Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Am I where I need to be???

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 14, 2008
So I'm a level 11 privateer and just starting puerto mico (think I spelled that right?) and at nautical level 6. I was wondering if I'm behind where I need to be (especially nautical because I am constantly getting boarded). I have the light skiff you get during the main quest lines, and am using the gear you can buy from the monkey in puerto mico (not the monquistan gear one but the other). Is my nautical level where it should be or do I need to raise it more?!?

James West lvl 11 privateer

P.S. (what's the symbol privateer?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yea you need to raise it and get a bigger boat if you are getting boarded. The best gear for boats is what you get in drops so farm those boats and save the stuff for the boat you are saving for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jacob IronEyes on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
So I'm a level 11 privateer and just starting puerto mico (think I spelled that right?) and at nautical level 6. I was wondering if I'm behind where I need to be (especially nautical because I am constantly getting boarded). I have the light skiff you get during the main quest lines, and am using the gear you can buy from the monkey in puerto mico (not the monquistan gear one but the other). Is my nautical level where it should be or do I need to raise it more?!?

James West lvl 11 privateer

P.S. (what's the symbol privateer?)
Sorry I forgot the P.S.
The privateer symbol is: . I have no clue what it is, but it means privateer lol.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I try to keep my Nautical Level within 2 to 4 levels of my Pirate's Game Level. I do this so I can use the better equipment for my ship and because, the higher the Nautical Level, the more the damage I do and can take. It does take more ship battles to accomplish this but I think it is worth it (sort of like farming a boss) and you get Gold!

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
You might to raise it more and the symbol for privateer isthat.see you in the spiral

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
ok a if you don't like your catter ( I can't spell today ) you can go & make a new one with out making a new a caont ( I can't spell today! ) I have just terid ( I can't spell today, why today! ) ok dust go & click new something I can't remember & met me in skull island my catter ( I can't spell right today ) name is little Erica Nesbit & at the frought ( I hate today ) of the healing founton ( I can't stand today ) I will what for ye. Got that ye!

Ensign
Nov 14, 2008
Thanks guys :D i found a whole bunch of side quests in puerto mico that gave 140 nautical do each so my problem is fixed :) thanks for your responses

John West (you see, i got dis)

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011
Well that's where I was about, when I was level 11, but I would say you should level. I mean I'm always really behing on nautical xp, I mean I'm level 54 but only 31 in nautical level. It's not super great to do that though. Every so often I have to go and nautical grind so I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

Ps the privateer sign is

Two-faced Darcy Freeman
Lvl 54

"Tick tock this is a clock"

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Sorry I forgot the P.S.
The privateer symbol is: . I have no clue what it is, but it means privateer lol.
This is a hat, a cocked hat specifically. I surmise it symbolizes the leader's hat of command.

And about being constantly boarded in the Tradewinds skyway (or Monquista), you can avoid most of that by saving the harder ship sidequests and focusing mostly on the main line quest until you have your new Monquistan ship (it is a grant, no need to buy it) to go to Valencia. Then come back and clean up the ship sidequests. It is a really good idea to keep your nautical level up as best as you can, however, particularly when it comes time to enter a new world.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
This is a hat, a cocked hat specifically. I surmise it symbolizes the leader's hat of command.

And about being constantly boarded in the Tradewinds skyway (or Monquista), you can avoid most of that by saving the harder ship sidequests and focusing mostly on the main line quest until you have your new Monquistan ship (it is a grant, no need to buy it) to go to Valencia. Then come back and clean up the ship sidequests. It is a really good idea to keep your nautical level up as best as you can, however, particularly when it comes time to enter a new world.
Thank you Anne, I thought maybe it was a hat but I wasn't certain. I figured you would be the one with the knowledge . That's one of the blessings of having friends like you, wisdom and knowledge will always be a friend's breath away.