Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets are TOO weak. Make em better... pls?!?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Have you ever felt a bit sad when you see your adorable jackalope die mercilessly at the wretched hands of that evil Rooke? The way it gasps for breath, before finally falling into the ground. Its last gasps for air are drowned by the mechanical laughter of Rooke. The poor thing lies there, and it feels like some diabolical armada general is planning to eat it for dinner. And then the process gets repeated on the next fight, round 1

On behalf of pets, please make them stronger! I am not asking for El Toro epicness, but at least make them have the ability to endure 4-5 turns, rather than helplessly die in round 1.

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
Golden Guardian on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
Have you ever felt a bit sad when you see your adorable jackalope die mercilessly at the wretched hands of that evil Rooke? The way it gasps for breath, before finally falling into the ground. Its last gasps for air are drowned by the mechanical laughter of Rooke. The poor thing lies there, and it feels like some diabolical armada general is planning to eat it for dinner. And then the process gets repeated on the next fight, round 1

On behalf of pets, please make them stronger! I am not asking for El Toro epicness, but at least make them have the ability to endure 4-5 turns, rather than helplessly die in round 1.
Agreed. This makes me think of my jackalope Lord Kobe when he fights the ninja pigs. Please fix!

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Well, they are actually good. In some battles, you will need as much damage possible, and they can draw attention away from you. Also, you don't have to go to a life fountain or use a mojo potion after they die. I think they made a post about something like this....

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Oct 19, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. This makes me think of my jackalope Lord Kobe when he fights the ninja pigs. Please fix!
Ashley pulls her shoulders.
'' Don't know about you, but I love my little Pipper'' the jackalope on her lap snuggles and playfully bits her finger.'' Aww...
'' Captain!'' yells the crew.
'' Aw, come on. She's cute....Fine.'' Ashley pushes Pipper from her lap'' Weak or no, but i'm good with my pet. Pipper always has our backs in battle. Right guys?''
'' She more has my tale in battle'' Ratbeard mumbles, the suddenly yells in pain:
'' YEEWOWWW!'' he jumps in the air. Pipper was just sitting there. Everyone knew what just happened.
'' Ha. I agree with Ashley'' says Sara petting the jackalope.

Community Leader
Me poor ole Armadillo pet is but a shadow of what he used to be.

But game balance required some adjustments, perhaps as time goes by, further adustments will be made, if and when, I hope they get turned up a lil bit! Don't like me poor little critters out of the match before their first chance to attack, which happens frequently in upper levels.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 20, 2012
Definitely. And maybe they could have a pet area in skull island to give pets talents/stats through some games similar to wizard101's pet pavilion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
piratemonster3002 on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Definitely. And maybe they could have a pet area in skull island to give pets talents/stats through some games similar to wizard101's pet pavilion.
Oh I don't think I could stand more of those monotonous pet games. As it is now, I lose them on purpose just to get though them faster so I can give my pet his treat which does the real growing. I love the idea of doing something to improve the pets, but maybe some other way?

By the way, welcome to the message boards Pirate Monster. We are a lively bunch the loves to help other and be creative and make each laugh at the same time. Welcome to the family.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
get the armadillo Verde, I am embarrassed to say that mister Brady is killing more stuff then me

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Mostly my pets tend to stand exactly where I want to move to, thus changing my strategy mid fight. Keeps me on my toes - and my celestial dragon is just too cute.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 20, 2013 wrote:
Oh I don't think I could stand more of those monotonous pet games. As it is now, I lose them on purpose just to get though them faster so I can give my pet his treat which does the real growing. I love the idea of doing something to improve the pets, but maybe some other way?

By the way, welcome to the message boards Pirate Monster. We are a lively bunch the loves to help other and be creative and make each laugh at the same time. Welcome to the family.
I agree with you that the pet game are monotonous, but I actually enjoy training my pet.

*Whole room gasps*

Yeah, I said it. I like the pet games. Especially the pet races.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Thunder Hawk on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you that the pet game are monotonous, but I actually enjoy training my pet.

*Whole room gasps*

Yeah, I said it. I like the pet games. Especially the pet races.
Agreed! I'm a Grumpy Warlord, and a Pet Captain. XD I love training my pet, and I've got a few different fierce hounds, one pure and two hatched. Pets can be really amazing (I don't know what I would do without Chance), if you take the time to give them the proper care that they need. Once you do this, they can be a huge help. My pet heals me with Sprite (the spell, not the drink, though that would be awesome) pretty much every time I get attacked, and he gives me extra health, which I need, because as a Necromancer I tend to spend too much time building up my traps and blades rather than keeping myself alive before I attack. I love my mega fierce hound, and it would be really cool if we can have a better pet system, like the one in Wizard101. Also... is there any chance that KI could add a new pet to Pirate101... maybe a War Dog? Ooh! Gonna go post that idea right now!

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013
This is kind of true, and not. I think when you lvl up your pets do, so then lvl up and they will be stronger, or it is so, that so pets are stronger than others.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
I do agree with this thread, but I look at pets as a kill-finisher. Silver Howler, my silver buffaloon usually finishes my kills for me, which is very convenient. They could be stronger though...