Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A issue that's been worrying me and cant act.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 26, 2013
Now, I know this might not be the best place to ask, because there isn't exactly a place to ask this type of question. I've been seeing a lot of "I need a boyfriend" in the game chats. They may not phrase it like that but everyone knows what they are saying. Anyways, It worries me because we all know there are bad people out there who would like to hurt people, whether your a little boy or girl, to grown ups. Everyone is at risk and there are people on the game who can so easily be a boyfriend who is 50 years old. Let me give you an example: I can pretend to be the same age as the girl who wants a boyfriend. We get closer and she tells me where she lives and all that. cause there are ways to get around the chat system, we all now that its not perfect. I show up and boom, I could be a 50 year old man and snatch the girl up and run. It's that easy, and it scares me. I'm 17 and I've seen kids from middle school, to high school with children. It may not be the same, but its to young and here I see girls and boys occasionally asking for a boyfriend or girlfriend. They have to be desperate or not thinking clearly to be asking on a game which makes them vulnerable. Question is: What should I do. I wanted to report it, but I'd like to be safe and keep my account. I'd like to do something, because it may seem unlikely, but it can happen. Anyone could be sitting at the other end of the computer and you guys and gals might just blow it off, but if you ever found out that you could have done something to save someones life or prevent them having to care for a child, it make you feel terrible. I would feel horrible. So like I asked, what do I do. What can we do to help stop it.

Ensign
Feb 10, 2013
what you should do is be safe and date some girl or boy you really like so you have less worrys so you are more this or this not this or this thank you for reading

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Is this something that should be reported? Especially since it could be a not so nice person saying that he/she wants a girl friend/boy friend.

Administrator
Please refer to the FAQ concerning reportable offenses.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Yeah, that's dangerous. But there was once this one stupid guy saying, "I need a girl" by Morgan Lafitte, so he obviously didn't get how it worked.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013
Nightwolf2425 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Now, I know this might not be the best place to ask, because there isn't exactly a place to ask this type of question. I've been seeing a lot of "I need a boyfriend" in the game chats. They may not phrase it like that but everyone knows what they are saying. Anyways, It worries me because we all know there are bad people out there who would like to hurt people, whether your a little boy or girl, to grown ups. Everyone is at risk and there are people on the game who can so easily be a boyfriend who is 50 years old. Let me give you an example: I can pretend to be the same age as the girl who wants a boyfriend. We get closer and she tells me where she lives and all that. cause there are ways to get around the chat system, we all now that its not perfect. I show up and boom, I could be a 50 year old man and snatch the girl up and run. It's that easy, and it scares me. I'm 17 and I've seen kids from middle school, to high school with children. It may not be the same, but its to young and here I see girls and boys occasionally asking for a boyfriend or girlfriend. They have to be desperate or not thinking clearly to be asking on a game which makes them vulnerable. Question is: What should I do. I wanted to report it, but I'd like to be safe and keep my account. I'd like to do something, because it may seem unlikely, but it can happen. Anyone could be sitting at the other end of the computer and you guys and gals might just blow it off, but if you ever found out that you could have done something to save someones life or prevent them having to care for a child, it make you feel terrible. I would feel horrible. So like I asked, what do I do. What can we do to help stop it.
I saw that too they friended me and then say "I LOVE YOU " i am like " I do not know what you mean by love by i do not swing that way "