonymously, but that is a minor irritant.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to limit requests to one person to one per minute? I know on Wiz they won't let you say the same thing repeatedly, although that does get to be a pain when you mistakenly say something to the room and you meant to private message it so you have to say it synonymously, but that is a minor irritant.
i dont think there has to be a limit. theres an option to prevent people from friending you right?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
i dont think there has to be a limit. theres an option to prevent people from friending you right?
You are right, there is. I just don't like to keep it turned off all of the time. It is an effective tool to stop a friend request spammer though. Well said.