Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Bonnie Anne over-rated?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 16, 2013
I have been lately hearing people talk about Bonnie Anne. Do you think she is over-rated? Comment according to stats, appearance, etc
- Quick Austin Silver Level 54 - Swashbuckler
- Quiet Patrick Inglewood Level 65-Witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Quiet Patrick Ingl... on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
I have been lately hearing people talk about Bonnie Anne. Do you think she is over-rated? Comment according to stats, appearance, etc
Hi Patrick. Welcome to the message boards. I, personally love my Bonnie Anne. She has skills that help out in so many ways and has saved my pirate's tush more times than I can count. She does need my protection, which I freely give and she need to be kept trained and given the abilities she needs. She is one of the strong companions that is versatile enough to help with almost every boss.

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi Patrick,

Welcome at the message boards you will love it here, i am sure of it.

Bonnie is great, you need to keep her close to you, train her well, with burst fire for example and then she will be a great help with fights, sometimes she hits 4 times, and when she defeat an enemy double tap triggers and she continues shooting great companion.

Blaze

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
Hi Patrick. Welcome to the message boards. I, personally love my Bonnie Anne. She has skills that help out in so many ways and has saved my pirate's tush more times than I can count. She does need my protection, which I freely give and she need to be kept trained and given the abilities she needs. She is one of the strong companions that is versatile enough to help with almost every boss.
I agree Chrissy- you summed up her importance by mentioning her versatility in boss battles. I use her quite often against many enemies and have her near the top of my companion list. Like you wisely stated, protect her, train her properly and she will compliment your pirate very well in battle.

By the way she says she is still sorry about her tail.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
My bonnie and lefty can take out an enemy easily lol thx bonnie and lefty

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Personally, i hate bonnie anne. Firstly, everyone uses her. It's annoying because i have to also, but she never benifits me. She NEVER gets her burst fires until theres all four of us against the pirate and he's going to die anyways. Even when i increase her agility (one time i had Great juju, Big juju and sky spirit and max agility- approximately 584 agility) and she attacked a privateer (with 37 agility) and didn't burst. And she attacked him 3 times without bursting,
She's definitely overrated, Zeena is a much better companion. Sure, range of four is kinda annoying, but her powers (2 fire powers) are the best way to kill when on red team. Plus, i've seen bonnie miss Zeena a heck of a lot of the time just because Zeena had El Toro's espirit de corps buff. Bonnie is only good because of her heal, and the reduce dodge power comes in handy. And privateers love it when they trigger stock assault thanks to zeal and espirit.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Nah, for me, Bonnie Anne is pretty good! She is a great mix of close combat and long range, considering her Stock Assault Epic and move!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
warriorscreed on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Nah, for me, Bonnie Anne is pretty good! She is a great mix of close combat and long range, considering her Stock Assault Epic and move!
Does she get stock assault on her second promotion or first

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
None of the above. She gets it on her 4th.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
None of the above. She gets it on her 4th.
I found that out myself after promoting bonnie to sniper oh well now she has quick draw overwatch double tap and burst fire

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Based on my experience as a pirate101 player, in my opinion Bonnie Anne is a great companion. She got a lot of powerful moves,to help beat tough bosses and quests. As a Buccaneer in Cool Ranch,this companion have helped me progress to Port Regale in Skull Island as my current quest as a Buccaneer.

I highly recommend her as a first crew mate when comes to face tough quests and bosses.

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Hey Patrick! Personally, I love Bonnie Anne thanks to her voice (got to love the voice) and her Scatterblast attack. As she promotes higher and higher, her range expands. I don't quite get her healing power, but she packs quite a powerful punch, or should I say blast.

Rule

Ensign
May 14, 2009
No and yes i use her on my privateer and she is the best musketeer i have including the yule trogg i have. Though i am only in cool ranch. On my musketeer she isn't useful at all compared to all the other musketeers companions you get in all the worlds including aquila. On types that don't get great muskteer companions she is not over-rated but on types like musketeers who get much better musketeers then her she sounds a little over- rated. So it really depends, your opinion could change based on what your comparing he to. For example compared to Luis le bisque she is not over-rated at all she is great compared to him so what people say about her being good shows but compared to someone like duck holiday she sounds really over-rated because some people say she is so great but compared to him she isn't really that good.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
third promotion

Ensign
Apr 08, 2012
Hi

I think that Bonnie Anne could be a very helpful companion. The trick is you have to put good epics on her. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think she comes with overwatch. After that I made a huge mistake and gave her a double tap epic, when I should have gave her a burst fire. So I recommend to give Bonnie Anne a burst fire the first time you promote her. Then maybe give her a double tap when she's a sniper or something.

Witty Warwick Windlass
Witch Doctor

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
I also used to feel she was over rated back when I was foolish pirate, but since her recent upgrade to Highlander I have come to love her abilities. As a musketeer her rouse is always needed because that ability is rare among my crew and her long range coupled with burst fire gives her an edge over most enemies. Stick with her and she will become an intricate part of your crew's success.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
King Crumblesplat on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi

I think that Bonnie Anne could be a very helpful companion. The trick is you have to put good epics on her. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think she comes with overwatch. After that I made a huge mistake and gave her a double tap epic, when I should have gave her a burst fire. So I recommend to give Bonnie Anne a burst fire the first time you promote her. Then maybe give her a double tap when she's a sniper or something.

Witty Warwick Windlass
Witch Doctor
Welcome to the message boards Warwick. You can retrain your Bonnie Anne to correct you mistake if you like. I did a lot of retraining on my first two pirates as they grew pretty evenly and at that time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to companion training. Mine has burst fire level 2, and double tap level 1 as she is often the one to finish off someone and I love it when she double taps on a kill and then burst fires the next target into a greasy spot into the ground. I really don't remember when I gave each but both are quite valuable to me. On my older Bonnie's I also gave her quick draw. She is one of my main power players for sure.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Well, I barley use my Bonnie Anne. On my Whichdoctor account, I have all of the companions possible (because I'm a level 65,) and out of all of them Bonnie Anne is last. She's only to her 2 promotion! The reason why she's not benched is because I don't do benching.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Well, I barley use my Bonnie Anne. On my Whichdoctor account, I have all of the companions possible (because I'm a level 65,) and out of all of them Bonnie Anne is last. She's only to her 2 promotion! The reason why she's not benched is because I don't do benching.
If you were to do her promotions you will be amazed at how powerful she will be for you. I strongly suggest you train her up and she will reward you greatly.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
Bonnie Anne is a boss. That's all I can say...
I'm only level 30, so she is still a Sharpshooter, but wow! She is epic!!! :D

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
If you were to do her promotions you will be amazed at how powerful she will be for you. I strongly suggest you train her up and she will reward you greatly.
Yes, I know, my brother has the highest Bonnie Anne there is. The thing is that my brother and I like to be unique (I know it sound immature) so he likes Bonnie Anne and I like Ratbeard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Yes, I know, my brother has the highest Bonnie Anne there is. The thing is that my brother and I like to be unique (I know it sound immature) so he likes Bonnie Anne and I like Ratbeard.
There is nothing immature about wanting to be unique. It is the unique thinkers out there that invent all the wonderful things that weren't there to make their world more unique for them. I am positive that all the creative minds that make this game are very unique individuals, each and every one.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
I think Bonnie Anne is one of the best musketeer companions in the entire game (second only to the Aquilan eagle Zeena) . So no she's not over-rated.

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
Honestly i've heard that about Bonnie Anne, but imo it's not ture i love bonie anne and has been on of my top companions since i started playing