Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

um... "farming"???

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
what does "farming" mean? I mean, not like raising crops and caring for livestock. Is it related?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
CheeryCherry1234 on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
what does "farming" mean? I mean, not like raising crops and caring for livestock. Is it related?
No, raising crops and livestock is not a part of the playable P101 game, though it would be interesting to see. When farming is mentioned, it's implied that one or a group of pirates will battle a boss until it drops something or enough of something from the battles to satisfy the players. Common stops are Friar Sand, various bosses in Cool Ranch, and Fin Dorsal.
I'll be honest - when I farm, I'm mostly in it to hang out with friends and joke around. Most of the time, I don't get fairly lucky with the drops, though I get a decent amount of gold. Next time you hear about some boss-farming, you should try it!
There's also nautical farming, where two or more pirates get together to battle other ships so they can earn gold, ship XP, and ship parts. Nautical farming is very important to me, as I'm a level 57 pirate with level 30 Nautical. I try to attend as many nautical farming "runs" as I can.

Have fun!

D.S. Devereaux

Captain
May 16, 2011
DS Devereaux on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
No, raising crops and livestock is not a part of the playable P101 game, though it would be interesting to see. When farming is mentioned, it's implied that one or a group of pirates will battle a boss until it drops something or enough of something from the battles to satisfy the players. Common stops are Friar Sand, various bosses in Cool Ranch, and Fin Dorsal.
I'll be honest - when I farm, I'm mostly in it to hang out with friends and joke around. Most of the time, I don't get fairly lucky with the drops, though I get a decent amount of gold. Next time you hear about some boss-farming, you should try it!
There's also nautical farming, where two or more pirates get together to battle other ships so they can earn gold, ship XP, and ship parts. Nautical farming is very important to me, as I'm a level 57 pirate with level 30 Nautical. I try to attend as many nautical farming "runs" as I can.

Have fun!

D.S. Devereaux
I'm actually glad I'm not the only high level pirate with a low nautical level of like 32 or 33. And you could add Phule to list of handy hints.

"Who are you?! Surrender or feel the wrath of El Toro!"

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
DS Devereaux on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:

Have fun!

D.S. Devereaux
oh, trying to battle until it drops something you want?

Bosun
May 10, 2010
There are a lot of bosses that drop certain gear, totems, charms, and rings. Farming means that you keep battling that boss until you get the gear or item you are looking for.

Also you can farm for gold. Friar Sand is a great candidate for this task, that or ships.

You can also Nautical farm with friends, where a bunch of people get together and sink ships, gaining gold, ship equipment and lots of nautical xp.

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
It's kind of like you want to get a certain drop, so you keep farming the creature or boss until you get it.

Petty Officer
Dec 04, 2011
it's like you want a certain item or getting some gold while beating bosses or enemys

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
farming is a term gamers use in rpg's(like pirate101) for when they defeat a certain boss/enemy multible times in order to collect certain items,xp,and sometimes the game's currency

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013