Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your favorite battle crew?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Mine just has to be the following (For my swashbuckler)
1. Ninja Pig
2. Sarah Steele
3. El Tiburon
4. Froggo Villa
5. Holkun Doomhorn

If I get just ones from that list then the battle goes by quickly.

Also do you prefer certain companions to others via class? (Like how I like my crew to be mainly swash bucklers with a few Buccaneers)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
For me, my greatest battlers for my Lvl. 65would have to be the following:
1: Samocles (Eagle Gladiator). Riposte 2, Relentless 1, First Strike 1, and Critical Strike 1.
Avis Avorius(Eagle Hoplite). Riposte 2, Relentless 1, First Strike 1, and Critical Strike1 .
3. Goronado (Gorilla Warlord). Turn the Tide 1, Vengeance Strike 1, Blade Storm 1, Relentless 1, Vicious Strike, and Gorilla Warfare.
4: Wagyu Sanjuro (Bull Samoorai Lord). Riposte 2, Relentless 1, First Strike 1, Critical Strike 3, and Swashbuckler's Stab.
5: Naucisa (Centaur Queen). Critical Strike 3, Critical Strike 2, Critical Strike 1, Centaur's Charge, Quick Adjust 1, Burst Fire 2, True Grit 2, and Double Tap 1.
(Bonus Entry)6. Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Troggy High Chief). Assassin's Mist, Readied Spell 1, Mojo Echo 1, and Coward's Bane 1.
There you have it! My best 6 companions for fast fights! Hope you like this list!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
I like all of my companions in a battle as long as it isn't low leavel ones due to high cost of training points.

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
I don't have a favorite crew but I do have favorite characters. My favorite characters are: The Batacuda (it's actually the first mate on my witchdoctor. I just love the concept of a flying fish with jaws of steel that chomp your enemies. Would love it to promote!), Tricky Vinny (was so disappointed he didn't have any gun attacks like critical strike. He's a mob frog and only shoots enemies in the back, which happens vary rarely for me.), Toreador Novillero (my silent swashbuckling horse. I was actually looking forward to him being my first mate but he has no voice work. He just neighs which is fine but nothing when you have him attack an enemy. That's the fun part in battle, hearing what they will say when they attack.), and Mormo (I just love it when he talks after stuff that Old Scratch does. "Mormo could have done that" I hope they have more dialogue bits with the two chatting.)

As you can see I'm more of a fan of the not so special companions. The kind that don't have the epic skills of the main ones nor the super awesome strengths, but they are my favorite and get the glory first row shine status in my books.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Rosethorn on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I don't have a favorite crew but I do have favorite characters. My favorite characters are: The Batacuda (it's actually the first mate on my witchdoctor. I just love the concept of a flying fish with jaws of steel that chomp your enemies. Would love it to promote!), Tricky Vinny (was so disappointed he didn't have any gun attacks like critical strike. He's a mob frog and only shoots enemies in the back, which happens vary rarely for me.), Toreador Novillero (my silent swashbuckling horse. I was actually looking forward to him being my first mate but he has no voice work. He just neighs which is fine but nothing when you have him attack an enemy. That's the fun part in battle, hearing what they will say when they attack.), and Mormo (I just love it when he talks after stuff that Old Scratch does. "Mormo could have done that" I hope they have more dialogue bits with the two chatting.)

As you can see I'm more of a fan of the not so special companions. The kind that don't have the epic skills of the main ones nor the super awesome strengths, but they are my favorite and get the glory first row shine status in my books.
Welcome to the boards Captain Rosethorn Hope your experiences here are pleasant- they should no doubt be with all of the wonderful and friendly posters here.

I think that it is great that you embrace the so called 'less-desirable' companions. True they may not be as strong or possess the powers the other favorites do but that can provide for a more challenging game- and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with facing challenges. Plus, they are your pirates, your gaming experience and ,rightfully so, you should enjoy it to the fullest. There is something to be said for going against the norm and finding what makes the game fun for you- and you said it very well.

Again, welcome to the boards and good luck in the Spiral and in life!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Rachel Dreamsong on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Mine just has to be the following (For my swashbuckler)
1. Ninja Pig
2. Sarah Steele
3. El Tiburon
4. Froggo Villa
5. Holkun Doomhorn

If I get just ones from that list then the battle goes by quickly.

