Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Build-A-Matey

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Hello! Dolan here! Me and Fiona have been refining the concept of Build-A-Matey, and think it's time to pitch the product. Build-A-Matey is a lot like what is sounds, a way to make custom crew member. It comes in several steps.

1. Select sprite. there are dozens of sprites from Pirate, and ones from w101 with Natural Attack, too choose from. The sprite indicates the class. You then name yer hearty with a name generator or type it in yourself.
( Names must be submitted like board posts to see if they are a actual name, not something such as Pickle Box Tree.)

2. Customize companion base look. ( if possible). Such as adding the ghost effect, skin color, or other items. Note: base look allows a simple, no promo look.

3.Pick epics. a base epic and another epic/power are for the base.

4.Design promos ( if possible). some sprites have multiple choices when they promote for looks, such as the Chicken Pugilist or Cat Smuggler.

Just a companion is $15. A Companion and two promotions for low tier companions is $20. and one with a companion, THREE low tier companion promotions and new outfits for the main companions, based off different styles and worlds every month, is $25-30.

Ta-DA!!!
So, what do you think? Did I leave something out? Comment on it!

Frozenmuskets
Hardy Dolan Orleans
And Silver Fiona!

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Ensign
Nov 14, 2010
Captain
May 16, 2011
Frozenmuskets on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Hello! Dolan here! Me and Fiona have been refining the concept of Build-A-Matey, and think it's time to pitch the product. Build-A-Matey is a lot like what is sounds, a way to make custom crew member. It comes in several steps.

1. Select sprite. there are dozens of sprites from Pirate, and ones from w101 with Natural Attack, too choose from. The sprite indicates the class. You then name yer hearty with a name generator or type it in yourself.
( Names must be submitted like board posts to see if they are a actual name, not something such as Pickle Box Tree.)

2. Customize companion base look. ( if possible). Such as adding the ghost effect, skin color, or other items. Note: base look allows a simple, no promo look.

3.Pick epics. a base epic and another epic/power are for the base.

4.Design promos ( if possible). some sprites have multiple choices when they promote for looks, such as the Chicken Pugilist or Cat Smuggler.

Just a companion is $15. A Companion and two promotions for low tier companions is $20. and one with a companion, THREE low tier companion promotions and new outfits for the main companions, based off different styles and worlds every month, is $25-30.

Ta-DA!!!
So, what do you think? Did I leave something out? Comment on it!

Frozenmuskets
Hardy Dolan Orleans
And Silver Fiona!
Brilliant! I'm gonna design a matey now, right around here.

Name: Efree

Class: Privateer

Sprite: The gobbler polymorph in wizard101.

Extra effects: Adding a tricorne, cutlass, and gloves to first stage.

Base damage at level 50: 120-200

Battling looks: Regular attack: slices with sword or simply punches. Super hit: Does a high jump attack, similar to Link's jump attack in all the Legend of Zelda games, but attacks with a hamburger. Mega hit: Tosses a flurry of tacos at enemy. Epic hit: Surrounds self in a storm of tacos, hamburgers, pizza, etc. Then the gobbler sends the storm of food at the enemy. Also has two heals, which is barfing upon the character to heal, much like the Wizard101 gobbler polymorph does.

Extra promos: First promo: Gobbler Privateer --> Gobbler Negotiator. Gains an attack called Sword spin, which basically does exactly as it sounds. One of the heals is upgraded to a stronger heal. The gobbler gets brown leggings and a red bowtie. Second Promo: Gobbler Negotiator --> Gobbler Doctor. Both heals are upgraded, the stronger heal becomes a even stronger heal called: Sonic-ing. The gobbler receives a brown coat, and black leggings.

How's that?

Captain
May 16, 2011
critical blizzard on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
awesome
I agree. Welcome to the message boards Critical Blizzard. We are a lively, fun, imaginative group that love to help and compliment others. I hope you will fit right in.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
So I am going to spend 15$ to buy one companion and 20$ to get a promotion? no thank you.

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
MightySwashbuckler... on Dec 8, 2013 wrote:
So I am going to spend 15$ to buy one companion and 20$ to get a promotion? no thank you.
a companion with two promotions AND two extra promos for low lvl companions.

Also: I made these bit too expensive. lower the price for everything by $5.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
first of i have a question. how does this whole thing work? is this just a website where you can make companions or something else? but for now i am going to think of companions lets have some fun with this
name:{random}
class:buccaneer
sprite:lost soul from w101
promotion apperance:lost soul with a diamond sword and a host body(that looks like a troggy but pupiless)
base damage:1-10(first promo),2000-20,000(second promo)
attack animations:same as w101
promo name: pumpkin king
name:princess
class:musketeer
sprite:battle angel
promotion apperance:police helmet and rocket launcher
powers:backstab,bear trap,big juju,blood flames,blunderbluss shot,bone chant,bonfire,kraken's coils
name:Dracula
class:witchdoctor
Name:cat in the hat
sprite:cat smuggler with instead of standard hat,has the cat in the hat's hat
powers:dance of steel,davy jone's reach,dicipline,dispel magic,druid's chants,
Name:Evil tinkerbell(excuse the unoriginal name)
sprite:dark fairy from w101
epics:espirt de corps,evil eye,eye swarm
Name:cangrejo(spanish for crab)
sprite:crab thug
class:buccaneer
powers:fix bayonets
also p.s. if gooby is also in this tell him to assassinate spooderman jk
name:calatan
class:swashbuckler
sprite:calatan
powers:storm breath,storm bastion,storm round,stone bastion,stock assualt.
p.s. where is gooby i want him to kill spooderman lol jk
silver joseph vane

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Here is Build-A-Matey! Pleaaaasssseee make this Hot Topic! That means you everyone who asked me where this post was!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Yes epic imma make a 4 armed guy or maybe a fire gaurdian

Ensign
Nov 18, 2011
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Why not a human companion we don't get any this would be a great idea there nit interesting but it's cool we need human enemies or companions

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I laughed so hard when I saw this. It's like Build-A-Bear Workshop. You guys are wild.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
LOL but if my fire guardian came alive that wouldn't be nice

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Frozenmuskets on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
HAHA! this post will reach jack! i swear it!
Hey why don't we make jacks brother
Name one eyed jake
Weapon of choice knife
See now he will come
Oh wait I forgot the carrot

Ensign
Sep 12, 2009
I'm gonna design one!

Name: Sergeant Terrier

Class: Musketeer

Sprite: P101 Royal Navy Officer

Attack strength: 170-300

Promotions
---------------
1st: Royal Navy Officer

2nd: Royal Navy Sergeant

3rd: Royal Navy Captain

Weapons: Rifle and Sword

Epic ability: Mighty Charge ( using sword )

Ensign
Feb 15, 2009
does it have to cost money lol just make it cost gold or something, maybe crowns if you have to XD

Logan Stormhammer

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
No thanks. It would just make the game too 'Disorganized'

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Just some clarifacation here.

I've now realized that the whole promo thing for low tier companions won't exactly work out, so scrap that.
Also, i'm not trying to build super Op companions or make new sprites ofr this. This uses already made sprites to make a custom ( NOT op) companion, and if possible, promotions. I thought it would be a good idea to make $$$ off used sprites.