Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest difficulty color bars

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
Instead of the typical black bar that shows the quest name (or gray for currently selected quests), how about changing those bars to different colors to indicate the relative difficulty level of quests based on our current level?

For instance:

Gray (very easy)
Green (easy)
Yellow (moderately easy)
Orange (moderately hard)
Red (very hard)

I believe knowing the potential difficulty of current quests would help us out a lot.

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2012
Morgrim Laveer on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:
Instead of the typical black bar that shows the quest name (or gray for currently selected quests), how about changing those bars to different colors to indicate the relative difficulty level of quests based on our current level?

For instance:

Gray (very easy)
Green (easy)
Yellow (moderately easy)
Orange (moderately hard)
Red (very hard)

I believe knowing the potential difficulty of current quests would help us out a lot.
I was just thinking about this idea today! I came here to post it but then saw that you just posted it. Totally agree though. It would help so you would know if you need to level up a little before you do a quest.

Mason Brewster-lvl 60

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Morgrim Laveer on Aug 28, 2013 wrote:

For instance:

Gray (very easy)
Green (easy)
Yellow (moderately easy)
Orange (moderately hard)
Red (very hard)

Well...
Well, I don't know. Maybe that'll work, but everyone has different opinions on what makes a quest difficult or not. I don't fine many side quests too difficult (i'd range the majority from Very Easy to Moderate). But some find the ones I fine 'easy' to be harder than I thought.
Some people determine the difficulty to how long the quest is. Some determine it by the fights and bosses. Some by both. Others just don't fine the game difficult at all. But I don't know... that's just me . That may work well for most

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
This is a good idea and it would really help, but I am not sure how easy it would be to implement.

Anyone who has done Rooster Cogburn's bounty hunting quests knows first hand how out of control quest scalability can get, but I am not sure what extra programming would have to be put in place that gauges our current experience level / relative experience level of our companions vs our "quality of opposition" and renders a verdict on our chances of success.

Then there is the unknown of which group of companions would show up to fight and what class they were. You would obviously have a higher chance of success if your higher level favorite companions showed up, but you might face complete disaster if any or all of your underleveled / not so favorite companions showed up or if your group was comprised of your squishier companions (Swashbucklers, Musketeers or Witchdoctors) instead of your heavies (Buccaneers or Privateers).

Even having a pet or the right gear can make a major difference.

It'd be nice to see but hopefully it wouldn't break the game once it is added.