Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buffs Time-Consuming

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Firstly, no, I am not referring to the amount of turns it takes to completely put on all your buffs. I am actually referencing a feature that was in the test realm back in May. During test only, when you cast a buff, the text would kinda explode above all your teammates at once. Once the updates went live though, no more of that. Same each every indicator for each and every person, which can actually be quite time-consuming and annoying when there are 4 people in the battle with all their 2-3 companions and pets.

My question is, why? Why change it back? Was there some kinda glitch we don't know about?

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
N1ckee on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
Firstly, no, I am not referring to the amount of turns it takes to completely put on all your buffs. I am actually referencing a feature that was in the test realm back in May. During test only, when you cast a buff, the text would kinda explode above all your teammates at once. Once the updates went live though, no more of that. Same each every indicator for each and every person, which can actually be quite time-consuming and annoying when there are 4 people in the battle with all their 2-3 companions and pets.

My question is, why? Why change it back? Was there some kinda glitch we don't know about?
I completely agree. If we apply a buff, all the notices such as "Increased Accuracy" should appear all at once in everyones head, rather than the dreaded process of seeing the "Increased Accuracy" on top of bonnies head for 2 seconds, then on top of toro's head for another 2 seconds, followed by the rest of my companions and pets, and then 10 other guys (+ thier companions and pets). In a mass battle of 3-4 players, this would take 45-70 seconds or something each time you buff. I completely agree with you Nickee. Completely. Now if three or four people decide to buff at the same time, alongside with some companion buffs such as el toros "es spirit des corps", buffing would take longer than 4 minutes at least.

Congrats Nickee for noticing something I would not have seen, and providing a nice idea.

To the p101 team: Are you considering this for a future update? It would be much appreciated.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Golden Guardian on Nov 22, 2013 wrote:
I completely agree. If we apply a buff, all the notices such as "Increased Accuracy" should appear all at once in everyones head, rather than the dreaded process of seeing the "Increased Accuracy" on top of bonnies head for 2 seconds, then on top of toro's head for another 2 seconds, followed by the rest of my companions and pets, and then 10 other guys (+ thier companions and pets). In a mass battle of 3-4 players, this would take 45-70 seconds or something each time you buff. I completely agree with you Nickee. Completely. Now if three or four people decide to buff at the same time, alongside with some companion buffs such as el toros "es spirit des corps", buffing would take longer than 4 minutes at least.

Congrats Nickee for noticing something I would not have seen, and providing a nice idea.

To the p101 team: Are you considering this for a future update? It would be much appreciated.
LOL this post cracked me up its a great way to put and i totally agree, to make it not confusing they could do each type of buff all at one time. so for espirit decorpse, it would just say increase accuracy for everyone and then increase dodge for everyone. and for say great juju it would say increase strength for all it increase strength for, and the agility for everyone who is agility, and so forth.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
This is something I think about all the time! It would be great if the accuracy and dodge buffs just had one popup above the casters head that said "Team Accuracy and Dodge" and be done with it.