Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Walk in Shadows

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 27, 2011
Hello, i am a lvl 56 Musketeer, and i have a practice point, i've been thinking about getting walk in Shadows, but i'm not sure if a musketeer attack does the double damage too. Can someoone tell me?
Brian Hawser lvl 56

Ensign
Nov 27, 2011
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
The walk in shadows that you get from Morgan Lefitte only gives double damage for melee attacks, not ranged. However you can get gear that gives a specific musketeer walk in shadows that will give double damage for ranged attacks.

However, walk in shadows is good for more than just the damage. It's really good for letting you hide from the battle for awhile while you heal and buff.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
DONT. if you look at it you will see walk in the shadows is no good for a musket (i realize that) walk in the shadows only doubles 1, of the attacks of your shots, so if you use a 2x shot, and shoot 5 enemies with it, only 1 will recieve double damage. second, the turn it takes to use walk in the shadows, you could have done more daamge;

if your battling, and there are 5 enemies, and you got 3 of them in your 2x shot area, you can shoot all 3 and get 2x damage on 3 enemies, (i have trouble with run on sentences) and then on the next turn, you can use another one and get 4x damage altogother on 3 enemies altogether over 2 turns. but tif you walk in the shadows on that turn, then you will end up getting 4x damage one enemy, and 2x on the others over 2 turns.

compare: 4X damage on 3 enemies over 2 turns.

compare: 4X damage on 1 enemy and 2x on 2 over 2 turns + hidden for one turn. (but muskets basically dont get hit, they stay back and bombard from far.

which would you choose?

i STRONGLY suggest you go and learn spooky from which doctors,

Xavier

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
Richard FrostBreez... on Oct 25, 2013 wrote:
Hello, i am a lvl 56 Musketeer, and i have a practice point, i've been thinking about getting walk in Shadows, but i'm not sure if a musketeer attack does the double damage too. Can someoone tell me?
Brian Hawser lvl 56
I don't think it does, It doesn't work for my Privateer powers. I wouldn't get it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Brian Hawser lvl 56
As far as I know it does. Ratbeard can confirm but my musketeer has it and uses it all the time. It is hard to tell for sure because you never know what level your attack will hit but I do believe I read that it does work for shooty weapons.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Brian Hawser lvl 56
Walk in Shadows works for musketeers but if you're targeting more than one enemy, the times two damage will only work on one of them.

~Ruthless Alura Bristol level 65
~Fearless Rowan Bristol level 63

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Umm i'm a swahbuckler so i know quite a lot about walk in shadows, though it says you will do double damage if you are holding s Stabby or Slashy weapon. Sorry dude. I don't think it will do double damage. Though it is great for saving your life.

Hope that helped!
Silver Fiona

Ensign
Nov 27, 2011
Frozenmuskets on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
Umm i'm a swahbuckler so i know quite a lot about walk in shadows, though it says you will do double damage if you are holding s Stabby or Slashy weapon. Sorry dude. I don't think it will do double damage. Though it is great for saving your life.

Hope that helped!
Silver Fiona
woot nice thanks everybody, but now another question, i have already learnt all from privateers, what school should i go now? witchdoctor?
Brian Hawser
Diego Hawser

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 2, 2013 wrote:
The walk in shadows that you get from Morgan Lefitte only gives double damage for melee attacks, not ranged. However you can get gear that gives a specific musketeer walk in shadows that will give double damage for ranged attacks.

However, walk in shadows is good for more than just the damage. It's really good for letting you hide from the battle for awhile while you heal and buff.
No, CdeWinter, thats not true. all walk in the shadows will double musketeer attacks. simply put, if the attack can be double at all, it can be double by any walk in the shadows you get. unless i am very mistaken, but i have never seen such. i doubt it works like that.

The time you put in to give advice is still appreciated though

Helpful tip*

There are many attacks that cannot receive extra damage from WITS; i am thinking it is namely spooky attacks. or attacks that doesnt use the damage in your statistics table.

Mojo Blade
Mojo Reaver
Ghost Wail Series
Mojo Strike Series
Assassins Mist Series
Gunnery Series

And there are some others, however, i believe most of the attacks can be powered with it. i simply say, if the attack uses the damage in your stats table, then WITS will contribute to it. thats how i think it works. not SURE

Xavier

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Richard FrostBreez... on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
woot nice thanks everybody, but now another question, i have already learnt all from privateers, what school should i go now? witchdoctor?
Brian Hawser
Diego Hawser
I suggest you learn spooky from witchdoctors for all your characters

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I suspect you are all right in various parts of your answers. Any chance Ratbeard can pop in and give a clear and concise answer? He is so very good at that.