Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Low level epic from enemy = 135/250 health!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
WHY!?!? Seriously why!?! I just started a privateer and I have to say most fights are severly stupid since the guys here do SOO MUCH DAMAGE! Against level 10 oppositions (my guys level 9, me Lv 11) we have an average of 250 health! Then the Haku watermole does an epic and bam, 135 damage! Seriously did you just update this new feature, because its severly silly. All the enemies are like this! A mega hit can take half your health away! 50+ damage is TOO much by any means for this level.

In Cool Ranch a few months ago I was impressed when that level 30 skeleton did 150 damage at epic! WHY ARE THE LEVEL 10 enemies doing this as well . Redo it next update asap. Hits at epic should not cross 50 health at this level. Its TOO much! Hydra is even easier (and I know because I did it so there).

On another note, why do my guys hit an epic hit when the enemy is red leveled? This is also common and definetly irritating. Critical hits should happen at the beginning not at the very end where it is completely useless!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Nov 12, 2013 wrote:
WHY!?!? Seriously why!?! I just started a privateer and I have to say most fights are severly stupid since the guys here do SOO MUCH DAMAGE! Against level 10 oppositions (my guys level 9, me Lv 11) we have an average of 250 health! Then the Haku watermole does an epic and bam, 135 damage! Seriously did you just update this new feature, because its severly silly. All the enemies are like this! A mega hit can take half your health away! 50+ damage is TOO much by any means for this level.

In Cool Ranch a few months ago I was impressed when that level 30 skeleton did 150 damage at epic! WHY ARE THE LEVEL 10 enemies doing this as well . Redo it next update asap. Hits at epic should not cross 50 health at this level. Its TOO much! Hydra is even easier (and I know because I did it so there).

On another note, why do my guys hit an epic hit when the enemy is red leveled? This is also common and definetly irritating. Critical hits should happen at the beginning not at the very end where it is completely useless!
x Hands calming moolong tea and a plate of cookies. x

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Could your opponents have had a really lucky hit maxing everything that was possible? Were they hitting that kind of damage the whole time?
It sounds from what I read that all the stats on a weapon, gear, and any boosting spells produce a potential attack number. Then there is some kind of computerized dice roll to decide what level of hit it might be, ordinary, epic, mega, stuff like that. There might also be another roll for deciding just how strong that hit turns out. I read about it as related to why weapons can hit for far less than base damage sometimes. It sounded like a dice roll for whether a hit will land a glancing blow with weaker than bace damage, a regular hit for whatever the usual number is (plus any active boosts), or some kind of multiplying effect like from hitting a vital area. I'm no expert on this, I'd suggest looking for Ratbeard posts on damage.
As to why your crew waits till the enemy is red zone to epic, I'd say it's just that random dice roll. If ordinary hits have better odds to happen than epic ones, it makes sense they are more common at first, while epics get more likely to happen at least once the longer the fight goes on. I'd also heard that having a high talent in the main weapon stat (Strength/ agility/will) might make epics more likely, but I don't know if that's true.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
x Hands calming moolong tea and a plate of cookies. x
Thank you

I still think critical hits in the early levels (1-15) should be adjusted. 2 or 3 critical hits from enemies can kill my sergeant shepherd. Heal spells are ok (delivering more than 100 health sometimes), but it comes back to normal within the next round or two. I think I now understand what people say when need a lot of patience. The situation improves when I reach the armada though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Calamity Finch on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
Could your opponents have had a really lucky hit maxing everything that was possible? Were they hitting that kind of damage the whole time?
It sounds from what I read that all the stats on a weapon, gear, and any boosting spells produce a potential attack number. Then there is some kind of computerized dice roll to decide what level of hit it might be, ordinary, epic, mega, stuff like that. There might also be another roll for deciding just how strong that hit turns out. I read about it as related to why weapons can hit for far less than base damage sometimes. It sounded like a dice roll for whether a hit will land a glancing blow with weaker than bace damage, a regular hit for whatever the usual number is (plus any active boosts), or some kind of multiplying effect like from hitting a vital area. I'm no expert on this, I'd suggest looking for Ratbeard posts on damage.
As to why your crew waits till the enemy is red zone to epic, I'd say it's just that random dice roll. If ordinary hits have better odds to happen than epic ones, it makes sense they are more common at first, while epics get more likely to happen at least once the longer the fight goes on. I'd also heard that having a high talent in the main weapon stat (Strength/ agility/will) might make epics more likely, but I don't know if that's true.
Yes it is true that if you boost the weapon strength it will happen more. Plus if yours is higher than theirs the odds swing in your favor too. They calculate the base chance minus their level then add yours and what is left is where the damage comes from.
There is a slight chance I got part of it backwards, it may be: Base chance, add yours then minus theirs but the score is the same. I learned that right where you said, on a Ratbeard post.