Also do you prefer certain companions to others via class? (Like how I like my crew to be mainly swash bucklers with a few Buccaneers)
XD this is so outdated now here is my newest

1. Sarah Steele (Melee enemies be warned, she is very mighty )
2. Holkun (He is great and is certainly staying on my top list for a long time)
3. Nausica (Her criticals and speed are very good, not to mention she is an anti musketeer, which helps)
4. El Toro *music* (He is great as support and is not bad himself with his riposte and relentless)
5. Ninja Pig (I still love him very much even though he is only 5th now, When teamed with El Toro *music*, and Sarah/Holkun we can wreck MANY Armada troops quickly)

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Valkoor: Thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking around for quite a long time without ever bothering to post. When I saw this board, I felt that I wanted to share my unusual experience with my crew. You are right and that it is a challenge to play the game this way. However, I haven't started dying any until I hit Cool Ranch. Scorpions are evil!!

Rachel: I too have a Ninja Pig and he is such fun. I gave him flanking and when I place him with my Swashbuckler or my own Sarah Steel, or even Ratbeard it's fun watching them work together to take down the enemies. Actually the jumps alone make me giggle each time. We just go "Boing! Boing!" all over the place, and first strike our foes into submission.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Rosethorn on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Valkoor: Thank you for the welcome. I've been lurking around for quite a long time without ever bothering to post. When I saw this board, I felt that I wanted to share my unusual experience with my crew. You are right and that it is a challenge to play the game this way. However, I haven't started dying any until I hit Cool Ranch. Scorpions are evil!!

Rachel: I too have a Ninja Pig and he is such fun. I gave him flanking and when I place him with my Swashbuckler or my own Sarah Steel, or even Ratbeard it's fun watching them work together to take down the enemies. Actually the jumps alone make me giggle each time. We just go "Boing! Boing!" all over the place, and first strike our foes into submission.
You are welcome and glad to have you aboard...the boards.

Glad you chose to share and start posting....and yes the scorpions can be brutal, for sure. The buffalloons can be as well. Seems that Cool Ranch is the first time a lot of pirates start to get tested. For one it is a looooong world. And the enemies start to amp it up a bit- and have more epic talents. So you really have to start using strategies and pay attention to what talents they have or it can be a bit of a pain for your pirate.

Smooth Sailing Captain and good luck!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
My favorite team (for my witch doctor) is as following:

1. my crokagator companion (witch doctor only)
2. Milo graytail (the storm presidio companion)
3. Kan Po (goat master) [Witch doctor only starter]
4. Bonnie Anne (fox highlander)
5. Ju Hao (inoshishi bandit)

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
Mine would have to be:
1. Sarah Steele she has great damage and really great with walk in shadows
2. Hank Eastwood (chicken miner) he is my main damage dealer
3. Bart Bass (weasel gambler) my best musketeer with burst fire and quick adjust
4. Rooster Cogburn really good with burst fire and quick adjust
5. Mustang Toreador riposte if you can

My least favorite is either my Crazy monkey guy or Old Scratch.

Rule

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
My crew is this
Birgus Latro crab body gaurd with turn the tide vengeance strike blade storm and first strike he is a tank and with critically all the time helps
Lefty with overwatch and burst fire he can give out so much damage and protects my witchdoctor
And bonnie Anne at sharp shooter she is good behind lefty and healing him keeps him alive

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Dec 10, 2013 wrote:
For me, my greatest battlers for my Lvl. 65would have to be the following:
1: Samocles (Eagle Gladiator). Riposte 2, Relentless 1, First Strike 1, and Critical Strike 1.
Avis Avorius(Eagle Hoplite). Riposte 2, Relentless 1, First Strike 1, and Critical Strike1 .
3. Goronado (Gorilla Warlord). Turn the Tide 1, Vengeance Strike 1, Blade Storm 1, Relentless 1, Vicious Strike, and Gorilla Warfare.
4: Wagyu Sanjuro (Bull Samoorai Lord). Riposte 2, Relentless 1, First Strike 1, Critical Strike 3, and Swashbuckler's Stab.
5: Naucisa (Centaur Queen). Critical Strike 3, Critical Strike 2, Critical Strike 1, Centaur's Charge, Quick Adjust 1, Burst Fire 2, True Grit 2, and Double Tap 1.
(Bonus Entry)6. Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah (Troggy High Chief). Assassin's Mist, Readied Spell 1, Mojo Echo 1, and Coward's Bane 1.
There you have it! My best 6 companions for fast fights! Hope you like this list!
UPDATE!

1: (Firstmate) Kawil Doomclaw( Raptor Nightstalker) First Strike 1, Riposte 2, Relentless 1, Critical Strike 3.

2: Naucisa: (Centaur Queen) Critical Strikes 3,2, and 1. Centaur's Charge, True Grit 2, Burst Fire 2, Quick Adjust 1, Double Tap 1.

