Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Guild Idea???!!!??? Please add jack.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I have noticed that many people have decided to make their own pvp groups, friend groups and helping others groups. All these factors are like a guild, and as of now there is confusion in some of these groups because we have no guild system. So what I want is a guild lol.

Guild ideas:
-Guild HQ
-GIANT guild ships of various worlds (3x bigger than galleon of its world, eg bison guild ship is 3x bigger than bison galleon)which only guild leader can ride, but everyone in guild can operate cannons and more and not feel left out.
-guild flag for ship
-Guild PvP (capture flag, races)* , with awards for winner
-Guild instances, specifically for guild to fight a super world boss of various levels.
-Guild groups can go to 100.
-Guild funds, to buy more cool for a guild stuff that 1 person can't buy for themselves due to max gold limit. For example, an Aquila guild ship will cost 500 000 gold, and guild members can donate to buy the ship.

*in guild pvp, I don't want fighting since this creates problems between guilds. I suggested events such as capture most flags hidden in random places, guild races (no mount, and the winner in a guild race is the guild who had a member that came 1st)

Feel free to comment with your thoughts and or ideas!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I don't think guilds will happen. As a game for kids and their families, introducing groups which are designed to exclude sounds pretty disruptive. Even without guild money, ships, and buildings it doesn't always go smoothly, adding more to be greedy and closed off about would not be helpful. You did have some interesting ideas though. Fleet pvp many people would like to see in some form. I was interested by the capture the flag idea. I would rather see something where you teamed up with your own pirate class maybe. Everyone would be included in some way, because everyone has a class type. I could see a big ship battle where everyone is flying a musketeer, buccaneer, swashbuckler, or privateer flag instead of their personal flag.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I don't think I like the idea either. It does seem too exclusionary and will make the game more about what guild you are on than the whole point of fighting the bad guys. I have read blogs about the nightmarish problems people have had with guilds and I want nothing of it. In those games people cannot advance with out being in a guild and the politics and player meanness within really runs rampant. KingsIsle has stated no guilds for very good reason. They are protecting their players and I for one am grateful.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
I don't think guilds will happen. As a game for kids and their families, introducing groups which are designed to exclude sounds pretty disruptive. Even without guild money, ships, and buildings it doesn't always go smoothly, adding more to be greedy and closed off about would not be helpful. You did have some interesting ideas though. Fleet pvp many people would like to see in some form. I was interested by the capture the flag idea. I would rather see something where you teamed up with your own pirate class maybe. Everyone would be included in some way, because everyone has a class type. I could see a big ship battle where everyone is flying a musketeer, buccaneer, swashbuckler, or privateer flag instead of their personal flag.
In regards to your exclusion problem, I personally believe this is caused by fighting PvP scenarios between guilds. This is because there will be strong guilds and weak guilds, and strong guilds exclude weak players for dominance. In my previous statement I said I did not want Guild Fighting PVP to occur.

However I kind of understand your exlsuion point about shutting off from the rest of the world. I would like to tell you that I have played various MMO's where this never or rarely happened. Guilds are designed as a group that helps other guild members. Imagine you log in and go to an instance no one can really help you with because of time zone or stuff. I am certain that in a guild this problem has a higher chance of being solved. Then again in other MMO's you still have a lot of friends and even strangers who help you out (however this is not always succesful in this game), who are not in your guild. Since other people may occasioanly lend a hand (who are not in your guild), I believe excluding yourself is not an issue.

In regards to greediness, I dont see how uniting players to work toward a grand goal is greedy. We equally enjoy the rewards of a magnificent Guild HQ and Guild ship which we all payed for.

In regards to kids and families, I dont really understand your point.

And finally in regards to your class pvp ship idea, yes its good but clearly there will be issues where it will be 50 withcdoctors vs 27 privateers.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
My point about kids and families is that there are a lot of kids playing, who are by definition immature. The game was built around them. Into this game have come more grown up gamers from other MMOs, some of whom are also immature, in that they lack mental maturity. I am not making a blanket statement about any individual or group of individuals, please bear this in mind.
Wizard101 went through a bad patch, when some very rude individuals tried to take over the Commons, making their own guilds, riding same crowns mounts and matching outfits. Many of them took joy in cursing through the filter, taunting and baiting newer players. "I'll gift you a mount if you give me cards," stuff like that. They belittled newer players, even when not cursing they could be very offensive. The insults got really bad. They seemed to think their behavior ought to be as crude as it could be on MMOs for adults. Into these groups would wander 13 year olds who just wanted to make friends and have fun, old enough to hear, young enough to get their feelings crushed. The Wizard City Protectors formed to report the behavior that violated terms, but it wasn't enough to keep up with the problem. Parents were starting to say, "this game is bad for my kids," and leave the game. Finally KI made hall monitors, letting people see others get muted right after the offense. It got better, but for a while, the game FOR kids was being lost to them.
Help with fights is nice, but guilds could create more of a social problem with this game.

Petty Officer
Nov 15, 2012
i would like a Guild it would be fun you can earn rewards and other Items :)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
I don't think I like the idea either. It does seem too exclusionary and will make the game more about what guild you are on than the whole point of fighting the bad guys. I have read blogs about the nightmarish problems people have had with guilds and I want nothing of it. In those games people cannot advance with out being in a guild and the politics and player meanness within really runs rampant. KingsIsle has stated no guilds for very good reason. They are protecting their players and I for one am grateful.
She's right, in the terms for posting on the forums, it is in there, "no guilds". I guess they know about some of the drawbacks, and didn't want them in their game.