Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some small glitches and bugs I've found

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Hey, everyone! This is kind of my first forum post, so apologies if I stray away from the subject or if it seems too lengthy. Anyways, as I've traveled around the Spiral, I've noticed some strange things. I am not sure if it has to do with my internet connection (Which I kind of doubt), or if it's something that was overlooked, so, I turn to you, the entire community of Pirate101, to respond in the best way you can. ^_^ Okay, so here's the list:

1. When you have a pet you don't need or don't want to bring along with you and want to set it in your home, you can't (I know it's a different game, but Wizard101 allows people to do this).
2. Sometimes when a player does a special move or a "Super Hit", the character is facing the wrong way (I've only seen this once and I have yet to see it happen again).
3. Sometimes when travelling through a stormgate, your pirate's clothing, hair, and ship color seem to glitch
4. Sometimes, when I'm constantly fighting, my face or clothing changes to bright red (This has happened a few times, but for two of my characters it was different. For my Musketeer, his outfit AND fighting style changed. His outfit changed to bright red and had a cape. It also showed him wielding an invisible two handed weapon. It was either a Stabby or Slashy weapon. My Musketeer specials still worked, but it didn't do the animation at all.... You know... Like when you use Snap Shot with dual pistols, it'll show your character hit them together and start firing.. It was a strange and hilarious situation to be in. There is more to this story, but it gets increasingly difficult to describe as the image rolls around in my head. This happened when I was fighting off Clockworks in Valencia. For my Witchdoctor, his face just turned bright red and you couldn't see any facial features on him. There were no alterations to his equipment).

Anyways, thank you for reading, if you've got any questions, ask away, I'll respond as soon as I can.

Have a great day and keep on questing,

^.^ Unreal

P.S.- Make SURE you save up gold for Class Housing. 100,000 gold may be a little bit too much to pay, but it is very worth it in the end!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Welcome to the message boards Unrealplaya5656 You have a great eye for detail so I know I am gonna learn a lot from your posts and I look forward to them. Keep up the good work.
Just a thought, you might want to check and see if you have the newest driver for your graphics or video card. It sounds like you are having more loading issues that the usual player. I have only had my laptop for just over a year and had to do this to avoid some issues so, who knows, it just might help.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Unrealplaya5656 You have a great eye for detail so I know I am gonna learn a lot from your posts and I look forward to them. Keep up the good work.
Just a thought, you might want to check and see if you have the newest driver for your graphics or video card. It sounds like you are having more loading issues that the usual player. I have only had my laptop for just over a year and had to do this to avoid some issues so, who knows, it just might help.
Hey, Chrissy! Yeah, I do have the latest driver for my graphics card, though, I don't think it would fix the pet bug. ^_^; The Super Hit glitch usually only happens when I'm lagging, which I fix by staying in the realm Vadima, The Stormgate bug seems to only occur when I'm travelling to Avernus or to Valencia, and RedFace doesn't seem to happen to me at all anymore. Mainly since I haven't been to Valencia in a while. XD

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I've seen the Red Super Hero (Pirate colored red with cape) only in Valencia when I was fighting Armada Marines.

Administrator
Hello!

1- This is not a feature currently in Pirate101; however, it is on our list of commonly requested features.

2- There is a critical hit attack where a player will face backward and stab with both hands behind them. Perhaps this is what you saw?

3- Can you add a bit more description of what the graphical glitch looks like?

4- If you see something showing up in all red, this usually means the texture associated with that object didn't load. This might be a loading issue, and some players have found restarting will sometimes take care of the red object. If it persists, you'll want to contact support. Support may ask you for a DXDiag file to see if your computer might be a little thin on RAM or vRAM and be able to make further recommendations.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Hello!

1- This is not a feature currently in Pirate101; however, it is on our list of commonly requested features.

2- There is a critical hit attack where a player will face backward and stab with both hands behind them. Perhaps this is what you saw?

3- Can you add a bit more description of what the graphical glitch looks like?

4- If you see something showing up in all red, this usually means the texture associated with that object didn't load. This might be a loading issue, and some players have found restarting will sometimes take care of the red object. If it persists, you'll want to contact support. Support may ask you for a DXDiag file to see if your computer might be a little thin on RAM or vRAM and be able to make further recommendations.
Hey, One-Eyed Jack!

1. Any chance the feature CAN be in Pirate101? :D

2. I've seen the attack and I know of what you're speaking of, but that wasn't what I saw. The player was seriously facing the wrong way, swinging his sword the wrong way (Away from the intended target), and the enemy still took damage.

3. The graphical glitch kind of looks like what happens when you turn on your television and all you see is static. My ship colors seem to flicker, some pieces of my character's hair would rapidly disappear and reappear, and my firstmate's clothing would also seem to flicker.

4. The problem doesn't seem to happen now, so I guess I won't be needing to contact support.

Administrator
Liam Bosworth on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
Hey, One-Eyed Jack!

1. Any chance the feature CAN be in Pirate101? :D

2. I've seen the attack and I know of what you're speaking of, but that wasn't what I saw. The player was seriously facing the wrong way, swinging his sword the wrong way (Away from the intended target), and the enemy still took damage.

3. The graphical glitch kind of looks like what happens when you turn on your television and all you see is static. My ship colors seem to flicker, some pieces of my character's hair would rapidly disappear and reappear, and my firstmate's clothing would also seem to flicker.

4. The problem doesn't seem to happen now, so I guess I won't be needing to contact support.
1. I'd say there is a VERY GOOD chance it may be in Pirate101 in the future.

2- Interesting. If you can find a way to duplicate the bug, please let us know so we can recreate it.

3- You may want to contact support@pirate101.com just to see what they say about this. They're pretty good at helping identifying problem spots.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
1. I'd say there is a VERY GOOD chance it may be in Pirate101 in the future.

2- Interesting. If you can find a way to duplicate the bug, please let us know so we can recreate it.

3- You may want to contact support@pirate101.com just to see what they say about this. They're pretty good at helping identifying problem spots.

Thanks!
1. Please make it so. It's awesome to see my pets wandering around aimlessly in my house.

2. The glitch mainly happened because I was in an area with a large amount of players, a lot of them with costumes that my computer had to load. (I guess it was a lag glitch? My computer WAS doing an unusually large amount of work.)

3. I think I'll do just that. Thank you.