3: Prince Yulefest: (Nutcracker Soldier) Quick Adjust 1, True Grit 1, Overwatch 1.

4: Goronado: (Gorilla Warlord) Gorilla Warfare, Vicious Strike, Turn the Tide 1, Vengeance Strike 1, Relentless 1, Blade Storm 1.

5: Lightning Ninja: (Ninja Pig Shinobi) Relentless 1, Riposte 1, Blade Storm 1, First Strike 1.

(BONUS ENTRY!!) 6. Icky Harry(Mistle Toad) True Grit 1, Quick Draw 1, Double Tap 1.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Witty Gavin on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Mine would have to be:
1. Sarah Steele she has great damage and really great with walk in shadows
2. Hank Eastwood (chicken miner) he is my main damage dealer
3. Bart Bass (weasel gambler) my best musketeer with burst fire and quick adjust
4. Rooster Cogburn really good with burst fire and quick adjust
5. Mustang Toreador riposte if you can

My least favorite is either my Crazy monkey guy or Old Scratch.

Rule
Yea I was really surprised how powerful that weasel gambler can be, good choices.
Sigh with the excepting of excluding poor Scratchy. All you Scratchy rejectors are really missing out on a high damage bringer for your crew. Yes, he can fizzle and once in a while but when he gets his Mojo Echo x2 & Improved Mojo Blast x2 and gets on a roll you would not believe the havoc he wreaks. When I pair him with the Necromancer Pig with them able to share the same buffs, they really clean the board. I will admit that the Pig is more reliable with his Jobu's Ruse, but they make a great team. All in my humble opinion but I just like to share stuff that really helps others and that power team has saved my tush more times than I can count.

Ensign
Dec 05, 2012
my favorite companions for witchdoctor:

1.Dead Mike ( really good in combat ) undead avenger 2. Mormo ( best witch doctor around ) water mole obeah 3.Kan Po goat master 4. Bosun Budd undead zombie 5. Argos cyclops explorer

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
My new favorite battle crew is the following:
1. Serpent augur (witch doctor only)
2.Bonnie Anne (highlander)
3. Ratbeard (admiral)
4. El toro (champion)
5. Ju Hao (inoshishi bandit)

If even get only my serpent augur the fight goes by so fast.

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 64 witch doctor

Community Leader
Here are my Favourite Companions to have in battle with me;

1. Bonnie Anne
  2. Hawkules
  3. Kobe Yojimbo/Wagyu Sanjuro
  4. Kan Po/Keisuke Yagi
  5. Sarah Steele/Lucy Sterling
  6. Subodai/Temujin

I've never entered a battle without at least one of them! :D

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I try and pair Nausica with Zeena (currently firstmate and second-mate), as I can deal (and dodge) my way around most things whilst the two archers can Burst Fire their way to severely maiming another enemy. I also usually want El Toro or Samocles with me as well, as two Swashbucklers and two Musketeers provide the perfect balance of battleboard destruction

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
New favorite battle team:
1. Hawkules
2. Zeena
3. Serpent augur (witch doctor only)
4. Bonnie Anne (highlander)
5. Ratbeard (admiral)

My least favorite team would have to be:
1. rooster cogburn
2. Skyfire
3. Bison chief spirit
4. Kan Po (master)
5. Bones McGee (witch doctor only)
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 65 witch doctor

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
My Favorite battle crew hmm....
Quick question- Are we talking normal battle crews or pvp battle crews?
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson Level 65 witch doctor

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Kronosroses on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
My Favorite battle crew hmm....
Quick question- Are we talking normal battle crews or pvp battle crews?
- Faithful Tatiana Jackson Level 65 witch doctor
:D why not both?

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Witchdoctor

1. Kan Po- Easy 1,200+ drain with Hidden+Critical Strike 3.
2. Bonnie Anne- No brainer.
3. Morno- Probably has the abilities in the entire game and most of them are useful. Strong damage and good support.
4. Gaspard De Vole- One of the best physical tanks for the witchdoctor class. If only he had Triton Song.
5. El Toro- Can't forget about hi,

Buccaneer

1. Fin Dorsal- Pretty good damage dealer with Turn the Tide 2 and Relentless 2. Pirate is just icing on the cake. Plus I bought him so I might as well get my money worth.

2. Bonnie Anne- Again, No Brainer

3. Barnabus- A double movement attack to form a defensive line quicker earns a spot on my list.

4. Billy the Kid- Burst Fire 2.

5. Kobe Yojimbo- Health may be low but I like the Samoorai in this game.