Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

marleybone ships are getting out of hand

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but i'm having so much trouble fighting marleybone ships, particularly the ones in port regal. their to powerful, they heal to much and I seem to have bad accuracy against them. I decided to float just off where they spawn and attack them one at a time, as far away as possible. this hardly helped anything, and instead I discovered that marelybone ships never attacked me one on one. even a ship just at he edge of my field of vision will wander over and start attacking me, quickly dropping my ships health to yellow if i'm lucky, and red if I try to escape. I can destroy pretty much any ship one on one, but marleybone ships just wont attack one on one. I thought I could fix this problem by getting as close to them as possible and letting my ship drop to yellow then back up as they sail toward you to board you, leading them away from their fellow ships. every time I tried this one of two things would happen, either the ship I was fighting would be in yellow health for to long and just quit fighting. the target turned yellow, and crossed out and I could attack that anymore. (is that normal?) very frustrating when I was about to sink them. another thing that would happen, which I've encountered way to much, is I would be fighting a ship and everything would be going my way, when all he sudden, another ship spawns behind me and catches me in a crossfire! this seems to happen late in a battle and I have to either enter combat or try to run. the marleybone officers are hard kill and I typically loose companions. I don't pride myself on naval combat, bt marleybone ships are giving me the worst time and it took me forever to defeat the ten marleybone ships for catbeard. did anyone else have these issues in combat or is it just me?

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I actually found them easy. If you get the marleybone skiff and beef it up then their not that hard.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
I know exactly what you are talking about. Your nautical level is too low. I have had to do a lot of Deck side battles because of this. It's just a part of naval battles. By the way whenever you back out too much from an enemy ship, they assume you are done battling, their health bar gets foggy looking, and they start to regen. This is used so if a pirate starts battling another ship, then leaves to heal up, when they return, the enemy will be fully healed. It's just a way to keep fairness.

Hope this helps! Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
iateaunicorn12 on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem, but i'm having so much trouble fighting marleybone ships, particularly the ones in port regal. their to powerful, they heal to much and I seem to have bad accuracy against them. I decided to float just off where they spawn and attack them one at a time, as far away as possible. this hardly helped anything, and instead I discovered that marelybone ships never attacked me one on one. even a ship just at he edge of my field of vision will wander over and start attacking me, quickly dropping my ships health to yellow if i'm lucky, and red if I try to escape. I can destroy pretty much any ship one on one, but marleybone ships just wont attack one on one. I thought I could fix this problem by getting as close to them as possible and letting my ship drop to yellow then back up as they sail toward you to board you, leading them away from their fellow ships. every time I tried this one of two things would happen, either the ship I was fighting would be in yellow health for to long and just quit fighting. the target turned yellow, and crossed out and I could attack that anymore. (is that normal?) very frustrating when I was about to sink them. another thing that would happen, which I've encountered way to much, is I would be fighting a ship and everything would be going my way, when all he sudden, another ship spawns behind me and catches me in a crossfire! this seems to happen late in a battle and I have to either enter combat or try to run. the marleybone officers are hard kill and I typically loose companions. I don't pride myself on naval combat, bt marleybone ships are giving me the worst time and it took me forever to defeat the ten marleybone ships for catbeard. did anyone else have these issues in combat or is it just me?
It sounds like it might be time to invest in a new ship. Your nautical level may be too low and you might need to stop for a bit and work on it. That is the very reason you cannot neglect that aspect of a training of sorts. You need to do some work to get your nautical xp up so you can get better ships.
It is possible to isolate one ship at a time. Sometimes they are tricky and tend to cluster a bit. Just sail around a bit to find that straggler. Timing matters too. When you see that straggler wait until his neighbors are heading the other way and place yourself as far away from them as possible and keep yourself in the yellow zone. When you attack up close and your target circle is red, it attracts the other ships like they have sent out an SOS. You need to be sneaky. Find that straggler and wait until the others aren't looking and dart in and strike quickly and then get out of the way. Sometimes its best to back off and use a heal before you go in for the wreckage. It will wait a bit, you have time to do a quick repair before you sneak back for your booty.
If the ships are too tightly clustered then change realms. The patterns are random and will be different on another realm. Once you find a good sniper spot then change realms to find your straggler.
The combination of skill, patience and having a decent ship under you will make this part of the game much easier for you.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
thanks guys. I got a bison galleon and have seen major improvements. shout out to drparrot. I didn't know that and its helped a lot to stay close to them

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Next time to avoid getting teamed, try attacking those ships isolated at the edges and fight them on the side where none of their friends are. For me it works 80% of the time(sometimes ships will home in on you no matter how far unless it takes them out of patrol zone.).

Level 65 Buccaneer
Level 23 Swashbuckler