Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gortez as a companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
I recently heard that if you defeat gortez 25 times he will join your crew. I wanted to no if this was true before I wasted time defeating him time after time. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
I think Privateers unlock him (not sure) but you unlock Goronado or something in the Crowns Shop. He looks like Gortez.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
It may depend on what class of Pirate you have. I know that at the very least, if you defeat him 25 times, he will appear in the Crown Shop, but I don't know which, if any, class of Pirate gets him as a Companion without paying for him. I don't know if Gortez promotes or not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
He doesn't exactly join your crew. You earn the right to purchase him from the crown shop. He will join your crew if you purchase him.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Maximus234712 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I recently heard that if you defeat gortez 25 times he will join your crew. I wanted to no if this was true before I wasted time defeating him time after time. Thanks in advance for any replies.
no he does not automatically join your crew he gets unlocked in the crown shop after defeating him 25 times and he costs around 7,000 crowns so if your going to do it just know that you will have to pay to get him as a companion

Ensign
Jun 03, 2012
Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
I think Privateers unlock him (not sure) but you unlock Goronado or something in the Crowns Shop. He looks like Gortez.
Beat him twenty 5 times.
You get Goronado, just as awesome, and getting Gortez would ruin the storyline.

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Be mindful that on average, it takes about fourty five minutes to complete The Gold Monkey, so the reality is that you are investing about a day's worth of gameplay for the privilege of paying 7000 crowns (or you can use gold if you are a member) for the companion and getting a badge.

I think the best way to get the badge is by helping other people with the quest. Doesn't feel so repetitious.

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
you get Gortez/Gornando as after you beat him 25 times in his dungeon, then you open him up the crown shop for 7995 crowns. Mine is a level 60. Any class can open him but I am a privateer! I got gortez at a level 50. His new name will be gornando.

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
Pirates in the Sky on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Gornando and Gortez are the same gorillas

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
TalonDevereaux68 on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Be mindful that on average, it takes about fourty five minutes to complete The Gold Monkey, so the reality is that you are investing about a day's worth of gameplay for the privilege of paying 7000 crowns (or you can use gold if you are a member) for the companion and getting a badge.

I think the best way to get the badge is by helping other people with the quest. Doesn't feel so repetitious.
Umm it doesn't take 45 minutes if you are high leveled I defeated him 25 times quickly because I am level 65 if you are low leveled then yes it takes very long but I don't see why you would do it then if you wait until your level 65 it will be easier and faster and a plus is that he will be leveled a bit higher than you so you could get him to level 67 which is what I recommend doing I can't see how it is a bad idea to get him unlocked at level 65

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
manateeloverman on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Gornando and Gortez are the same gorillas
I'd like to Quote myself, Gornando gortez is basically a spoofed version of Hernando Cortes, who is a Spanish Conquistador who Became an Aztec Indian. I haven't been to moquistidor in a while so anyone tell me if there's a spoofed version of Francisco Pizarro and/or Bartolomeu Dias.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"Be mindful that on average, it takes about fourty five minutes to complete"

Nah... not if you are much higher than you are supposed to be. And do it with a friend, which saves some of the running around in the village before you beat the Big Guy. Mind you, even then it probably takes 10 minutes or so per raid, so it adds up.

He is a cool companion, though.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Aug 04, 2010
Indigo Ring on Oct 8, 2013 wrote:
"Be mindful that on average, it takes about fourty five minutes to complete"

Nah... not if you are much higher than you are supposed to be. And do it with a friend, which saves some of the running around in the village before you beat the Big Guy. Mind you, even then it probably takes 10 minutes or so per raid, so it adds up.

He is a cool companion, though.

-Indigo
If your a high level, than it'd be a lot more easier. I got him all by my 25 times (except for the last two who I did with bald eagle witchdocter whom is really dead-eye Octavio Deveraux) and he's already a level 65 like me!